Ratings for Dr. Ashok R. Salvi

I have nothing bad to say about Dr Salvi. I have been going to him for 10 years. He listen shows concern. His staff is awesome. The person that was describing him was not him it is the other dr at the practice. I tell people to go to him all the time. My daughter is seeing him to we both love him

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr. Ashok Salvi is, by far, the worst doctor I have ever been to. I have been to many doctors and have put up with a lot, but I have never been to such a rude and snobby doctor. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. He works at a pain management clinic, so you would think he would have a little sympathy for people in pain, but he doesn't. First off, I was waiting a solid 45 minutes in the exam room. Let me also say that I am the least confontational person, I don't raise my voice ever and I do take time to listen without interrupting, now, with that said, he actually ssh'd me and told me to wait my turn to ask questions (when he had paused, and it was the first question I asked). I was stunned, like a dear in headlights when he did that, I didn't even know how to respond (so I didn't ), what professional adult sush's another adult? - I didn't know the name of the doctor who oversees a Nurse Practioner I go to and he told me, and I'm quoting word for word, "you should know that, you are an adult, you should know that." Then proceeded to tell me what was going to happen without discussion, telling me what the next step was for me, which was injections, without explaining why or where and giving me no other options (his way or no way). He told it to me like it was his decision and I had no choice. I have had injections a couple times before (with another doctor) without success and one time it was very tramatic for me and actually made my pain worse. Dr. Salvi didn't care about my concerns or my history, and when it did come time for me to ask my questions he didn't give me straight answers and raised his voice with me and lectured me. I felt emotionally defeated when I left, I just sobbed in the car. Why is he still a doctor? I was referred to his clinic through my doctor, and now I'm looking for a new doctor. I even have stellar insurance through my company I work for, so afterward I was wondering how I ended up with such a crappy doctor. - not that it matters, but all the other doctors were friendly and wearing lab coats, but Dr. Salvi was wearing black dress pants and a shiny buttoned up shirt, and bling, lots of rings on his fingers. He comes across as someone who likes people to think he has money... he could take a lesson in humility. I will never be going back, he should not be in practice. I have read other reviews today that say people went to him and he told them there was nothing he could do, and he is at a PAIN MANAGEMENT clinic! For some people, this is a last resort. He gives no hope, just stress. I hope I save a couple people from going to him, and not make the same mistake I did. Worst doctor ever!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Salvi. Beware!The term is bait and switch. They told me I would have one appointment- therefore one fee- for a doctor visit/procedure for a shot in my lower back and upper back. Once there and getting my shot after the anesthetic, the doctor changed it to two visits, saying"I never give both procedures in one sitting" prompting two bills. As a patient in pain I was without power in the negotiation and had to schedule the second appointment for the second set of back shots totally under the impression it would be included in the first bill as the scheduler had told me when originally scheduling me she was "confident" he could do both in the first appointment and even asked for confirmation, then re-assured me it could all be done in one visit while the doctor had no intention of doing so. The doubling of the bill is not what I was told twice on the phone. The lying and the double billing us totally unethical.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Salvi recently started overseeing my chronic pain management. I have only had good experiences with Dr. Salvi, and his staff. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

I've had nothing but great experiences with the staff and Dr. Salvie. If he's stumped, his ego is not too big for him to have his patients sent for a second opinion (although I was fine with his opinion in the first place), or even a third if you are still in pain and the cause or the treatment is not helping. Communication is the key with Dr. Salvie, and honesty! Speak with him honestly about your pain level and what's going on from appointment to appointment so he can learn when your good days are and your bad days are, and they respond VERY quickly to your bad days and fit you into the schedule when they isn't any room to really fit you in! I've been a patient of his/theirs for 3-4 years now with no complaints whatsoever. I highly recommend his office to other pain management patients. Biggest reason I picked them (after interviewing lots of others) was how easy it was to talk to him (no ego) and no psychologist necessary like all the other pain management centers in town.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

I only saw this doctor for a few appts before I quickly switched to another (excellent) pain management doctor. Rude and unprofessional, he does not belong in the pain management field. The staff was great though.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2008

Dr. Ashok R. Salvi's Credentials

• Bj Med Coll, Univ Of Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1971)