Ratings for Dr. Joel Curtis

I treated with him for several years. When I first saw him, he was a better practitioner. He should have quit why he was still ahead. He's grown fat and lay and doesn't seem to care. It appears he's still practicing for the pay check, Joel, it's way overdue -- RETIRE -- before you SERIOUSLY hurt someone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Curtis for 3yrs. I have never had a more helpful and knowlegeable endo. doctor before. Dr. Curtis has helped me to lose 55 lbs. to date and has my diabieties completly under control. Thank You Dr. Curtis and God bless.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

I had a similar experience to the one described by the unsatisfied patient. Dr. Curtis uses old standards to evaluate lab results and is not up to date on treatments. He did not listen to my symptoms, and dismissed my previous diagnosis, which was made by a well-respected endocrinologist and confirmed by multiple tests. He told me over the phone that my lab results were fine and took me off my Tapazole. After receiving a hard copy of my labs I discovered that my cholesterol was higher than it's ever been (it's hereditary, but he didn't believe me when I told him that at my appointment), my thyroid levels absolutely were not fine and did not warrant being taken off my meds (confirmed by my old specialist in Denver and my new one in NYC), and my Vitamin D levels were incredibly low. I will never go back to him, nor would I recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr. Curtis is friendly and helpful. Made a personal call to me after blood tests, while in the office I spoke with other patients that said he was a "God Send" as they finally were able to manage their disease. Dr. Curtis arranged for a near immediate sonogram of my thyroid. I look forward to more meetings with Dr.Curtis.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

I brought a printout of my symptoms to my appointment. Dr. Curtis refused to discuss them on three separate occasions (the initial interview in his office, after the physical exam, and on the phone discussing the blood test results). When queried about the relationship between TSH, T4, and T3 levels, his response was "It's complicated." When the blood test results came back, he confirmed the diagnosis I had clearly told him I had received 12 years ago, and said all others were within range. Two weeks later, I requested a hard copy. When I received the hard copy, I learned that my total cholesterol was 368, and my blood glucose level was 57.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr. Joel Curtis's Credentials

• Chicago Homeopathic Medical College (Grad. 1958)