Ratings for Dr. Gary P. Cram

I am still under the care of Doctor Gary Cram. I am a 59-year-old women who has never had to have a necessary surgery. I am from California and moved to NC 2 years ago, so I did not know any Doctors here. It started with consistent headaches, which I never got before! After 4 MRI’s they found that I had 4 discs’ that were damaged and I would have to have surgery. Dr. Cram went over the MRIs with me and started to leave but he saw tears in my eyes and stopped and shut the door, compassionately, answered all my fears. I went for a second opinion which agreed with Dr. Cram’s diagnosis. The day of the surgery, Dr. Cram’s bedside manner was incredible. He again asked if I had questions, which I did not, I was at peace. The surgery was 4 hours due to the damage in my spinal cord. I spent one day in the hospital (Moses Cone) and what I found was that all the nurses loved him, even gave him a cute nick-name. It is now going into almost three months and I am still healing. With every visit, Dr. Cram spends time with me answering all my questions. This is a busy office but it run like a well-oiled machine. His assistant Nicole is loving and kind, also willing to spend time answering questions. Rebecca is amazing; she always gets back to me with a phone call when I need anything. All my paperwork was filed quickly and correctly. I would recommend highly this office and personally Dr. Gary Cram 100%.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I went for neck surgery 4 years ago and my neck still feels great so when I had a buldging disc in my low back I went back to Dr Cam and I had to have surgery again. today I am pain free and if I need anything else he will be my first choice! I would recommend him to anyone that needs surgery he is a great listener and he will take as much time as you need and explain everything very well!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I am an RN who has had degenerative disk and joint disease. I had back pain and sciatic pain down my left leg for a long time. It got where I could barely get up from sitting when I got home from work. I had 3 surgeries in 5 months by Dr. Cram, a cervical fusion needed to be done before my lumbar-sacral spine could be fused. I also had carpul tunnel surgery on my right hand. I am 100% satisfied with the outcome of all 3 surgeries. I was only given a 50% chance by another neurosurgeon that the surgery would help my back pain, that it would be an all day surgery and that I would probably could not be a nurse anymore. Dr. Cram gave me better odds. He did the back surgery in 3.5 hours. I am in no pain now unless I do not overdo it and rest alleviates it. I am still working as an RN. The scars are barely noticeable. He did a very good job and I would recommend him highly to anyone. He is very knowledgable, easy to talk to and an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

I am a Registered Nurse with 28yrs experience in the area of Behavorial Medicine.I sustained an injury to my lower back(3 ruptured disc) while assisting to restrain and medicate a psychotic patient.The pain was excruciating.I was referred to Dr.Cram through my workers compensation plan.He performed surgery(microdiscectomy) on my lower back in Aug.2007.and again in April,2008.While one has to understand that there are no guarantees with any surgical procedures,Dr.Cram's surgical skills have alleviated my pain to a tolerable level,with medication.He is very compassionate and caring.I feel that he is dedicated to do what he can with his GOD given talent to relive pain and suffering among his patients.He has never appeared to be rushed,pressured,or stressed.He spends time with me,listens and explains the risk vs the benefits of his treatment plans.He has given me hope that I can and will return to be a productive nurse,and resume the profession which I sorely miss and love.He has performe

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Gary P. Cram's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1994)

Healthnet