Ratings for Dr. David Widman

Waited over a month and he was rude and misdiagnosed me

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr. Widman has been my rheumatologist for the past 7 years. He is, by far, the best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Widman for almost 10 years. I absolutely love him and the staff. My work switched me to a new insurance that he did not take but I loved him so much I continued going and he always worked the payments out with me. He now takes my insurance. I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Before I moved, Dr.Widman was my rheumatalogist for near 15 years. I am a very serious case. He was wonderful in ALL ways. I find the negative comments way out of line with everything I know. He was always empathetic, went out of his way several times, prompt and efficient knew his area of expertise beyond reproach, and coordinated with other Dr.'s perfectly. His office help was always courteous and friendly. FIVE STARS+ from me. Dennis.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Typical 15 minute wait in waiting room. Dr. Widman was pleasant and listened to my complaints. We had good discussion about symptoms and possible causes. Very happy with first visit. He never mentioned his family or his own credits the entire time, that others patients complained about.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I WAS WRACKED WITH PAIN FROM MY HIPS TO MY SHOULDERS WHEN I FIRST VISITED DR. WIDMAN- HE DIAGNOSED MY CONDITION WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF MY APPEARING AT HIS OFFICE. HE GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION WHICH I HAD FILLED THE SAME DAY AND THE NEXT MORNING, EVERY BIT OF PAIN THAT I HAD, DISAPPEARED. HE IS ONE OF THE VERY BEST DOCTORS THAT I HAVE EVER MET. I FELT MORE LIKE I WAS VISITING WITH A GOOD FRIEND THAN A DOCTOR. I RECOMMEND HIM VERY HIGHLY AS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

I saw him two times waited a reasonable time in waiting room, staff seemed nice he seemed very knowledgable and caring.Sometimes the older docs after being in practice a while like talking about their family, I dont mind this as long as he listens to me and my current health concerns and he did.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I waited a month for an appointment only to be let down when I got there. He told me that my symptoms were unusual and made no sense.However, I have been told by 3 other doctors who told me I had classic lupus symptoms and need a rheumatologist's expertise to begin treatement. He seemed to be clueless. He asked me the same questions 3 or 4x's, forgetting what I had already answered(and the fact he already asked it! )What should have been an "easy appointment" for someone with his education, turned out to be a big waste of time. He doesn't even look at you when you are speaking. When you start to speak, he cuts you off and doesn't even listen to you, as if you are wasting his time. He also downplayed my severe pain. Now I have to wait another 2months to get an appointment with another rheumatolgist. I do NOT recommend him to anyone. My cat's veterinarian seems more knowledgeable and definitely more compassionate than Dr Widman.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Widman....is excellent. Treats me for Ra... but, also, sent me to thyroid Dr. when he thought I had a problem. He was right. As he is talking... he checks your body... hands, wrists, neck, ankles... everything for problems. This Dr... does not miss a beat. The BEST!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Widman for 15 years, since he initially diagnosed me with FM at the age of 17. I am a similar age to his children & most of my appointments were about 2 minutes of evaluation of my tender points & 10 minutes about their success in Ivy League schools. When I was younger with less pressing time constraints, I was not bothered by his staff's inefficiencies. However, I now find the professionalism of his staff EXTREMELY frustrating. His phone system is HORRIBLE and it is difficult to speak to a live person. After being forced to leave a message, they never call you back. 3 weeks ago, I called for a prescription refill and I still have NOT received it. After leaving multiple messages, his office staff finally contacted me 2 days ago to tell me he wanted to see me before refilling. Unfortunately, the medication is one that comes with side effects when it is abruptly discontinued. Neither Dr. Widman nor his staff care about this though. I would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. David Widman's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ