Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Ogesen

Dr.Ogesen saw my mother for the first time a few months ago and he made my.mom feel completely comfortable and cobfident about her new doctor although I was hesitant by the recipionist lack of personality and professionalism dr ogesen makes the expeeiemce ten times better.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I was hospitalized (psychiatric) several times as a teenager. I was diagnosed as being Manic-Depressive (I guess they call it Bi-Polar now) and having ADHD. I enlisted in the military after high school and stopped taking any medication I was on as a kid. Now I'm 37. Family members have spent years trying to convince me to see someone about going back on some sort of medication. I finally broke down, made an appointment, and went to visit Dr Ogesen. I waited 35 minutes only to sit down with him for a mere ten minutes. In that time he determined there was nothing wrong with me. He never even asked me anything really personal to scratch the surface, so to say. I asked how it could be possible for other doctors to spend years telling me I had issues a mile long. He said, "Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but my opinion is that you're perfectly fine." Bottom line is he refused to take me on as a patient and possibly help me. Rarely does a day go by where I don't consider killing myself, though I've never considered it a realistic option... But what if I did. What if it were someone else in there that walked out a pulled a trigger on themselves? My biggest problem is wondering how much longer it will take before I take a chance on seeing someone else. Either way, this man should have his medical license taken away. What a disgrace!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

His Phoenix receptionist, Katie was horribly rude. She hung up on me three times when I was inquiring about being a new patient. Then she would answer the phone without saying hello and hang up again. I was nicely inquiring about the doctors services and appointments and KATIE WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE. They obviously have enough patients or only accept patients that Katie the receptionist deems deserving. Horrible.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Ogesen was a very thorough and confident doctor. The doctor tries to understand what I am feeling and experiencing, physically and emotionally, and communicates that understanding to me, very empathetic. He is humane. The doctor is caring, compassionate, and kind. He is professionally personal, and keeps his distance in a healthy, respectable manner. The doctor is not interested in me more than just as a patient and I feel comfortable being a woman and ONLY his patient, he interacts with me, and remembers me as an individual. Dr. Ogesen is very forthright as the doctor tells me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner. The doctor is EXTREMELY respectful. The doctor takes my input seriously and works with me. Sometimes I do not see all sides, and he is very thorough."The doctor is conscientious and persistent." I have been his patient since 2001. I also had a nurse practitioner that is very highly regarded in AZ who speaks highly of him, thank you, Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

I saw Dr. Ogesen for about 7 years. He makes it quite clear that he is a Psychiatrist who is for med management only. If you are looking for talk therapy, try a PsychOLOGIST. I hear people complaining about his lack of talk therapy. He actually would spend 1/2 hour doing more talking with me than he had to. I don't know what II would have done without him. I had my own therapist for talk therapy.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

I saw Dr Ogesen because I wanted to be evaluated for medication that could help with my irritability on the job. He listened and discussed a couple of medications with me(benifits/possible side effects) and allowed me to partner in the decision. I did not go to him for talk therapy as I'm aware he is the pro for medications. I found him to be professional, caring and kind.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Ogesen, who treated me for insomnia. His office was difficult to reach; often no one picked up the phone when I called the office. But the worst thing was the way his office would unilaterally cancel and make me reschedule appointments at short notice. Eventually, he fired me as a patient after I made a complaint about his scheduling practices to my insurer. But before firing me, he spent about 15 or 20 minutes angrily berating me in his office for making a complaint to my insurer. It was the most unprofessional behavior by a doctor that I have ever seen! It was pretty scary too. Some doctors can handle authority, and some just can't.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I felt like there was next to no treatment from this doctor. I was prescribed medication and that's pretty much it. I came in monthly, he wrote a script and I was on my way. I received no help other than that, which is, as mentioned by the other comment, bare minimum.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

I felt that Dr. Ogesen offered me the bare minimum treatment, leaving me with the feeling that I was a number, and not a person. I do not recommend him for other patients, because I believe his treatment methods simply "bandage" patient's issues with medication, though nothing further. I was left feeling that Dr. Ogesen simply relied on the medications to do their jobs; therefore, I was left wondering the true validity to his professional knowledge, expertise, and integrity.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Dr. Robert B. Ogesen's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Prescott Valley, AZ