Ratings for Dr. John Day

Compassionate doctor, but in my view, not up to latest research unless it makes big pharma big money. He missed my low free testosterone levels for years, and I was prescribed medication that was causing shaking, and he wanted to give me some medication for parkinsons. More doctors need to seek out the root causes of issues, rather than using a band-aid solution that many pharmaceuticals are. The body has enormous potential to heal itself with the right supplements, and I'm not saying big pharma is bad. Unfortunately any doctor who doesn't toe the line is reprimanded. Such a shame. How can people sleep at night?

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

New to Dr. Day. I do not like the fact the we cannot get inot see him the day of if we are sick or my kids are sick. It takes days if not weeks to see him. They ask that you go to the clinic in the building. Honestly, If we have a family doctor, we should be able to see him when we need to see him that day...whats the point of having a family doctor if we always have to go to the clinic??? Other than that....he was friendly and knowledgeable, answered our questions and was ordered tests as needed. Thinking of changing doctors now only because a family doctor should see you the day you are sick...not send you to a clinic.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Amazing doctor! Had him as a family doctor for years and has always taken great care to listen to my questions and send me to specialists when needed. Always punctual and has a wonderful memory. Takes time out of his day to ask how you are and how your family is doing which creates a great doctor/patient relationship. Sad to leave Windsor and this wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

If you are having mental issues including weight gain, other physical problems with no apparent cause, you should ask your doctor for endocrine hormone level checked. Research that many doctors in Windsor do not seem to understand is that these hormones have a direct affect on the mind, and yes, even " schizophrenia" and "bipolar" can be caused by low testosterone. Not many doctors want to prescribe it because they mistakenly think it causes things like prostate cancer -- false. This is outdated and false information based on myth. You likely can stop taking your dreaded mental meds that often cause diabetes!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

He is the best doctor in town! He takes his time with you and answers all concerns. He will even answer questions I have about my sons when they aren't even with me! When he moved from Tecumseh to Windsor I got a new doctor that was closer and within 3 months I was back to him! Lucky to have him as my doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Day is one of the most caring and compassionate physicians I've ever dealt with. He takes the time to fully understand what you are experiencing, he explains in detail what his recommended approach is, and he never hesitates to refer you to a specialist to ensure you are getting the best care possible. He is very knowledgeable, and emphasizes the importance of preventative care rather than just fixing a problem once it arrives. He is a wonderful person, and Windsor is very fortunate to have him.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

The world would be a better world, if all Drs were like Dr Day. He is VERY caring and VERY knowledgeable. He always adress all of your concerns. He has saved my friend's life, when all the other Drs could not figure it out. Dr Day is awesome!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I was one of Dr Day's first patients when he started. I have been with him ever since. He is kind, and caring. He makes it a point to know your life, never rushes you out of the room. He makes you feel like he is a part of your family.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Absolutely AMAZING doctor. When I was in the hospital, he came to see me explained things and was patient. He's a great guy, and great bedside manner

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

After my family doc of 30+ years retired, I ended up with Dr. John Day. I can't say enough positive things about him. Knowledge to the n'th degree, caring doctor, personable, overall a very nice person. He has helped me get my diabetes and blood pressure under control, has had no hesitation to refer me to a specialist when he felt that it was best or when I asked for such. When I turned fifty he suggested that I have a colonoscopy. Turns out that I had a # of polyps that I had no idea were there. Did he ultimately save my life?? Again, I can't say enough positive about Dr. Day. The best!!! As for his staff, he probably could use one or two more but given the # of doctors in that medical centre they are doing a good job. The negative comments expressed back in '07-'08 I think were directed at one particular gal who worked in his operation. She is no longer there! Wonder why? Ahem!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010