Ratings for Dr. Ratika Parkash

Last fall Dr. Parkash did ablations in my heart after a couple weeks of tests in other hospitals , no one seemed to know why my heart was beating so fast . An hour or so after meeting her , she had me on the operating table , I was scared half to death and she had the best bedside manner , assuring me that everything would be alright . She smiled a lot , laughed and in an hour she told me she found the problem and fixed it . My heart still speeds up when it shouldn't , but nothing like it was before , and it slows back down on its own now , another dr. is keeping an eye on me just in case ..... my experience with Dr. Parkash was a good one , and I was told at the Halifax Infirmary that she was possibly one of the best in the country , at what she does . ....

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I'm always left with the feeling my concerns are uninteresting and I am boring her with my questions. She can be a but of a bully if you don't agree with her treatment plan. Very knowledgeable, I'm sure, but I just haven't "hit if off" with her. I'm sure it's just me, as all the other reviews are very glowing. She always seems very dismissive of me and my problems with arrhythmia. I guess when you only see someone for ten or fifteen minutes once or twice in a year, you really can't form much of an opinion. I really can't comment on her staff, as I have never had any contact with any of them.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I would have to say Dr. Parkash absolutely knows her stuff . She rewired inside my heart ... no doubt saved my life . Great doctor , great hospital , ... Thank You .

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

just the best doctor that you can have, kind and brillant. she helped when others could not.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I was referred t Dr. Parkash after seeing two other cardiologists who could not seem to get to the root of my heart issues. On my first visit with Dr. Parkash she was very patient and efficient - took time to go over every detail of my past care. Within three months she solved all my problems - with a pacemaker and medication, I feel like a new person. All my visits to her were prompt, with a minimal wait time and she was very good to answer any and all questions. I could not recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr. Parkash is a brilliant physician and has a terrific bedside manner. She is very forward thinking and provides answers in a timely manner. On one occasion after almost 2 years of poor information surrounding a defective lead wire, Dr. Parkash made the decision to correct the problem after no one else seemed capable of correcting what could be a life threatening device malfunction. On another occasion during a routine visit prior to a procedure, we had some questions about the upcoming procedure. Even though this was just a checkup with another physician, she immediately answered the page and came to see us within minutes and answered our questions in a direct and efficient manner. Dr. Parkash is truly a gift to the Maritime provinces and is active in research, creating guidelines and answers to some of the most difficult questions facing cardiology these days. She embodies the modern MD with efficient, kind, timely and extremely knowledgable care. As a healthcare provider she is A+

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr Ratika Parkash was very helpfull , one of the best drs around . She made me feel at ease during my visit and i did not have to wait to get an ablation , i had it the day after i first met with her .

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Had heart issues for almost over a year with NO answers, all the doctors i've seen (which was many) all told me it was stress, I was recommended to this doctor by another. upon first visit she was able to tell me exactly what the issue was and fixed it right away. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

A kind, honest staight shooter. Wait times can be long.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Parkash performed 2 surgerys on me and was extremely professional and plesant both times. She is confident without being arrogant which is a calming thing when you are having your heart burnt from the inside. She told me the first time she met me "I will fix you" and within a year she did. I can't say enough good things about this lady and I highly recommend her to anyone. She has an excellent bed side manor and her staff ensure she is informed about calls. She quickly responds and has a way of easing any concerns. I hope I never have Aterial Fib again but if I do I hope the Nova Scotia government is smart enough to keep this doctor here in Nova Scotia. I think I would even travel to another part of the country to have Dr. Parkash operate on me she is that good.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011