Ratings for Dr. Samuel E. Webster

I went to this doctor based on other patient reviews-a mistake that nearly cost me my life! I will say the initial appt. went well-he took a history and told me to come back in 6 weeks after abstaining from antibiotics,assuring me it'd give him more accurate tests. Sounded reasonable, and I complied, although those 6 weeks took a big toll on my system. When I went in for the follow up appt., he'd apparently forgotten his initial plan, and flippantly told me to go to the ER because it was 'one stop shopping'! I was incredulous-I'd already tried the ER, but it's tailored for carwrecks and other acute trauma-not complicated, hard to diagnose infectious diseases. That's why I was seeing him! Dumbfounded by his snarky response, I mentioned that an ER had recently missed the Ebola diagnosis in Texas, and that's why I was coming to an ID doctor in the first place. Apparently, this hurt his delicate doctor ego, and he kicked me out of his office. (Still wanted to charge for the 'appt. ') BTW I found an ID dr. shortly thereafter who WAS willing to run the appropriate tests, and determined I had a serious pseudomonas a. infection in my lungs, as well as a fungal infection in my sinuses that was dangerously spreading (neither of which showed up in the routine tests that'd been run in the ER) If Dr. Webster is no longer interested in diagnosing the infectious diseases of patients that seek his help, he should take down his shingle!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I was just so fortunate to get Dr.Webster when I was admitted to hospital for facial cellulitis.It was very scary for me as the side of face blew up 5 times the size and was burning hot! Dr. Webster was called in as the specialist.....and boy is he, and SO MUCH MORE. His demaenor was conforting, kind, knowledgable and immediately made me know that "I was going to be alright". This could have possibly gone into my brain and yes, I could have actually died--once in the blood stream. His calm presence combined with his accurate diagnosis and treatment made all the difference in my recovering. His office assistant was an angel, as well; providing amazing and compassionate information as well---This man is amazing and an incredibly skilled doctor. I would recommend him to anyone that I care about that requires his specialty. THANK-YOU, Dr. Webster! Marla A.,Atlanta

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

This is doctor is AMAZING he saved my LIFE! In my opinion he is the best. He is patient, kind, and he really knows what he is doing and he makes the right calls. He SAVED MY LIFE! I can't say that enough, I was on my dying bed but he stopped the infection. This doctor is a great person and a very knowledgeable professional.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Samuel E. Webster's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)