Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Jason Aguanno

I'm really surprised how low Dr Aguanno's ratings are. I don't think he's perfect but in the categories to rate him his office and himself really are perfect. The waiting time is negligible compared to so many others Dr's offices. His staff are kind and caring. So many times they have faxed papers and Rx for me without charges always cheerful about it. His nurses are wonderful and knowledgeable. He's approachable, listens and really seems to care. I feel he is always on my side.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I starting seeing Dr. Aguanno a few years ago when I had some health concerns. I had some delusions about my health and state of mind to which over many visits and time I was able to overcome with his teams help. Any real health concerns that needed to be further looked at were addressed. At the time I may have quietly disagreed with Dr. Aguanno but in time I was able to see clearly that he was correct. Dr.Aguanno has in-house staff members like a Pyschologist, an Addiction/Mental Illness Specialist and a Nutrionist. Dr.Aguanno had a good amount of tolerance dealing with me considering the type of patient I was, never loosing his cool and has good appropriate humor. In the bigger picture I am thankful to live in Ontario and have convenient access to an intelligent bank of health professionals. The only difficult thing about Dr. Aguanno is remembering if his last name has 2 n's or 2 g's! I am almost out of the repair shop, Thanks Dr. Agguano and team.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr. Aguanno has been our family doctor for over 12 years. We continued to see him after he moved away from the Rosedale Clinic. We have had nothing but positive experiences with him. Yes it's a huge pain to call the office to make the apt but he knows our family history and takes care of our needs.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dont't go there. Please read this: On Friday i was told to call the office early Monday, as they do same day booking. Getting into the phone system is real nightmare, often taking hours but this time but i felt sick with shortness of breath, fatigue, and depression and I needed to see someone. I called for 5 hours MondaY. calling over and over again, while I lay in pain and increasing agitation. When I finally got through, they said sorry no doc today. Call back tomorrow first thing. Unwilling to take another chance, I went there physically and tried to book. Guess what - no doc available. So he was booked up by 930. And the woman at reception, who should have known the next day was like, told me to call at 9. Can you imagine going through another excruciating day on the phone and then told sorry, he's all booked? That's exactly what would have happened. Is this healthy? I say it causes harm to patients seeking access. I say the system harmful (the extraordinary stress caused waiting for access on the phone for hours), unethical in that thney tell people to call knowing full that it's not happen. in so far as the wait time on the phone is far to long and causes patient, and discriminatory in effect it's even worse the elderly, the disabled, the mentally ill. After my meeting the doc who was not my doc but a resident, actually said why do i need to make another appointment. I said for follow up - i need ongoing blood work for example, or to follow my depression, the shortness of breath. She completely invalidated this. Saidd it was not necessary. At that point I left. These people care more about the bottom line and your well-being. No access means no care. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

My daughter has severe anxiety issues. Dr. Aguanno has told her she has to "talk herself out of it". He is very unsympathetic, rude, is always away or on holiday. I would never refer anyone to him. He has no concept what anxiety can do to someone, he thinks its all in your head.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Been seeing him for about 9 years. No issues, good care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Condescending know it all. He has no concept of what anxiety disorder is and told my daughter it's all in her head.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I do not think I could be any more displeased with a Doctor. Dr. Aguanno is entirely unprofessional and let's his views get in the way of his practice. I experience EXTREME anxiety anytime that I ever have to go see him. I have a sensitivity to birth control (as told to me by my Gynecologist), so I cannot take any hormonal birth control, which leaves me with very few options. EVERY SINGLE TIME that I go see Dr. Aguanno, regardless of what I am seeing him for (i.e; go to him about possible strep, hurt knee, etc.), he finds a way to lecture me about birth control. I have expressed that I know the options very well and explained what my Gynecologist told me MANY times, but he continues. My last visit was the straw that broke the camel's back. I went for a "womanly check-up" and after the nurse asked about if I was on birth control, I explained the situation to her. Upon my check-up being completed, she sent Dr. Aguanno in to talk to me. He began the conversation by saying "So, how have you not ended up pregnant yet?" He then continued into a lecture about birth control and how important it is. I explained to him what my Gynecologist had told me (for at least the 3rd time) and he continued with "Well, you are the luckiest woman on Earth for not getting pregnant yet." I then asked him if we were done and got up to leave, when he stated "See you when you are pregnant." He is arrogant and has no right to make me feel like he does every single time that I go see him. Currently looking into getting a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I hate him he makes me cry. One time I had a heart attack and went in to see him and all he could say is "how's my son doing in school?" Like wow. I don't even know ur son.

Submitted May 5, 2015