Ratings for Dr. Dean M. Cestari

simply, the best dr. I ever had. very profesional.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2019

In August of 2019 Dr. Cestari on both my eyes to correct my adult strabismus. The operation was a success, and I was very pleased with the entire process. Dr. Cestari took the time to educate me on my condition, what my treatment options were and what is involved in the surgery and recovery. He listened and responded to all my questions and concerns. I experienced only mild discomfort following the surgery and minimal swelling and bruising. Dr. Cestari has the perfect combination of knowledge, skills, experience and compassion. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Dr.Dean Cestari is an exceptional surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable, patient and kind. He made what could/should have been a frightening and stressful surgery something that I actually looked forward to. I had double vision and future eye crossing. Surgery was successful, so perfect vision now! His entire staff, the Medical Administrative Assistant, Tatyana, other staff members and nurses were wonderful, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. Just as wonderful.!! I highly recommend Dr. Cestari!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

On August 31, 2015 Dr. Cestari did surgery on both my eyes. I was seeing double and my pupils did not align together because I am legally blind in my left eye. When I was a child I had 3 surgeries in Worcester, MA that were unsuccessful. I am now 56 yrs. old. This time with Dr. Cestari doing the surgery, it was a total success. I am no longer seeing double and my pupils are totally aligned. He is my hero. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2019

Dr Cestari, is an outstanding dr and surgeon. He is extremely knowledgable and communicates very well to his staff and to his patents so you can understand all that is taking place. He works with you to develop an action plan. Dr Cestari provides time to answer all your questions and insures you are comfortable with all options .

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

I saw Dr. Cestari upon referral from Dr. Rizzo (at Mass Eye & Ear) from Dr. Vuong (at Tufts). I had received a diagnosis of superior oblique myokemia, which is an extremely rare condition causing my left eye to regularly tremor uncontrollably. Dr. Cestari was referred for surgery after all medical treatments failed. He was fantastic. Five months in, the tremoring is still resolved (knock on wood). I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable, patient, and excellent surgeon. Hopefully, none of my friends and family need his services, but I would wholeheartedly refer them to him if they do.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

I was refered to Dr. Cestari for my diplopia (double vision) which occured due to 6th nerve palsy caused by clival chordoma. I had surgery for removing the chordoma a few months prior but the diplopia persisted. Dr. Cestari treated the eye muscle with a Botox injection that corrected the vision in about a week and I have been fine since. Initially it was thought that I would need strabismus surgery eventually since the botox effect could be temporary but Dr. Cestari suggested giving time to see if the nerve would recover. I was also undergoing proton radiation treatment during this time. Now it is about 6 months since the treatments and my vision is fine. Dr. Cestari is very kind and patient in explaining the condition and available options. Highly reccomend Dr. Cestari and the team of doctors and professionals at ME&E.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

My dad had been seeing double due to an inflamed muscle behind both eyes. He had been to a number of doctors in Portugal that told him this would be a very tough surgery. He came here to Mass Eye and Ear and met with Dr. Cestari, this was the best thing that could have happened to him. Dr. Cestari and his team were unbelievably caring toward my dad and assured him that the surgery will be just fine and that he would correct his vision. After the surgery my dad saw single vision immediately and was extremely happy the way the team handled him. I would refer Dr. Cestari to anybody out there looking for the best eye care around. Again, I would like to thank Dr. Cestari and his team of doctors for taking the time and effort to make my dads experience an unforgettable one! Luis Rocha

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

On February 17, 2017 I was in a terrible automobile accident , that caused my left eye to be cross eyed, completely paralyzed the left side of my face and significantly degraded my hearing. On June 20, 2017, I met with Dr, Dean Cestari who gave me a thorough examination and recommended strabismus surgery. His communications and interpersonal skills were exceptional as he took the time to explain to me that this would be a process that would include two surgeries and possibly a third. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from Tatyana Pearson, his Operations Coordinator, to inform me that appointments had been scheduled for me with Dr. Jowett, Dr, Hadlock, Dr Freitag, Dr. Song and Dr. Santos to address my facial and hearing issues which was completely unexpected. I was extremely impressed that Dr. Cestari took the time to ensure that all my health issues were addressed. Dr. Cestari is an extremely talented surgeon and has built an outstanding support team to assist him including his Operations Coordinator, who is superb at all aspects of patient communications. Dr. Cestari and his team corrected my vision and ensured my other health issues were successfully addressed. There are not enough superlatives to describe the quality of care he and his team provided me and I recommend him highly to anyone who needs a skilled, talented and experienced surgeon who genuinely cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

Dr. Dean Cestari at Mass Eye & Ear in Boston, MA is a brilliant eye surgeon with a patient and kind bedside manner. He is everything a doctor should be: a very good listener, extremely detailed in his exams/explanations, and never in a rush to move on to the next patient. I was diagnosed last year with 4th nerve palsy with no known cause. I began to experience double-vision (vertical) with the 2nd image turned at an angle when looking at anything more than 5 feet away. Very, very frustrating. No more skiing, biking or boating. Driving was problematic, even with prism glasses. On 5/22/19, Dr. Cestari performed a strabismus/inferior oblique myectomy surgery -- non-suture, one eye only, under general anesthesia. When I woke up in the recovery room I could see perfectly with single vision! No more double-vision for the first time in over a year! No pain, just Tylenol for a tiny amount of soreness. Twelve days after surgery, I am back to wearing my contact lenses and amazed my vision has been restored 100%. If you are a candidate for any type of eye surgery, look no further and make an appointment. Dr. Cestari is worth the wait. He will treat you as if you are his ONLY patient. Mass Eye & Ear is an amazing health care facility--it truly is the best in the world. I will be forever grateful for his knowledge and surgical talent!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Fallon Community Health Plan
Harvard-Pilgrim
  • Humana Gold Plus
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Tufts