Ratings for Dr. Richard P. Abramson

We had our son treated at the new Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando. While we were concerned with some of the reviews we read on this site, I am pleased to report that none of the negative reviews were relevant to our case. Dr. Abramson was extremely patient with our questions and very clear and thorough in his description of the procedure. Even after leaving the operating room I walked out with confidence and that Dr. Abramson cared for the well-being of our son and a positive outcome. Additionally, I think there is something to be said about the climate and expectation of a hospital. In our case, I felt that Nemours isn't a 'hurry up and get them out' kind of hospital and have to believe this helps a doctor's performance. We were very pleased with Dr. Abramson and I have no hesitations recommending him.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

dr. abramson is a godsend, he is so wonderful and caring. i felt very confident that he was the best. my son was diagnosed with severe hydronephrosis and now he is all well. I would strongly recommend him!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO HIM!!! I just got home from the hospital with my son (circumcision, penile torsion). I can not believe how RUDE this man was. Before the operation he was short with us. I figured okay, no big deal. After the surgury he came to speak with us and said, I will give you my speech and then let you ask questions. When we began to ask questions, he cut us off and said "this is not necessary", the surgury went well, blah blah blah. I'm sorry but you just performed surgury on my 6 MONTH OLD son. I'm concerned about many aspects of his post op care. I believe that I am entitled to ask as many questions so that I feel comfortable. My mother and girlfriend were present and were in complete disbelief on his lack of bedside manners (manners in general).

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

He is a great pediatric doctor. We had a very positive experience with my sons surgery. He and his staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

I think this doctor is fabulous. He worked with my child for a few years, and literally changed her life for the better. I don't know where we would be today without him. I can't believe the comments I read before mine. My family saw this doctor very regularly over the course of a few years and had only positive things to say, and only positive results. We are very grateful to Dr. Abramson for all he did.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. attempted to forcibly retract my uncircumsized son's foreskin. Responded to my questions by telling me to "Google it." I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

rule staff and doctor....operation done wrong on grandson penis..pls. don't take your child to him

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

This was the worst doctor we've seen! For pediatrics - he made an incorrect "diagnosis" which he is not qualified to make (not urology) and missed a major problem with my child which WAS his specialty! This man should lose his license!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr. Richard P. Abramson's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1986)