Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Lipton

Dr. Lipton has an excellent report. He was friendly and easy to deal with on my initial visit and diagnosis at the sleep center. I required him to report to my insurance company a reason for them to authorize the purchase of approximately $300 worth of equipment after the appointment. He did not call me back for days until finally I left this review today as it is his final day at the sleep clinic. I have now spent hundreds of dollars out of pocket that my insurance company has told me they will cover if the doctor (Lipton) will provide them with the 3 digit code that I found in under 5 minutes on my own. Very poor follow through once he got me out of the office.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Lipton was great with my son. I was frustrated and Tired and didn't know what to do and him and his staff were great. My son is 10 times better now and I thank them.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Jonathan Lipton's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a child neurologist and sleep physician, I am especially aware of the importance of sleep in children with neurological disease. My research seeks to understand the biological relationships between the circadian clock and diseases of the developing brain. We have identified the core circadian clock protein BMAL1 as a regulator of protein synthesis. BMAL1 promotes circadian rhythms in protein synthesis as a substrate of the mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway, a critical gauge of nutritive status and stress in all cells, including the brain. We have characterized a novel, potentially modifiable, link between the biological timing system and cellular signaling. Corroborating these findings, we have found strong phenotypes in mouse models of the mTOR-opathy Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. Using a combination of mouse behavior, cell biology, biochemistry, and proteomic approaches, my research investigates how circadian timing mechanisms are disrupted in disease. My teaching activities include supervision of medical students, neurology residents, sleep medicine fellows, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows. My educational role straddles both clinical and basic scientific domains and have widely at local, national, and international venues.

• English

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 2003)

• Polysomnography (sleep study)