Ratings for Dr. Mayte L. Sandrin

Excellent physician with a very good staff I would recommend her

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Great Md. Thank you for helping me stay in good health

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Went to see Dr. Sandrin for thyroid issues, suspected I had Hasmimoto's and antibody tests confirmed it. Dr. Sandrin did listen to me, but only to tell me that my hypothyroid symptoms must be caused by something else. She is using an old TSH scale 0.5-5.5 for normal range, instead of the newer scale 0.3-3.0 for normal TSH levels. On the new scale I am hypothyroid, but she's using a scale from over ten years ago. She told me I would need medication at one point and that things would get worse, but she wasn't going to give me anything despite all my symptoms. She even did an ultrasound and confirmed I have Hashimoto's but apparently having a disease doesn't mean you get treated for it at her office. The actual exam room was also gross. Paint was scraped off the wall and the cabinet under the sink was taped shut with clear plastic tape. It's a hospital out-patient center, it should look a little nicer in the exam rooms.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Going home now to tell a friend to get referral to dr sandrin. Loved her!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr sandrin was wonderful. She was patience in showing me how to correctly inject myself. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Pat is a wonderful person, she deserve five stars Great staff

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I would not recommend Sandrin. Within 5 minutes, it was clear what she wanted - touch my neck, tell me I have Hashimoto's, and then send me on my way. When I dared to ask questions about my labs, she became very agitated and accused me of "not trusting medicine." She wouldn't even consider trying me on thyroid medication, despite my aggravating thyroid symptoms, and when I asked how long a FNA biopsy would take (I had to work following the appointment) I was met with "Well in the time I've spent here arguing with you, I could have done it already." She also tried very leading questions to get me to say that I was depressed (thus the real reason for my symptoms), and just wanted to write my a script for anti-depressants and get me out of her hair. As a non-clinical healthcare professional myself, I can clearly state there are serious issues in this office and with this practitioner's repeating behavior.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr sandrin is very knowledgeable but unfortunately does not know how to talk to her patients. After 6 visits, I finally decided to find a new endocrinologist. She seemed very dismissive of my symptoms after having a thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer. She refused to address the cancer in follow ups when it was time for an ultrasound to be sure that the cancer had not retuned. The final straw for me in deciding to find a new doctor was when I told her how fatigued and achy that I was, she literally laughed at me and accused me of making it all up! This was 9 months after a total thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer. My TSH levels were not normal!! My vitamin D level was 14!! When I went to my new dr, he pointed out that these 2 things alone were causing my symptoms!! If dr sandrin had just taken the time to listen instead of dismissing me and literally making fun of me, she would have done her job as my doctor that I pay!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

Dr. Mayte L. Sandrin's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Healthnet