Ratings for Dr. Dean M. Cestari

Dr. Dean. M. Cestari is an amazing and very well respected Ophthalmologist in our family. My wife had nerve damage to her left eye which caused those muscles to become very weak thus leaving her seeing with double vision. Her surgery performed by Dr. Cestari was a complete sucess and her vision is now restored. Thank you Dr. Cestari.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Cestari completed adult strabismus surgery in my right eye that developed later in life. He was very thorough and explained exactly what would happen. The surgery and recovery was exactly as described and my right eye is straight again. I would definitely recommend doctor cestari at mass eye and ear.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

In June 2016, Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on both of my eyes due to thyroid eye disease. All was great until January of 2018 when my vision became blurry and at times I started to see double again. I made an appointment with Dr. Cestari, He discovered that the muscles in my eyes were again swollen. As a result, in March of 2018 I had ocular decompression surgery in both eyes. After the surgery, my right eye was was si far out of alignment, that I needed to put tape over the right lens of my eyeglasses in order to be able to walk or perform any basic activity. Driving was out of the question. After seeing Dr. Cestari again, it was decided that I would have to undergo strabismus surgery agaub, In June 2016, Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on both of my eyes due to thyroid eye disease. The surgery was successful and my vision was fine. In January 2018, I began seeing double again and made an appointment to see Dr. Cestari. He discovered that the muscles in my eyes had become swollen again and needed to be operated on. In March 2018, i had ocular deompression surgery in both eyes. After the surgery, my right eye was so out of alignment that I had to coverthe lens of my eyeglasses with tape in order to perform the most basic functions such as walking and reading. After the decompression surgery, I met with Dr. Cestari again and it was decided that anothef strabismus surgery would be required. During the office visits Dr. Cestari advised me what I could expect during this second surgery. He also explained that this was the second surgery of this type, so it would be a more difficult surgery. He also explained that he did not know if both eyes or only my right eye would require the surgery. I had the surgery on 9/28 and could not be more pleased. In the recovery room, Dr. Cestari spent a great deal of time explaining what he had to do during the surgery. Dr. Cestari and the staff and Mass Eye and Ear made this difficult time for me much less stressful. They were always, kind, courteous, patient, caring and so knowledgeable. They took the time to make sure that I understood all of the information that they provided.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr Cestari corrected my stabismus. He understood that I was uncomfortable with my strabismus being that it developed later in life for me. My eyes are 100% straight now thanks to Dr. Cestari.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

Dr. Cestari corrected my strabismus with his surgery. He and his colleagues were extremely thorough in evaluating the problem and presenting the options. Surgery and recovery went well, and I am happy with the result two week later. His staff is very courteous, and he is very caring. His expertise, knowledge and skill are obvious. Thank you for taking care of me and my eye.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

I recently underwent strabismus surgery (resultant from Graves Disease) performed by Dr. Dean Cestari at Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary. Prior to this surgery, I had required orbital decompressions to both eyes, which left me with double vision and a significantly reduced quality of life. My ability to drive safely was severely compromised. Prior to the surgery, Dr. he provided detailed explanations of my condition, what the surgery would entail, and what we could expect the results to be. Following this strabismus surgery, my eyes are in much better alignment, the double vision is gone and my previous quality of life restored. I cannot thank Dr. Cestari, his staff and Mass Eye and Ear enough for the results they achieved and the wonderful care they provided me.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Dr . Cestari is fantastic!! I had double vision caused by Thyroid Eye Disease. Heredity may also have been a factor. I had surgery that improved my life dramatically. Dr Cestari is knowledgeable, caring, and professional. He was wonderful throughout the evaluation process and the before , during , and after surgery. I got an amazing result. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

I recently have undergone strabismus surgery performed by Dr. Dean Cestari. His knowledge and expertise are quite evident and greatly appreciated as I can see so much better now .Its truly amazing what he was able to accomplish ! He was able to explain my condition and what was needed to be done so I was able to understand . Also explanation of what to expect post surgery was spot on! Kudos to Dr. Cestari I would certainly recommend him to anyone. I would also like to thank ALL of the staff at Mass Eye And Ear. Everyone I came in contact with was very knowledgeable, professional and pleasant. Many thanks to all for making this a positive experience.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I was kind of a difficult case in where Dr. Cestari had 2 problems to fix at once with my eyes(both a nystagmus and a lazy eye). He explained both what I had and how he was going to fix it to me very well and made me very comfortable with what he was going to do. He told me how he spent hours going over charts and things and trying to figure out how he was going to do it which made me feel good that he cared enough to put that extra work in on top of the work he did for the other patients in his care. The surgery was was definitely a success and I am seeing a bit better now and the lazy eye is fixed. Dr. Cestari is a great doctor and I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

No superlative could adequately express the magnificent level of care that I received while under Dr. Cestari's care. Besides his extraordinary medical skills, which improved my eyesight as well as the quality of my life, Dr. Cesatari's empathy, patience, and ability to listen made his sincere caring obvious. Dr. Cestari spent whatever amount of time was required so that the issues were addressed, questions answered and the highest level of care provided. I am blessed to have been his patient.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018