Ratings for Dr. Navdeep Nijhawan

Always been there for me, polite and courteous. I would highly reccomend him and hisgreat staff

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I had eyelid surgery recently and I have only good things to say. He is kind, compassionate and willing to answer any questions you have - no matter how many times you asked the same question. Post surgery he provided his cell number in case of any concerns and when we called him he called right back. I felt like he actually care. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Nijhawan!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

My mom's cataracts were so advanced that he was the only one who would attempt the surgery. At 86 years old it went perfectly, both eyes. At 96 years old now, she still has good vision. I am a hospital worker myself, and this doctor is to-notch in every way. I hope he is around when I need surgery one day. Thank you for being so nice to my mother Edith

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

After seeing three other doctors in the last year about my problem, Dr. Nijhawan recognized immediately what my problem was. He performed surgery on me at St. Michael's Hospital which was successful. Dr. Nijhawan is an excellent doctor who is not only superior in his knowledge and skills but very considerate to the extend of giving me his cell phone number if I had any problems.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr Nijhawan did eye lid surgery on me and I highly recommend him. He did an excellent job. Bedside manner isn't the greatest but it's worth having the best. The nurses at LHB were excellent after my surgery and explained everything thoroughly before I left the hospital.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr.Nijawan is a very caring and dedicated eye Doctor.I have been seeing him twice a year since he started his practise in Oshawa..Only the best to say about him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I have been seeing this Dr for about 9 years.. He is kind and very good at what he does. He has been very supportive in my years, helping to take care of my situation at all times. His first concern is your eye health. He understands the fear you have regarding the possibility of losing sight, and does everything in his power to help make that not happen.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I recently went to see this particular Dr. in Oshawa at the Oshawa Clinic for a cyst that is growing in the corner of my right eyelid. I had explained to the doctor how I am only sighted in THAT particular eye. The doctor told me for $450 and baring 20-30 of pain,he would remove the cyst in his office. The doctor then went on to tell me that he had changed his mind about doing the surgery at all when I asked him if he would be able to freeze or put me asleep at the Oshawa Hospital,as I have NO pain/medical equipment tolerance due to bipolar disorder with severe anxiety,fibromyalgia and past family and spousal abuse. I was told NO to all of my requests AFTER the doctor found out I was receiving social assistance disability! This doctor is all about $$money$$,he told me before I left his office that "my problem was not really going to bother me until I was about 60",even though I tried to make it clear to him that the 'pain' of the cyst was making me constantly rub and touch the area.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Having surgery done was the easy part very good doctor,However being younger and having to work,I found the information concerning after surgerys do;S and donts not up to date,If your having eye surgery done hes an excellent surgeon but does not give you the information you need to return to work with a comfort level one should have.Any job out of the ordinary and the staff dont want to hear from you,I asked several questions that I felt that the doctor never took seriously,being most of his patients are elderly and I felt he has not considered his younger patient and there different concerns,Ask every thing you can think of in his office when you see him and if not happy with the reply ask again its your sight .

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr.Navdeep Nijhawan's assistant is unpleasant and needs help with her bedside manners.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010