Ratings for Dr. Della J. Fong

Dr. Fong always took her time with me during my pregnancy. She always took the time to listen to all my questions and answered, helping put all my concerns and fears during my first pregnancy at ease. She never left me feeling rushed. During my delivery she made me feel so calm and relaxed. I knew I was in good hands and I can't imagine going through another pregnancy with any other doctor. During follow-up appointments and annual appointments she has taken the time to sit with me and discuss whats going on with my daughter and it seems as though she genuinely cares to spend the time getting to know her patients. I followed her to her new practice even though it is farther from my home because I feel I will get the best care and treatment from her.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr Fong is a nice person but an alarmist who ordered unnecessary and unwarranted tests for me without my knowing exactly why. She scared a friend of mine who had a urinary tract infection which Dr Fong said could be bladder cancer. My friend subsequently went in tears to her general practitioner who treated her with antibiotics. Dr Fong also once failed to get an adequate pap sample from me, blamed my cervix and made me pay for a second exam and lab test. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr Fong rush through all my appointments with her as well, she spends maximum 5 minutes with me and then run away before u can ask her any further questions every single time and she exaggerates situation to add unnecessary stress. Also it happened a couple of times that she would leave the exam room with the door open when I was still partially undressed which is very rude and inconsiderate. I would not recommend her to anyone especially first time moms.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

She is really nice, but don't let that fool you. When I first got pregnant, she took a Ultrasound picture and commented my baby is so "photogenic". It sounds really sweet, but anyone with a logical brain knows that line is so fake. Almost like scripted. We warned her about my previous miscarriage. Due to her inexperience, she refused to inform us about incompetent cervix. If we were told to watch out for it and get a cerclage, we might had been able to save our baby. I lost the baby due to it when I later found out from a high risk MD. Please please please, do yourself a favor and find a better doctor. You don't want to risk your pregnancy.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

She is a wonderful doctor! She is caring and very helpful. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Problem pregnancy beware !!! I have to agree that Dr. Fong is very nice. Unfortunately, she is also incompetent. She is pretty young. She will do fine with your regular pregnancy stuff, but she won't be able to help you if you are high-risk pregnancy. We lost a baby because of her incompetency. You also have to rotate to see differnet doctor in her office each time. Dr. Morrison is wonderful and experienced. There is a new doctor Dr. Li. Anyway, stay away from her if you want a safe pregnancy, or someone to catch problems with your pregnancy. Her scheduler Ginette is terrible too, won't budge or accomodate your busy work schedule. It's either "her" way or the high way.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

i think she is very busy doctor. i do think she should spend more time with her patients. she delivered my baby and she was very good.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Fong rushed through all of my appointments with her. It was as though she couldn't spend more time with me because I wasn't one of her pregnant patients or had something obviously wrong with me. I switched doctors as soon as I could!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

she is a very caring and helpful dr, will spend as much time as you need to answer your questions. she delivered my baby and listened to every small concern and was wonderful in the delivery room and post pregnancy. dr. morrison in her office is also wonderful

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

She has a terrible bedside manner and is very abrupt.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

Dr. Della J. Fong's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

MAMSI