You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas A. Staner

Dr. Thomas A. Staner's Ratings

He never rounded after surgery. He didn't place a drain and I developed a hematoma which required more surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

I had a herinated disc, Dr Stanner paralized me because he didn't know what he was doing at the time. I was a young women. he knew this would happen to me because he said immediately when he saw me to try to tippy tow on my foot, I said I could not he said I would never be able to run again. He damanaged me and he knew this, I wish I was not afraid to sue him. I worked at the hospital. Now I know he did this to many of his patients, but it is too late now, I had surgery in 1999, I had the microdesktomy, lower lumbar on the left side, he also told me I would have to have surgery again because he lefted one hernia there. If you are already in my back why not take care of both hernia's ???????? I wish I never piced him. he ruined my life. I can't walk right and think about this experience every day, every night when, I can't even where regular shoes unless they have a shoe string............

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813874].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 21, 2015

Awesome experience. He knows what he's doing. Staff is exceptional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

To begin, I was seen in 2012. The staff is extremely professional, pleasant and helpful. If there was an issue with my health insurance, they handled it. Dr Staner evaluation was very thorough. I had cervical spinal stenosis and required surgery. Within a few weeks, I was back to doing things I couldn't do for years.
In Jan '15, I was seen by Dr Staner for Lower Lumbar Herniated Disk . Again, I was extremely happy with my experience with the staff and Dr Staner. The office of Dr Staner has set the bar of the highest standards and would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

After suffering with sever pain in my lower back and down my right leg for over 5 months while under another doctors care, my wife found Dr Staner and made me an apointment. A week later he saw me, diagnosed the problem, then performed the surgery that was needed, all in the same week. I walked out of the hospital on the same day of the surgery with all the pain in my leg gone. The only pain I had after the sugery was from where he had to operate on my lower spine. It has been four weeks now and I am now pain free. I made sure I followed his instructions to the tee. I was released today to full duty at work. No more light duty or restrictions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2365611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr Staner is a very experienced surgeon. He performed a discetomy on my lower back and did a fine job. I do still have some pain because of arthritis and scar tissue, but if i have to have a fushion in the future Dr Staner will be my man. Ive talked to at least two other people who have been operated on by Staner and they both had good things to say about him. He is also a Neurologist and not cut happy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][522377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Great confidence in the skill of Dr. Staner. Took great care to diagnose spinal problems in-depth before suggesting surgery. Deep pain alleviated immediately after procedure. Prescribed a slow positive pace for complete recovery. So far, so good. I have my life back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][522376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

After 30 years of my back going out for a week or more, it took a turn for the worse in June 2012. Pain would start in my hip and radiate down my right leg and foot. After shots, MRI's and CAT scans I arrived at Dr Staner's office in January 2013. He did his test and with inputs from above scheduled surgery 31 January. Surgery started around 8 that morning and by 4:30 I was dismissed from Brookwood and returned home. Three pain pills, four muscle relaxers and three weeks later I have very little pain (only after walking some distance). If you have trouble with L5/S1 and will do what the Dr. says this is your man. Thank you Dr Staner, you have made my year. Great professional staff also.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][522375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

Thank you Dr.Staner.He is a very knowledgable MD,and caring.He gets to the source of your pain.His staff was very courteous.I was pleased.I have been referred to Pain Management,and still may be facing surgery.If surgery IS the last resort,he will be my 1st choice to do my surgery.I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][522374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2011

I am very happy to report that I am pain free for the first time in years. I couldn't be more satisfied with the results of the surgery Dr. Staner performed on me. I highly recommend him to all my friends.Marsha Anders

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][522373].votes_count ]]