Dr. Mark R. Shaya
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(99)

"Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Ryan S. Trombly

FYI I think I may be the guy the comment just before mine mentioned that Dr. Trombly was talking to his nurse about. " guy he seen last week that could barely walk. " which is super funny. Anyways, I had a L5/S1 laminectomy because of excrutiating pain down my legs upon walking because of a disc herniation/stenosis/ostephytes impressing on nerves. I admit that my leg pain was completely absent even just awaking post op. Although, my back pain was worse than before surgery and was getting worse, my leg pain is slowly coming back, and I still have untreated stenosis/herniation/etc. in my neck. Overall, I assume he is a competent surgeon but every other aspect of my interaction with him was unsatisfactory. Without going into a lot of detail my complaints are that he is very cocky, seemingly uninterested in anything anyone other than him has to say, always talked over me and anyone else in the room, was not in anyway sympathetic, and on one occasion blatantly disrespectful towards my pain management doctor(who worked in the same hospital, has many more years of experience, is extremely nice, and very sympathetic). Overall, I fairly trust his ability as a surgeon. Although, my interactions with him pre and post-op were negative in many respects. I didn't feel that he considered any of my concerns or input, felt my pain control was underserved, given little instruction/information regarding recovery, and I felt he has some unorthodox opinions about pain perception or just a total lack of empathy. If you're just looking for a surgeon to do a routine procedure he may be fine but if you have any questions, desire to be treated with respect, and given a little empathy then I suggest you look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I was referred to this doctor by my primary. I have had chronic back pain for over 8 months. I had prior xrays and CT which showed degenerative disc disease, bulging discs and spinal stenosis at a moderate level. I waited over an hour in the exam room. His nurse does all the typing and takes all the symptoms prior to him coming in. He never looked at my CT or xray reports. His nurse did have the CT exam pulled up on the computer. He scanned through it for about 10 seconds. He kept saying my symptoms were vague. He went from saying back injections didn't work to go ahead and try one to getting surgery. He went so far as to having this conversation with his nurse about this guy he seen last week that could barely walk. I found him to be arrogant and self centered. He apparently only wants to see patients who exhibit a very animated pain level. He did order an MRI and more xrays but no one from his office ever called with results. I got the reports which only showed one new finding of a herniated disc. He did order physical therapy and prescribe some pain medicine. The pain has gotten worse at times and eventually I know I will need surgery but I would never let this guy operate on me.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Left town. Did surgery on me, gave me other issues with my leg and back pain, and now he's nowhere to be found.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr TROMBLY is genius in his field and has a reputation and also known as a Magician in the Operating room. Dr Trombly has saved my 33 year daughters life who is a young Mom. Angelas case was extremely comlicated and already had 7 brain surgies before GOD brought us to Dr. Trombly. My family and friends can not say enough about our Hero Dr Trombly. Re: his staff ... The best!!! A very special team, communication was key and we were never disappointed. Angela is now thriving in her beautiful life thanks to our Hero, and me as a Mom, will be forever great full to Dr Trombly and his blessed knowledge of the brain etc., as well as for restoring allllll of our special lives. GOD sent us a doctor that can perform miracles. PS. A wonderful sense of humor and bedside manor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

hOWEVER i HAVE HAD 16 SURGERIES IN THE PAST YEAR. 14 SHUNT SURGERIES GOING FROM VP TO LP SHUNTS. CHANGING VALVES OUT AND REVISING THEM. ONE OF THEM A BACK SURGERY THAT LED TO BEING INTUBATED AFTER SURGERY AND STAFF INFECTION. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 17 DAYS. I AM STILL HAVING SEVERE HEAD AND EYE PAIN. I WILL BE GOING BACK IN THE HOSPITAL THIS WEEKEND AND A NEW SURGEON WIOLL BE SEEING ME AS DOCTOR TROMBLY WILL NOT BE DOING ANY MORE SURGERIES BECAUSE HE IS MOVING TO ILLINOIS IN MAY. I HOPE FOR SOME RELIEF SOON.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Trombly has performed 5 surgeries on me this year alon in 2014 pertaining to lp and vp shunts and I am stil in severe pain in my head. I do not know what to do. He is very good at listening and calling me back. However, loves putting me in the hospital.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Great neurosurgeon. Only doctor I trust to operate on me. I would definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I met up with this Dr. Trombly with his staged ratings,... whom played into my insurance adjuster game, whom has previously had her license suspended, Dr Trombly played into this adjuster request attempting to arriange a spine sugery ASAP, of procedures i never heard of,and he did not even identify or describe, what areas of my spine these procedue would be done, that i never even heard about, from other sugens I had consulations with, Trombly also stated , beside the other areas of sugery he would do sugery if at the time of sugery, if he felt, he would use hardware, rods screws I SAID WHAT, Dr Trombly began to talk of my personal matters that had nothing to do with the appointment. and I knew it was a game of Dr Trombly and the insurance adjuster, attempting to BS me into this arrianged Sugery,ASASP i was always suspicious of Dr with staged high Rating and I got the truth,of Trombly in what a great Dr he really is

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I had back surgery by Dr Trombly in May of 2012. I think his bed side manner could certainly be improved although(being a Registerd Nurse myself) his disposition seems to be typical of most surgeons. The staff at U.M that I had the displeasure of dealing with bordered on incompetent for the most part,lacked interpersonal skills and were not at all a good representation of the kind of care that should be provided to patients in general much less patients who undergo major surgery. If I had to do it all over again I certainly would not make the same mistake.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

His staff needs a overhaul. Jennifer on his staff has no consideration or porfessionalism. I ran this office b/c if the staff acts this way then this would reflect the entire office.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Ryan S. Trombly's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)