Ratings for Dr. Robert Tambay

Where is your new address former patient james Harris ( jgourmet@rogers.com )

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

very prompt,modern and efficient service....the staff created a relaxed and professional environment. .

Submitted January 28, 2018

I’ve not had a problem with Dr Tambay iver the past 10 years, with annual colonoscopies. He does not have a good bedside manner but I found he improved personally over the years and I have never doubted his knowledge. I was sheduled for a colonoscopy in February, but was telephoned to let me know thatbthe date and venue would change.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

I am so happy they have closed shop. Last time I went for a colonoscopy I was hooked up at 11:45 a.m. (my appointment time) and did not see a doctor or have colonoscopy until 1:30 p.m. When the doctor came in before I went in for the test I asked him if he had a good lunch. He said he only took 10 minutes. I had to remind him that no patient was wheeled into the only recovery room for more than an hour. When test was over, I was given basic information. When I asked my first question he answered and turned to leave the room. I stopped him and managed another question. What elitist arrogance!! My account sounds errily similar to comments below.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2017

Booked my appointment for 01 Nov 2017 got to the door, the place was empty. On 23 Dec 2017, received notice for my new appointment for 26 Jan 18 now located on St Laurent Blvd. I called and cancelled the appointment. No way I will deal with them.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

The Star Endoscopy clinic is closed permanently since late Sept 2017. I found out today, Nov 27, 2017, when I arrived for my colonoscopy appointment that was booked back in June and found the door closed and locked and dark. Nobody had called or e-mailed and the sign said his clients (not patients really) were being dealt with by OGI, whoever or whatever that is. Not well pleased. On reading the other comments below, I find I have to agree with the brusque and unhelpful 'consultation' that lasted all of 5 minutes. He was happy I had arrived early because as I was the last it meant he could leave early (for the golf course?) :-(

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Tambay is indignant, pushy and all together unhelpful. After waiting four months for an appointment. He spends two minutes asking basic questions with an apprehensive look at every answer I gave him. He gave me a prescription sent me on my way for a follow up in another four months. Upon returning, he began passive aggressively telling me my changes were not possible and I had to remind him of facts he forgot. Which is no surprise since I felt like he wanted me out of his office the moment I walked in. Even if this guy is an MD I have no confidence in his ability to properly assess your GI issues. Overall the clinic had a lot of unhappy customers in the waiting room as well. Get another referral!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr Tambay was very pleasant and listened to me explaining my symptoms with attentiveness and uninterruption. After putting me on a newly available medication that unfortunately had no effect on my IBS-D symptons after 6 weeks, he referred me to another Dr for a colonoscopy.

Submitted September 5, 2017

I was referred by my family doctor and after waiting several months, I received a letter from DR. Tambay's office advising me that my appointment was scheduled for several more months away. The letter also mentioned that this would be a consultation only and no testing would be done. It also advised that there wold be a $100.00 fee for missed appointments. I attended the office on the date and time scheduled only to be told that my appointment had been scheduled for earlier that morning and the doctor was now gone for the day. The receptionist showed me her computer indicating that my appointment was for 10:15am that day. I then produced the letter they had sent me indicating that the appointment was for 2:15pm. She then said that someone must have contacted me to change that time. No one from that office ever called me. She then re-scheduled my appointment for the following Tuesday at 11:15am. On that date, I arrived at 11:00am and was told to have a seat and the doctor would see me soon. At 12 noon I asked the receptionist if the delay would be much lo0nger to which she replied that I was next. At 12:20 pm I again asked the receptionist what was taking so long. She replied that Dr. Tambay was doing a procedure and would be tied up for another 30 to 40 minutes. I left the office and will never return.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Worst gastro ever! I waited several months to receive an appointment, to only be in his office for 2 minutes. He has no people skills. I sat in his office and without asking me anything he said okay so we will give you a colonoscopy without telling me anything about it. I have now cancelled all further appointments with him. He is not worth your time. Go find another doctor who actually cares for their patients!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017