Ratings for Dr. William H. Johnson

Seems very knowledgeable - professional, good beside manner. Would recommend to others

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

I was worried when I first saw his photo online. He looks like he's 25! When I met him for the pre-consult, he seemed very intelligent and was very informative about what to expect. My wife was still nervous. (He looks so young.) The day of the surgery, the Emory hospital staff RAVED about him. "He looks young, but don't be nervous, he's the absolute best surgeon here. We all love him." Sure enough, I was rolled down to surgery EARLIER than scheduled. He has already done several before me. The staff again confirmed that he is just that good, very organized, very professional, very serious about his craft. His bedside manners were excellent. His status updates to my wife were immediate and reassuring. His follow-up visits were excellent. I would DEMAND Dr. Johnson for future surgeries. This is what a professional doctor is supposed to be like.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Very competent. Answered questions thoroughly. Very happy with outcome.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Johnson looks like a Movie Star and has excellent bedside manner. He did an amazing job on my lapband surgery although I havent lost all the weight I would have wanted to. (65 lbs.. 18 months). His staff is amazing .. except for the Dietician.. She is very condescending! Not nice at all. BUT other than that this has been an amazing experience!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

EXCELLENT surgeon! FANTASTIC for folks wanting gastric bypass or lap band surgery!!! He is serious about these sugeries, and his group has a great mapped out plan for you to follow.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

I recently had emergency surgery with Dr. Johnson and was very pleased. He was very thorough in explaining to me the procedure and approximate recovery times, which was hard to pinpoint since it was emergency and the full extent of the surgery was unknown. He was wonderful with following-up during my hospital stay. My nurses in the hospital said that they believed he is one of the very best -- and I believe it!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. William H. Johnson's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Providence