Ratings for Dr. Dean M. Cestari

I recently underwent strabismus surgery (resultant from Graves Disease) performed by Dr. Dean Cestari at Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary. Prior to this surgery, I had required orbital decompressions to both eyes, which left me with double vision and a significantly reduced quality of life. My ability to drive safely was severely compromised. Prior to the surgery, Dr. he provided detailed explanations of my condition, what the surgery would entail, and what we could expect the results to be. Following this strabismus surgery, my eyes are in much better alignment, the double vision is gone and my previous quality of life restored. I cannot thank Dr. Cestari, his staff and Mass Eye and Ear enough for the results they achieved and the wonderful care they provided me.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Dr . Cestari is fantastic!! I had double vision caused by Thyroid Eye Disease. Heredity may also have been a factor. I had surgery that improved my life dramatically. Dr Cestari is knowledgeable, caring, and professional. He was wonderful throughout the evaluation process and the before , during , and after surgery. I got an amazing result. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

I recently have undergone strabismus surgery performed by Dr. Dean Cestari. His knowledge and expertise are quite evident and greatly appreciated as I can see so much better now .Its truly amazing what he was able to accomplish ! He was able to explain my condition and what was needed to be done so I was able to understand . Also explanation of what to expect post surgery was spot on! Kudos to Dr. Cestari I would certainly recommend him to anyone. I would also like to thank ALL of the staff at Mass Eye And Ear. Everyone I came in contact with was very knowledgeable, professional and pleasant. Many thanks to all for making this a positive experience.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I was kind of a difficult case in where Dr. Cestari had 2 problems to fix at once with my eyes(both a nystagmus and a lazy eye). He explained both what I had and how he was going to fix it to me very well and made me very comfortable with what he was going to do. He told me how he spent hours going over charts and things and trying to figure out how he was going to do it which made me feel good that he cared enough to put that extra work in on top of the work he did for the other patients in his care. The surgery was was definitely a success and I am seeing a bit better now and the lazy eye is fixed. Dr. Cestari is a great doctor and I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

No superlative could adequately express the magnificent level of care that I received while under Dr. Cestari's care. Besides his extraordinary medical skills, which improved my eyesight as well as the quality of my life, Dr. Cesatari's empathy, patience, and ability to listen made his sincere caring obvious. Dr. Cestari spent whatever amount of time was required so that the issues were addressed, questions answered and the highest level of care provided. I am blessed to have been his patient.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cestari and his Staff. I thought double vision was something i was going to have to live with for the rest of my life. Dr Cestari was not only able to improve my symptoms, he was able to bring my vision back to a point where it's really difficult to tell that i ever had double vision, it's amazing! If it's something you thought you had to live with, go in for a consultation and get your life back!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Would highly recommend Dr. Cestari for any matters related to double vision/Adult Strabismus. He and his staff were consummate professionals and very helpful throughout the entire diagnosis, recommendation, surgical and post surgical processes.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

After having two surgeries as a kid that weren't successful in fixing my strabismus I was referred to Dr. Cestari. Start to finish I felt I was with the best doctor in the country at the best facility in the country and there is a reason they are ranked #1. They are all fantastic and above all Dr. Cestari gave me new hope by fixing my misaligned eye. I now look people in the eyes with confidence and that has changed how I carry myself as an adult. Thank you Dr. Cestari and keep doing what you are doing because so many people are so thankful to have been your patient!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Kind , caring , very intelligent !!! The staff are very friendly too. My surgery was successful - he changed my life!! I HIGHLY recommend Dr Cestari to whoever needs an eye specialist!!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Dean Cestari is one of the best Doctors around. I received a head injury causing me to have double vision. I was devastated, but once I saw Dr. Cestari, he educated me on what caused my double vision and also gave me hope that it would heal and it did. His staff was amazing and took care of me like no one ever did. Dr. Cestari, the secretary and his staff are one of the best around.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017