Ratings for Dr. Jason A. Petrofski

What a terrific surgeon and person. Empathetic. A great listener. Did a big surgery through tiny incisions. Thank God for him. Saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Couldn't recommend higher. Got world class care for colon cancer from Dr. Petrofski. He has a terrific bedside manner. He talked to my husband and I for over an hour before surgery in his office. He was kind and compassionate. Surgery was uneventful. Recovery the same. He is just a great person and physician. treated us like family.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Appointment lasted < 10 min. I learned name of procedure, the doctor made it sound quite basic. I later researched the procedure, it has a high rate of incidence for life long complications not explained to me. As much as 50% rate of incidence. I found alternative procedures with lesser degrees of success that Dr. Petrofski did not discuss with met. these alternatives had virtually no risk for complications, would certainly like to try these first. I called & requested a consult as the doctor never explained alternatives. The scheduler told me I needed to book an appt., the billing department told me it would be an office visit ~$25 - ~$180, price to be confirmed after appt. I asked why they couldn't give me a price now, she informed me it depends on which box the doctor checks after the visit. I asked if they could have the doctor call me, no phone calls. I've already been billed >$500 for the first 10 min visit. It's like a racket, give you 10 minutes here and there with partial info and if you need additional information, well, only the doctor can give that to you... and only if you schedule an appointment that costs between $25 and $180... even though he failed to give me this info during my first appointment. Unbelieveable. At 52 years old, I would think a procedure that may leave me in an adult diaper for the rest of my life would warrant a Doctor who can give me another 10 minutes to explain potential alternatives which he failed to do. So I personally would not even consider returning, which means I have to begin my search for curing my issue all over, which means additional costs. However, if this is the response I am getting now, should I expect something better if I continue to see him? Would you?

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr. Petrofski took care of my husband, who developed an advanced colon cancer at a young age. He completely removed my husband's tumor through a 3 inch incision. Just as importantly, Dr. Petrofski took a great deal of time to carefully explain every step of my husband's care. He is very kind and we consider him our angel.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Petrofski saved my life. He is kind, compassionate, and empathetic.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Petrofski is truly the best. He performed surgery on my father, and his compassion and concern were evident every step of the way. Office visits were never rushed, and he was always available for questions we had.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Jason A. Petrofski's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)