Ratings for Dr. Fred Schultz

I have recently had my initial visit. We are waiting for test results. In my one appointment I feel more confident that with Dr Schultz I will find healing than I have felt with a multitude of doctors over the last six months. Even with insurance that I pay dearly for I have been left with thousands of dollars owing and no answers from traditional doctors and hospitals in my hometown. I drive 3.5 hours to see Dr Schultz and I would do it every week if I had to.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Schultz appears to be in this practice for the money. He heavily pushes his own supplements. He wanted me on 10 supplements a month that cost over $500 in his office. I felt pressured to buy them before leaving. All my labs were in normal range but he wanted to make them better. However, he never really diagnosed my problem. After two visits, I will not go back. I got much more personable care from other doctors that actually listen to my symptoms and don't have a money making agenda.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

While Dr. Schultz comes highly recommended and has impeccable credentials, the overall feel of the our treatment feels rather impersonal. It feels that they're more concerned with their protocol and making money more than actually helping the patients in more than a physical level. It was impossible to speak to Dr. Schultz in person at anytime after the actual visit and the staff was very impersonal and unhelpful in getting us the information we were requesting. They just say to come to the next appointment which is months away and they will not give any feedback or help in the meanwhile. I've never had such an impersonal experience with a doctor before. His knowledge and expertise is undeniable but he does seem to want to care for his patients more than the time inside his office.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

First off, I would not call him a general practitioner / family doctor. (Not sure what category he would fit into.) There is a wait of 3 to 4 months to see him. He is also very expensive. He has a very unique background and approach: tons of testing and a nutritional focus. Says hes expert at diagnosing and treating thyroid issues. If you can deal with the limited service, then I would recommend him. Personally, Im a new patient so I dont have any results to report. I recommend avoiding friendly talk with him: dont waste a second talking about anything but testing and treatment. (He is an interesting guy so its easy to do.)

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Good people skills and he is an excellent biochemist, but, you are on the clock and paying $5.00 a minute to talk to him so of course, he is willing to talk your ears off! no discussion of dietary habits or lifestyle. Supplements are off of the charts cost wise. this is a doc for the elite only and for people who can afford expensive out of pocket care.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

Dr.Schultz's price just went up from $240 an hour to $280. I know that he is a pretty decent physician but this seems like rape. People who are in desperate need of help cannot always afford to pay such exorbitant fees! He does kind of push supplements without talking about how your diet may be and probably is affecting your condition.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Dr. Schultz is an amazing physician. There are very, very few like him out there. He is great at figuring out health issues that other doctors are clueless about. After investigating and doing the proper testing he diagnosed me with 3 auto-immune diseases that other doctors had no idea I had. Now I’m treating these diseases properly and doing so much better. I’m finally healthy! I totally disagree with the previous reviewer who said that Dr. Schultz isn’t concerned with supplement ingredients or their side effects. He is extremely particular with what supplements he carries because he only wants his patients taking things with very “clean” labels that don’t contain junk fillers. Every time we talk about starting a new supplement we review all the ingredients and what effects they will have. Dr. Schultz is more than willing to help me find ways to save money on supplements because he knows that they can get pricey. Dr. Schultz is an incredible doctor and I thank God for him!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. Fred Schultz saved my life by completely improving the quality of my health. Properly diagnosing and treated for Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue along with proper nutritional supplements, has been a life improvement beyond my wildest dreams. I have lost nearly 25lbs as well. Dr. Fred Schultz takes the time to listen to my concerns and appreciates feedback that I share with him concerning my health. He has also helped me improve mine and my families (even our baby) immune systems with natural Probiotics and supplements to help reduce chances of colds, H1N1 flu virus (Swine), and digestive problems. I highly recommend Dr. Fred Schultz and the Center for Health and Healing to anyone who is either frustrated with their health and really wants to treat the root causes of your specific health conditions. www.drfredschultz.com

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

At first the amount I paid for an office visit and supplements seemed like a lot, until I thought about how much I have actually paid for prescriptions which only made me sicker, time spent with countless doctors which never helped and in many cases made me worse, and time and money spent researching and self-diagnosing to buy supplements at the store. I'm so glad I took a leap of faith. It's been less than 5 months and I feel so much better than I have in years, and that's with fibromyalgia! I recommend him without question. If you want to get well, here's the way.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

I was desperate to find a doctor who actually knows how to regulate a thyroid condition and Dr. Schultz is an expert. He is an expert in many other areas as well. He does a lot of extensive blood work and actually knows how to read the results. He has an extremely good understanding of the biochemistry of the human body and how everything ties together. He doesn’t just treat your symptoms. He gets to the bottom of why you’re having health problems so he can fix the root cause, which means that under his care you actually get healthier, not just medicated like so many other doctors. He is good at figuring out conditions that other doctors might never consider. The only downside of Dr. Schultz is that you have to file your insurance paperwork yourself. He does it as a cost savings measure though so in the long run it saves patients money. Lastly, he is almost always on time, and if he’s running late it’s 5 to 10 minutes max. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Fred Schultz's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1980)

Delta Dental