Ratings for Dr. David Montani

Dr. Montani seems to be quite knowledgeable about pharmacological intervention and DSM specified disorders, but is very impersonal. Luckily his secretary is efficient and willing to act as his messenger since it will be a very rare occurance that you will actually get to speak with this dr. yourself if you need to call in for any questions or to report symptoms between sessions. Save all your questions for session, but try to keep it brief because it seems like he is always in a hurry. His time is worth quite a lot (as any patient would agree when they pay their bill) but remember, your time (though it is incredibly valuable to you, your health, and your relationships) is not all that important to him. This is not a psychiatrist for someone looking for a therapeutic relationship or teammate in your healthcare, this psychiatrist seems to actually prefer you not be involved much at all. Also, never get upset if he prescribes you unorthodox medication, and after several weeks of enduring awful side-effects and leaving a few voicemails specifying the pain you are experiencing are of little avail. The good news is your PCP decides to run a special type of test and tells you that, actually, you should never have been prescribed such a medicine because you were just suffering from the most common vitamin deficiency, which was causing all of your problems down to the smallest detail. Imagine your PCP's surprise at how long such a simple suggestion would not be given. And definitely don't call back Dr. Montani's office asking for answers to these very questions (keeping in mind I endured the pain of this treatment for weeks and it affected my work, social life, therapy, etc. ). Without a word or warning or discussion, I received a letter in the mail the next day stating that Dr. Montani "could no longer be my physician and that I should find a new one in the area. He did offer me a generous period in which to continue recieving my monthly prescriptions from him, but no other suggestion was made or explanation given. From what I've read online about psychiatrists "firing" patients, it makes me sad, because I fear maybe I assumedhewas more available than he actually was or the information I was giving him was more valuable than it actually was. Maybe he saw my questions as accusations. But being cut off in a letter, an incredibly impersonal letter, stemmed like an awful way to end a "therapeutic alliance". I really trusted him, but I'm finding that a doctor who is unable or unwilling to communicate with their patients, especially in a time of crisis, isn't a doctor I want on my team.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

Dr. David Montani's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Alton, IL