Ratings for Dr. Lamar J. Bushnell

I had a thorocotomy on 11/8/12 to get a biopsy of 4 tumors in and around my right lung. Dr. Bushnell was very professional and explained thoroughly what was going to happen. It is/was a very invasive surgery and I was in the ICU for 3 days with 2 more in a regular hospital room. Although traumatic and the biopsy showed no lung cancer, I did have advanced Non Hodgkins Lymphoma which was treated for 3 years with chemotherapy. I would highly recommend Dr. Bushnell.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

When a serious condition arose as a result of surgery he performed[I had just been released from the Hospital and was still under his care], he was uncaring, distant, and unresponsive. His office staff was extremely unhelpful as well. I ended up having to go the the Emergency Rm.[I was told if I had waited another hour or two I could be dead]. All that week Dr. Bushnell ignored my urgent requests for help, he was rude and dismissive on the phone, and his staff made me wait for an appointment[By the time of the appointment, I had been readmitted to the Hospital]. I was sent to a different Hospital, where the staff expressed amazement at his negligence. Afterward, two local Doctors told me that while he is a competent surgeon, he does not know how to take care of a patient afterward or when a problem arises. Dr. Bushnell appears charming when you first meet him, but when I needed him, he was rude, and cold. I was also left w/constant pain. I am happy[and LUCKY!], to be alive.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Dr. Lamar J. Bushnell's Credentials

• Arabic

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente