Ratings for Dr. Max G. Garoutte

My elderly mother was on a heavy dosage of blood pressure medication we knew it was too much because she slept all of the time. After a full evaluation he determined she was not in need of that dosage and corrected it. She's so much better thanks to Dr. Garoutte! He looks all all factors such as age, etc. great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Garoutte was very thorough, all reports reviewed before consultation. Wonderful staff, very organized.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Excellent staff, knowledgeable, and extremely thorough.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

He is the nicest doctor. Doesn't rush into surgery.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

was not told he only takes cash, no checks, for office visit until I showed up! good thing I had some cash on me. first time I have ever been told that at a doctors office. staff sure likes to "hard sell" his tests. I always take my time to think things over - don't rush me.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Garoutte was very professional and helpful and I found him really easy to talk to. He was patient with my list of questions and I have recommended him to friends and they have had the same positive experience with him as well. He seems not just like a good doctor but a good guy.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

When I needed just 5 mins of time with doctor after seeing 5 mins ago just to clarify a point I cannot get his time. Same way when the situation is dire and went through the lab work I cannot get 5 mins to talk to him and he comes after 2 weeks of vacation to talk about the results. Later time I got to see him after 2 weeks I need to wait exactly an hour to see him. It might be that this doctor didn't work for me or all specialist doctors are like this.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I was recommended to Dr. Garoutte by my Primary care doctor who is a partner of his. I saw his a couple of times and was told that I should have a heart cath. I postponed because I was going out of town. Once I was ready to schedule, ran into major scheduling problems. I eventually dscovered that his staff does not like to schedule afternoon appointments. So I have been going round and round with them. As a result, they became condescending in ther speech and was told to go back to my primary and see what he wants me to do. Only when I informed them that I was going to speak to him one way r another and if not to the bord did they attempt to set an appointment for me. I took it so I could speak to Dr Garoutte face to face. If I am not convinced that I'm in good hands I will be going somewhere else. These young women who come from technical schools abuse their power. Life is not along enough to let unconcerned people play with it.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I was referred to Dr Garoutte by Dr Oscar Seda. I had a mechanical valve implanted where my aorta valve use to be. I had lingering pain after my surgery and my previous Doctors did not want to address the pain. I ended up finding Dr Seda MD as my Primary Care Dr. he recommended I see Dr Garoutte. Dr Garoutte takes his time when I see him. He told me that my situation was more delicate then I was lead to believe by my past doctors. I guess they did not tell me the full facts because they did not want me to complain. Dr Garoutte has helped me get past the pain and his office staff including technicians have run testing that found I also have issues with my Carotid Artery(S). Now I understand why I get dizzy so easily and also I can not see some of these times because a black cloud covers my eyes at the same time. I would think that when I needed an emergency valve replacement in my heart that the Dr's involved would test my veins and arteries to insure the valve was the only issue.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I needed cataract surgery so I had to ok'd by a cardiologist. I underwent testing. He said that due to the stress test I would have to have a heart cath. I did and it showed no problems (10-20% blockage). I ended up with a hernia as a result. My question: was the heart cath really necessary or was I helping to pay for a new car? I now have to find a general surgeon to fix the hernia. What next? Staff was ok.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

Dr. Max G. Garoutte's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)