Ratings for Dr. M. Skolnick

Had a reoccurring skin condition that no other doctor could solve (I saw four previous to him over very painful years) . He saw me once and I assume since he has had several decades of experience; he knew exactly what I needed and I haven't needed to see him since (other than the follow up). I agree his office is something out of the 60's but if you can over look that and get the help you need, I think that is more important.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Skolnick for moles on my torso that appeared over a period of a couple years. His office reminded me of an old school physician's office I visited as a girl. It didn't bother me. His staff was polite. I did wait a long time but when I saw him he was respectful and knowledgeable--perhaps a little socially awkward; he did not ask me to remove my bra. He examined my moles, told me what kind they are, and reassured me that they were not dangerous and that sometimes they appear as we age. I was completely satisfied with my visit.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Gross! His lab coat was absolutely grubby and filthy... days and days of food spills all over it. He does not wash his hands. His office is an antiquated disaster. His diploma hanging in the wait area (which is full as he over over books) is from the early 60's and I don't think he has learned a new thing since. I went for a rosacea consult and asked about laser treatment and he looked as though he had never heard of it. Heading back to my GP for a referral to a real dermatologist. Not worth my time or gas. Don't go if you can avoid it.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

i cant believe this doctor is still alive,never minnd practicing-years ago i took my then 10 year old son(hes now 29) to see dr.skolnick-evry trip was a nightmare-everythong he gave him,made him worse-he and his office is dirty,dingy.he should be stripped of his dr.'s license.he gave my son some finger cots to wear and when we took them and tried to use one it fell apart.they were so old.i went and bought some myself -did my own reaserch for his problem and helped my son myself.my ex sister in law had a skin problem as well and she went to him once in the 70's and never went back.i tel people never to go to him.tell your family doctor to recommend someone out of town if you have to.he should be reported.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr Skolnick and his nurse have no respect for their patients. They always double and triple book, so even if you are the first patient of the day, you can expect to easily wait for more than an hour to see the doctor. This is especially troubling since he has a bad habit of not washing between patients. After being subjected to this abuse 3 times, I ask for a referral to another doctor. He agreed, and I witnessed him tell his nurse to get a referral for me. It has been over three months and i still haven't got my referral. Run away from this doctor and the Wilson Medical Clinic.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Skolnick is absoltely disgusting. I have had several appointments there and have felt very uncomfortable. For starters, his office is straight out of the 70's, very dirty none the less, his instruments that he uses are all rusted and in filthy packages. He does not wash his hands after patients and he touches skin for a living? Nasty, his bed side manners are horrible, always blamming the pt's when things go wrong and the office is not efficiently run. I had an appointment there recently and through the appt he was supposed to be checking my back and reached in the front, grabbing my breasts, spreading my cleavage and then telling me I need to take off my pants which I did not feel was necessary, I questioned that and was told he needs to see my whole body? And that he did not believe me when I told him I have no moles there, he needed proof. Felt very violated and upset, never returning there again.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

My daughter had mole, close to her hip bone, where slightly above pantie line, Dr. Skolnick, decided it was necessary to pull down her underwear, exposing her, at this point I felt that was unnecessary and told him so, and I pulled them back up, and he pulled them back down and exposed my daughter,again, after a quick examination of the mole, by this time I was furious, I pulled them back up again. The mole was clearly visible, there was no need to pull down her pants. He just continued to speak to me ignoring the fact that I was upset about his actions. I will never see this Doctor again.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

I agree with other posters that his manner and appearance are a bit odd BUT he examined my skin condition and prescribed medication which cleared it up......something my GP didn't do. I saw him at a clinic in Hamilton so didn't get to see the quaint office

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

Under no circumstances should anyone go to this man for medical help. The main reason - hygiene. The man's fingernails are long, yellow and black. Do you really want him touching your skin (in my case privates) considering he deals with skin infections all day, touches rashes without gloves and then doesn't wash his hands? It's disgusting. His hands are shaky, and there's just a very uncomfortable vibe with him unlike any other doctor who is generally very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009