Ratings for Dr. John E. Lankenau

October 11th, 2017 He shouldn't be in practice as far as I am concerned. He performed surgery on my back in 2012 when he was still practicing in Colorado. The plan was to go in & remove old hardware from a fusion of L-4 & L5. When I awoke from this surgery I was numb from my hips to my toes. He gave me the name of my condition as Cauda Equina Syndrome. I have seen two other surgeons since that time & have been told the nerve damage was done during surgery it isn't Cauda Equina. I still have some major pelvic problems with my bowels & my lt. leg continues to be numb & tingling. Because of the nerve damage I continue to have more things appear that I will be disabled the rest of my life! I hope that if you are under his care will read this & seek another provider.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I wish I had read all these reviews. I had SI joint fusion done with Dr. Hartley and Dr. Lankenau. WHAT A DISASTER! The surgery did not take and now I have MORE WRONG WITH ME THAN BEFORE SURGERY! Please do not see these people! I do not know ow they can call themselves doctors.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Had so much pain I couldn't even stand. Had spinal stenosis which they took care of with real professionalism. I now have no pain with one day only in the hospital.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Stay away from these guys they messed up my lower back & now thanks to them my lower spine had to get all re-done again the doctors don't check with none of your other specialist especially if you have had a strong medical back round of staph infections he refused to call my disease infection specialist in Redmond Oregon & thanks to Dr. Lankenau from his neglect I came down with staph MRSA I had to be flown back to Redmond Oregon for medical treatment STAY AWAY FROM THOSE CRACKER JACK UNIVERSITY QUAKS

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Went to see this Dr for a serious spinal metastasis only considered one option, offered no support, no refferal and no options to consider, completely wrote us off without so much as a simple explanation. I do not recommend him for such a serious condition.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Had one unsuccessful surgery by Lankenau and after 6 months of pain he scheduled another surgery, we always left office as if though the only solution was surgery. Went to a different ortho surgeon and neurologist and found out exactly the problem which was not even addressed by Lankenau. He never took the time to really listen and never did any test .. His definitely surgery happy without doing his homework .. So dissapointed . Always get second opinion !!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I only wish he would have listened to me. I kept bringing up another health issue because I was concerned about how one would effect the other. 2nd appt. still no listening and there is a surgery date. Pre-op appt. with his P.A., she did listen.....bada bing, surgery is cancelled, and rightfully so. So at this point I am unable to comment on his surgical skills. As of now I have a new specialist for the other problem. :)

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

My parents and I had a good experience with Dr. Lankenau. Unlike the other complaints listed here, we found him to be cordial, humorous, informed, well-educated and trained in the area of our concern. He spent as much time with us as needed to answer all of our questions. He called in his partner, Dr. Hartley, as well, to consult with us. Dr. Lankenau wrote up the surgery details and called my dad's cardiologist while we were there to inform him of the need for my dad's medical procedure. Together they planned out a pre-surgery routine for my dad. We have no complaints.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

A typical appointment with Dr. Lankenau lasts about 30-seconds to one-minute. He seems frustrated if you ask questions that might cause him to spend more than a minute with you unless it will result in a surgery, which my issue eventually did. I don't know that my surgery actually helped with anything or was very necessary, although I've also got some arthritis at play that would still cause pain. His staff scheduled me with an anesthesiologist that was not part of my plan, so every so often I get a letter suggesting that I will have to pay about $4k for this, even though I only dealt with Dr Lankenau. Hopefully that will just go away eventually, because I did nothing wrong. His personality is kind of cold, and for that reason I would not recommend him. He is a surgeon doing work on your spine, and that is scary for the patient. He does not seem to care about that, or he has an inability to fake caring about these big decisions.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr.Lankenau was recommended to me by my physician. I had some S.I. Joint issues, although going to a P.T. which helped greatly. I asked Dr. Lankenau about a new treatment using plasma from your own body, which they are using on knees. He shruged it off as quack science and offered a cortisone shot. I could have gone to any specialist and got the same answer. Just another clincal M.D.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. John E. Lankenau's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Lake Havasu City, AZ