Ratings for Dr. Robert Tambay

Dr. Tambay is indignant, pushy and all together unhelpful. After waiting four months for an appointment. He spends two minutes asking basic questions with an apprehensive look at every answer I gave him. He gave me a prescription sent me on my way for a follow up in another four months. Upon returning, he began passive aggressively telling me my changes were not possible and I had to remind him of facts he forgot. Which is no surprise since I felt like he wanted me out of his office the moment I walked in. Even if this guy is an MD I have no confidence in his ability to properly assess your GI issues. Overall the clinic had a lot of unhappy customers in the waiting room as well. Get another referral!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr Tambay was very pleasant and listened to me explaining my symptoms with attentiveness and uninterruption. After putting me on a newly available medication that unfortunately had no effect on my IBS-D symptons after 6 weeks, he referred me to another Dr for a colonoscopy.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I was referred by my family doctor and after waiting several months, I received a letter from DR. Tambay's office advising me that my appointment was scheduled for several more months away. The letter also mentioned that this would be a consultation only and no testing would be done. It also advised that there wold be a $100.00 fee for missed appointments. I attended the office on the date and time scheduled only to be told that my appointment had been scheduled for earlier that morning and the doctor was now gone for the day. The receptionist showed me her computer indicating that my appointment was for 10:15am that day. I then produced the letter they had sent me indicating that the appointment was for 2:15pm. She then said that someone must have contacted me to change that time. No one from that office ever called me. She then re-scheduled my appointment for the following Tuesday at 11:15am. On that date, I arrived at 11:00am and was told to have a seat and the doctor would see me soon. At 12 noon I asked the receptionist if the delay would be much lo0nger to which she replied that I was next. At 12:20 pm I again asked the receptionist what was taking so long. She replied that Dr. Tambay was doing a procedure and would be tied up for another 30 to 40 minutes. I left the office and will never return.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Worst gastro ever! I waited several months to receive an appointment, to only be in his office for 2 minutes. He has no people skills. I sat in his office and without asking me anything he said okay so we will give you a colonoscopy without telling me anything about it. I have now cancelled all further appointments with him. He is not worth your time. Go find another doctor who actually cares for their patients!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Staff ok, punctuality ok, helpfulness? Not ok! Waited months to see him and after a few minutes was standing up and getting me out the door. Told me I need a procedure done that I need to be sedated and the name of it and that is it. No side effects, no possible risks were disucssed. Realized when booking the procedure he hadn't told me anything about risks so I had to ask a receptionist and she said "well, like everything there are risks." Not exactly a reassuring response but I don't expect she be the one the tell me. Gave me bloodwork and no timeline for when to do it. I feel so lost. Just asked a bunch of questions then bam "here is what we will do, have a nice day". Don't feel comfortable at all, feeling like I can't go with the procedure until I get a proper consult (I'm worried since this is the first time I will be sedated), either another one with him where he explains things as they should be, or switch gastros entirely. In short: I went in and went out without knowing what hit me.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

worst gastro ever. after seeing others in hospital and private clinic it was proven to me this guy is horrible. doesn't listen, doesn't return phone calls, leaves you in pain without an answer. I'm willing to bet all 5 stars on here are made up by him, his friends or his staff. no one in their right mind would ever go back to this guy. no hospital should ever refer to this guy. do yourself a favour, just go to someone else, for your own good.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I did several colonoscopies with Tambay that went well. In January 2012, the preparation (Pico Salax) did not go well. It dried my small intestine that would not neutralize bill salt, gastric acids, so my lower colon was severely damaged. I told 3 times what happened but he never listened I sure he head. At the end he wanted to put me on steroids. The procedure was ridiculous ( having to go to Gatineau for test) and his attitude, not facing the problem, was unprofessional. I never whet back never, ditched his steroids requisition. I would not recommend him to any one.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

This was my 3rd colonoscopy. They missed the vein for the IV and only got it after 2 other nurses tried. They give sedation not pain meds and Dr Tambay was so quick and forceful I yelled out in pain during the procedure. I'll switch to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I am totally agreed with previous person's opinion

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Worst people skills , guy is an immature dolt , who panics if blood pressure drops , zero compassion ,zero basic human decency ,don't waste your time with this idiot

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017