Ratings for Dr. Dean M. Cestari

Helped me get my eyes back in line, best doctor amazing doctor

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Dr. Cestari is amazing, I can't say enough about him. I had had double vision that increased over the course of 5 years. Dr. Cestari operated on me in March of 2017, and he was so precise that I've had no double vision in the time since. He is caring and compassionate, and he outlined very well what to expect, there were no surprises. Presurgery, I had an enormous problem that impacted my life daily, and he fixed it so completely that I mostly forget I ever had the problem. He should be cloned!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

I’m very happy with my surgery results. Dr. Cestari is an excellent physician. I highly recommend him for adult strabismus surgery.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

I had strabismus surgery on both eyes to correct double vision last week. Dr. Cestari and his team were all excellent. During each of the pre-op visits Dr. Cestari precisely measured and documented my deviations and very clearly discussed my options and what he felt would be the best proposed treatment. Dr. Cestari discussed all the risks and benefits of the procedure and what should be expected post-op. My one week follow up was a success. Excellent eye alignment and no double vision!!!! His knowledge, skill and bedside manner are outstanding. I would highly recommend consulting with Dr. Cestari if you have issues with strabismus, muscle imbalance, or double vision. I also want to comment on Dr. Cestari's staff and the surgical staff. Each person I came in contact with from his support staff, clinical staff and surgical staff were all extremely caring and knowledgable. The whole experience was exceptional!! Thanks Dr. Cestari and team!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Finally got in to see Dr Cestari....long ride, but he is so worth it! Prior surgery caused eye to become crossed...Dr Cestari has increased it. Couldn't get it done near home....seems no one knew what to do:( Thank Mass Eye & Ear who have Dr Cestari in their fold!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Dean. M. Cestari is an amazing and very well respected Ophthalmologist in our family. My wife had nerve damage to her left eye which caused those muscles to become very weak thus leaving her seeing with double vision. Her surgery performed by Dr. Cestari was a complete sucess and her vision is now restored. Thank you Dr. Cestari.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Cestari completed adult strabismus surgery in my right eye that developed later in life. He was very thorough and explained exactly what would happen. The surgery and recovery was exactly as described and my right eye is straight again. I would definitely recommend doctor cestari at mass eye and ear.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

In June 2016, Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on both of my eyes due to thyroid eye disease. All was great until January of 2018 when my vision became blurry and at times I started to see double again. I made an appointment with Dr. Cestari, He discovered that the muscles in my eyes were again swollen. As a result, in March of 2018 I had ocular decompression surgery in both eyes. After the surgery, my right eye was was si far out of alignment, that I needed to put tape over the right lens of my eyeglasses in order to be able to walk or perform any basic activity. Driving was out of the question. After seeing Dr. Cestari again, it was decided that I would have to undergo strabismus surgery agaub, In June 2016, Dr. Cestari performed strabismus surgery on both of my eyes due to thyroid eye disease. The surgery was successful and my vision was fine. In January 2018, I began seeing double again and made an appointment to see Dr. Cestari. He discovered that the muscles in my eyes had become swollen again and needed to be operated on. In March 2018, i had ocular deompression surgery in both eyes. After the surgery, my right eye was so out of alignment that I had to coverthe lens of my eyeglasses with tape in order to perform the most basic functions such as walking and reading. After the decompression surgery, I met with Dr. Cestari again and it was decided that anothef strabismus surgery would be required. During the office visits Dr. Cestari advised me what I could expect during this second surgery. He also explained that this was the second surgery of this type, so it would be a more difficult surgery. He also explained that he did not know if both eyes or only my right eye would require the surgery. I had the surgery on 9/28 and could not be more pleased. In the recovery room, Dr. Cestari spent a great deal of time explaining what he had to do during the surgery. Dr. Cestari and the staff and Mass Eye and Ear made this difficult time for me much less stressful. They were always, kind, courteous, patient, caring and so knowledgeable. They took the time to make sure that I understood all of the information that they provided.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr Cestari corrected my stabismus. He understood that I was uncomfortable with my strabismus being that it developed later in life for me. My eyes are 100% straight now thanks to Dr. Cestari.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

Dr. Cestari corrected my strabismus with his surgery. He and his colleagues were extremely thorough in evaluating the problem and presenting the options. Surgery and recovery went well, and I am happy with the result two week later. His staff is very courteous, and he is very caring. His expertise, knowledge and skill are obvious. Thank you for taking care of me and my eye.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018