Ratings for Dr. Robert Tambay

I was referred by my family doctor and after waiting several months, I received a letter from DR. Tambay's office advising me that my appointment was scheduled for several more months away. The letter also mentioned that this would be a consultation only and no testing would be done. It also advised that there wold be a $100.00 fee for missed appointments. I attended the office on the date and time scheduled only to be told that my appointment had been scheduled for earlier that morning and the doctor was now gone for the day. The receptionist showed me her computer indicating that my appointment was for 10:15am that day. I then produced the letter they had sent me indicating that the appointment was for 2:15pm. She then said that someone must have contacted me to change that time. No one from that office ever called me. She then re-scheduled my appointment for the following Tuesday at 11:15am. On that date, I arrived at 11:00am and was told to have a seat and the doctor would see me soon. At 12 noon I asked the receptionist if the delay would be much lo0nger to which she replied that I was next. At 12:20 pm I again asked the receptionist what was taking so long. She replied that Dr. Tambay was doing a procedure and would be tied up for another 30 to 40 minutes. I left the office and will never return.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Worst gastro ever! I waited several months to receive an appointment, to only be in his office for 2 minutes. He has no people skills. I sat in his office and without asking me anything he said okay so we will give you a colonoscopy without telling me anything about it. I have now cancelled all further appointments with him. He is not worth your time. Go find another doctor who actually cares for their patients!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Staff ok, punctuality ok, helpfulness? Not ok! Waited months to see him and after a few minutes was standing up and getting me out the door. Told me I need a procedure done that I need to be sedated and the name of it and that is it. No side effects, no possible risks were disucssed. Realized when booking the procedure he hadn't told me anything about risks so I had to ask a receptionist and she said "well, like everything there are risks." Not exactly a reassuring response but I don't expect she be the one the tell me. Gave me bloodwork and no timeline for when to do it. I feel so lost. Just asked a bunch of questions then bam "here is what we will do, have a nice day". Don't feel comfortable at all, feeling like I can't go with the procedure until I get a proper consult (I'm worried since this is the first time I will be sedated), either another one with him where he explains things as they should be, or switch gastros entirely. In short: I went in and went out without knowing what hit me.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

worst gastro ever. after seeing others in hospital and private clinic it was proven to me this guy is horrible. doesn't listen, doesn't return phone calls, leaves you in pain without an answer. I'm willing to bet all 5 stars on here are made up by him, his friends or his staff. no one in their right mind would ever go back to this guy. no hospital should ever refer to this guy. do yourself a favour, just go to someone else, for your own good.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I did several colonoscopies with Tambay that went well. In January 2012, the preparation (Pico Salax) did not go well. It dried my small intestine that would not neutralize bill salt, gastric acids, so my lower colon was severely damaged. I told 3 times what happened but he never listened I sure he head. At the end he wanted to put me on steroids. The procedure was ridiculous ( having to go to Gatineau for test) and his attitude, not facing the problem, was unprofessional. I never whet back never, ditched his steroids requisition. I would not recommend him to any one.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

This was my 3rd colonoscopy. They missed the vein for the IV and only got it after 2 other nurses tried. They give sedation not pain meds and Dr Tambay was so quick and forceful I yelled out in pain during the procedure. I'll switch to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I am totally agreed with previous person's opinion

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Worst people skills , guy is an immature dolt , who panics if blood pressure drops , zero compassion ,zero basic human decency ,don't waste your time with this idiot

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Overall my whole experience at the Star Endoscopy Clinic was excellent. From the front desk receptionist, nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr. Tambay it went very smoothly for my first colonoscopy. I was a little nervous about the whole experience however it was great that I did not have to wait, in fact they took me earlier. All my questions were answered before the procedure & I think it helped that the patient before came back and was funny in his comments due to the medication, so that had me laughing & relaxed before going in . Once in the room as soon as I was given the meds, I do not remember the procedure which is great. All in all a great crew. Results were given by Dr Tambay in words that I could understand although I was medicated, which was great. Also I am glad that they had my driver (my mother) come in the room which I did not request as I was not too alert. I told him that I look forward to my next one in 2 years. Very efficient job done by Dr Tambay and his team. (October 6th)

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Waited over 9months in daily pain for a colonoscopy consultation and was in then out in 5 minutes. No questions or exam other than asking if I get heartburn( I was seeing him for bowel trouble) said no colonoscopy needed cause I'm not 40 yet ...even though I have a family history of crohns and polyps. When I asked about my bowel problems he said to just take Probiotics. I already do that. Whatever. Not impressed at all, will be going elsewhere for a proper exam.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016