Ratings for Dr. John B. Costello

I have the ratings and comments other female have left and I am specifically am leaving this rating to share my very positive experience. Dr. Costello takes the time to listen and address my questions. He is thorough and will ask questions and listen before making a diagnosis and will tell directly what the diagnosis is and what you need to do. He is accessible and will take the time and listen. Those qualities are rare and I am extremely thankful I have found him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have never been more confused and frustrated while leaving an appointment that only took 25 minutes that was mainly talked about his son getting drunk once a week, or how my handwriting was nice and that I should take classes for book keeping, and finally he brought up the movie Straight Out Of Compton , as if he was trying to relate to me (this young African American woman). I found him to be offensive and inappropriate. I learned nothing at my appointment.

Submitted June 22, 2016

My wife and I have been going to Dr. Costello for years and have always had good experiences. I think there are some people (women) out there trying to torpedo him. I'd recommend him in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Costello for about 16 years now and find him to be personable, interested in my welfare and an excellent diagnostician. He also listens, which I think is rare for a physician. I highly recommend Dr. Costello. I don't know who those bad reviews came from, but they couldn't have been talking about Dr. John B. Costello.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Disinterested and seemingly petty towards his staff. The appointment was useless. Don't recommend.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

These people have never been to Dr. Costello. I have went to him for 20 years. He is very good, professional and knowledgable. His wait times are small also.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Costello is dedicated to ensuring each patient receives enough time. He's also very good about catching issues before they flare up.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I am a fibromyalgia patient and he is one of these old school doctors who thinks fibromyalgia is in your head and all people need to do is exercise to cure it. He prescribed me a COX-1 inhibitor without first seeing my test results then told me to increase the meds once I told him they didn't work. His bedside manner was not the best, to say the least. He also told me I had fibro before ruling out things such as lupus or doing a glucose test. His waiting room was very full and waits were long.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

Dr. John B. Costello's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)