Ratings for Dr. Neil G. Hockstein

His surgery staff let me go home after performing sinus surgery even after I could not urinate. I could not urinate at home and had to go to a medical clinic where they removed 1100 cc of urine. Hockstein took no responsibility and said it was just a bump in the road. I was home for 2 weeks when I should have only missed a few days. Doc Is arrogant, obnoxious and talks like he can walk on water. I would never recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Hockestein is an arrogant person. He has serious personality issues. He fits the textbook definition of narcissism. If I had to choose a doctor it would not be him. If you want to be pissed off and talked down to, go see Dr. Neil.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr Hockstein is the best doctor I have ever seen. He knows his specialty and respects his patients. When I was faced with a serious issue he sat down with me and took all the time I needed to understand the situation. He is confident not egotistic. I am dumfounded by the negative reviews. You want the BEST doctor not someone to be your Best Friend.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Very kind supportive and knowledgeable about his specialty.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

He is slipping. I think he is letting his ego trip him up lately. He missed my diagnosis of a sinus infection. He is normally right on with his diagnosis of my sinus problems. He missed this last time. He is human and will miss sometimes but he has not misdiagnosed me all these ten years I have been with him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Saw this doctor about a year ago. I'm a classically trained vocalist who started having issues with hoarseness and constant post nasal accumulation. Like many others, was on time for appointment but still waited over an hour to be seen. How long did Dr. Hockstein spend with me after the ling wait? Yep - less than 10 minutes. Got a quick look with a scope and was given just a possible reason for my issues. Nothing definitive. And the staff is professional but not personable. I can understand the other negative reviews.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Hockstein has HORRIBLE bed side manner, arrogant, and unprofessional. I already had sworn off ENTs after having a poor experience with one in Philadelphia 12 years ago but finally decided to give it another go for my snoring. I had gone to Dr. Hockstein on the recommendation of my family MD and was extremely disappointed. When I told Dr. Hockstein that I'd like to get control and see what could be done with my snoring, all he said was, "Lose weight." I felt like punching him in the face. Apparently, in his mind only overweight people snore. Then to make matters worse, when he went to put a fiberoptic scope in my nose, I told him I have a very weak gag reflex but he insisted I would not gag and he continued to put the scope in my nose and finally I had to shove his hand and scope out of my nose because I did just about go to throw up. Then to add insult to injury, he charged for the scope!!! I'm going to fight the charge because there is NO WAY he was able to determine anything being that I had to shove it out of me. I strongly recommend that you do yourself a favor and not bother to see Dr. Hockstein.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr Hockstein is the best there is. He is knowledgeable, articulate and answers questions directly. I am amazed at the unfavorable reviews.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Horrible experience with this doctor and I'm a nurse with 28 years experience . Was very rude and acted like I was wasting his time . I saw him for neck swelling and raspy voice. Re my voice and I quote " I don't know what to tell you about your voice, guess you will have to quit your job " Thankfully another ENT at another practice was able to diagnose and treat me . I told my PMD never to send anyone to him and he said he heard complaints from other patients . Do yourself a favor stay away !

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I like Dr. Hockstein. I also don't understand the negative remarks. Sometimes he does run late, but the reason why is evident when it is time for my appointment--he listens and thoroughly answers your questions and does not try to run out the door. I have seen another doctor in his practice that actually is very arrogant--that is not Dr. Hockstein, Even if he thought some of my questions were stupid, he never once acted like it.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Neil G. Hockstein's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE