Ratings for Dr. Dean M. Cestari

My name is Denise Perillo, I am 54 years old and live in New Jersey. I have had problems with my eyes for years, especially double vision. I was at the point that I no longer wanted to make eye contact when speaking to people. My quality of life was diminishing. In the past 2 years I have had 4 surgeries in an effort to correct the double vision. I was referred to Dr. Cestari by my surgeon in New Jersey and by another Neuro-Ophthalmologist. I also had a brain tumor in 1985 and had no idea that could be connected to my eye problems. My case was apparently so complicated that at one point prior to the surgery Dr. Cestari questioned whether he should do it. After giving it much thought he modified his original plan and the outcome was successful. My double vision has been corrected. I have some exercises to do over the next few months but am positive about the future and I am looking everyone straight in the eye. My surgery date was October 2, 2019 at Massachusetts Eye and Ear. I cannot thank Dr. Cestari, Tatyana, and the staff at Mass Eye and Ear enough for taking the time not only to figure out how to help me but for listening to me and genuinely wanting to help. Dr. Cestari is wonderful and it is clear how much he cares for his patients. I am lucky to have found him. Traveling to Boston from New Jersey was the right move for me. God Bless Dr. Cestari.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2019

At age 60 I developed strabismus. Now at 69+ I can see again thanks to Dr. Cestari. Seeing clearly in the shower has been my greatest joy. Even my posture improved now that I'm no longer looking at the ground watching every footstep I take. Everyone I encountered was so professional and caring. And minimal discomfort! Thank you, Dr. Cestari, for giving me back my life!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

simply, the best dr. I ever had. very profesional.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2019

In August of 2019 Dr. Cestari on both my eyes to correct my adult strabismus. The operation was a success, and I was very pleased with the entire process. Dr. Cestari took the time to educate me on my condition, what my treatment options were and what is involved in the surgery and recovery. He listened and responded to all my questions and concerns. I experienced only mild discomfort following the surgery and minimal swelling and bruising. Dr. Cestari has the perfect combination of knowledge, skills, experience and compassion. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Dr.Dean Cestari is an exceptional surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable, patient and kind. He made what could/should have been a frightening and stressful surgery something that I actually looked forward to. I had double vision and future eye crossing. Surgery was successful, so perfect vision now! His entire staff, the Medical Administrative Assistant, Tatyana, other staff members and nurses were wonderful, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. Just as wonderful.!! I highly recommend Dr. Cestari!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

On August 31, 2015 Dr. Cestari did surgery on both my eyes. I was seeing double and my pupils did not align together because I am legally blind in my left eye. When I was a child I had 3 surgeries in Worcester, MA that were unsuccessful. I am now 56 yrs. old. This time with Dr. Cestari doing the surgery, it was a total success. I am no longer seeing double and my pupils are totally aligned. He is my hero. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2019

Dr Cestari, is an outstanding dr and surgeon. He is extremely knowledgable and communicates very well to his staff and to his patents so you can understand all that is taking place. He works with you to develop an action plan. Dr Cestari provides time to answer all your questions and insures you are comfortable with all options .

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

I saw Dr. Cestari upon referral from Dr. Rizzo (at Mass Eye & Ear) from Dr. Vuong (at Tufts). I had received a diagnosis of superior oblique myokemia, which is an extremely rare condition causing my left eye to regularly tremor uncontrollably. Dr. Cestari was referred for surgery after all medical treatments failed. He was fantastic. Five months in, the tremoring is still resolved (knock on wood). I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable, patient, and excellent surgeon. Hopefully, none of my friends and family need his services, but I would wholeheartedly refer them to him if they do.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

I was refered to Dr. Cestari for my diplopia (double vision) which occured due to 6th nerve palsy caused by clival chordoma. I had surgery for removing the chordoma a few months prior but the diplopia persisted. Dr. Cestari treated the eye muscle with a Botox injection that corrected the vision in about a week and I have been fine since. Initially it was thought that I would need strabismus surgery eventually since the botox effect could be temporary but Dr. Cestari suggested giving time to see if the nerve would recover. I was also undergoing proton radiation treatment during this time. Now it is about 6 months since the treatments and my vision is fine. Dr. Cestari is very kind and patient in explaining the condition and available options. Highly reccomend Dr. Cestari and the team of doctors and professionals at ME&E.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

My dad had been seeing double due to an inflamed muscle behind both eyes. He had been to a number of doctors in Portugal that told him this would be a very tough surgery. He came here to Mass Eye and Ear and met with Dr. Cestari, this was the best thing that could have happened to him. Dr. Cestari and his team were unbelievably caring toward my dad and assured him that the surgery will be just fine and that he would correct his vision. After the surgery my dad saw single vision immediately and was extremely happy the way the team handled him. I would refer Dr. Cestari to anybody out there looking for the best eye care around. Again, I would like to thank Dr. Cestari and his team of doctors for taking the time and effort to make my dads experience an unforgettable one! Luis Rocha

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019