Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Klemawesch

Super surprised by the other low rating! Dr. K is by far the most kind and tender hearted doctors I know. The staff is mostly nice, I've never been treated wrong, but I have seen a lot of high maintenance older folks take a misunderstanding to the next level with his staff. I've also seen people pop in demanding to be seen next, declaring it was an emergency. The staff has always been respectful and empathetic but firm. I've seen Dr. K's staff take horrible treatment for being fair to all of us patience who made appointments. But every time I've went, it was a very friendly, thorough and comfortable visit! I love Dr. K's heart

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Never again. He entered the exam room angry about something and took it out on me. I have never been anything but respectful and polite toward him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Rude and unprofessional staff. Doctor may or not be aware of how his practice is being handled but will not be returning! And will tell family and friends to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. K for over 15 years. He and his staff are always caring and empathetic. He is so passionate about and good at what he does that because of him I also became a doctor. If I were still in the St. Petersburg area I would refer all my patients to him and his son. You are definitely making the right decision by going to his practice.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

I love Dr. K's office. His staff especially his office manager is wonderful. Very helpful and answered all my questions. I recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Was with this doctor since 1975 I feel he has lost his commitment to patients and the money plays a major part in his practice now. office management doesn't want to accept low monthly payments. I am medically challenged with medicaid as my supplement to medicare. I am 67 years old and I am struggling in this economy. I started a lengthy shot regimen and received a letter recently telling me they dropped me as a patient. They said the payments i was making monthly weren't enough and they kept telling me that they were having trouble collecting from medicaid. Since I was a patient since 1975 80% from medicare and my smaller monthly payments should have been enough. I feel the practice and the hippocratic oath this doctor took has all become a thing of the past as doctors now can just drop any patient they wish that they feel isn't making them enough money. I did have numerous health allergy issues for quite a few years so i don't know if he was really helping me.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Prescribed allergy drugs for my 15-month-old child. He improved for a few months, then the horrible side effects kicked in. My son was dizzy, falling down a lot (he broke his arm as a result), cranky, screaming all the time, running in the street repeatedly, had horrendous night terrors, wouldn't make eye contact or respond to us. I mentioned all this to the doctor and he wrote down what we said but didn't seem phased by it. I realize all doctors prescribe these medications but let's get down to the root of the problem, not cover up the symptoms or give a baby adult medication.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I am not sure about him. I had a great first visit with him. He listened intently, took notes, figured out what tests he wanted to run for my 1-year-old, and was very upbeat and polite. The second visit was helpful as well. On the third visit, which was not a routine visit, he seemed annoyed to see us, did not smile at all, seemed almost put out that we were there before the regular six-month. My son's eczema had not gone away and I needed some medical advice. He referred me to a dermatologist because he couldn't figure out if it was eczema. On the fourth visit, he had no recommendations or advice and just told us to see him again in six months. I haven't been back since. That was over a year ago.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. K. is one of the most caring and competent Drs. I've ever been to.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Wonderful, knowledgeable doctor and staff who go out of their way to assist patients and will take extra time and effort to diagnose medical problems when needed. I went to many allergy doctors and spent years getting treatment before getting the tests I needed that were done immediately at this office. This office has many hours for giving shots including evening and Saturday hours. There is a waiting list to get into see this doctor, but it is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Stephen J. Klemawesch's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1974)

Lumenos