Ratings for Dr. Scott W. Thompson

The billing department is inefficient and unprofessional. They need more than one part-time person working on billing.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

The first time i went to this doctor he gave me a presription that cured my ear infection in no time. The second and third time he just ripped me off. The second time he charged me 90 dollars and told me to get my teeth checked. well i was fine with that let down.upset that he charged me 90 dollars to tell me i had a bad tooth. But the 3rd time he charged me 140.00 and told me to get some oil and put it in my ear. I cryed myself to sleep over the weekend with an earache. today i'm going to get my money back. So whatever you do don't trust this man. he will rip you off if he can. The staff act as if they don't have a clue why he charged so much. so they could not even give me correct billing, because even they don't know.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

My mother had a benign tumor in her ear canal (acoustic neuroma) removed about a year and half ago. Dr. Thompson spent 10 1/2 hours in surgery to remove the tumor while taking care not to damage her facial nerve. Although she lost her hearing in the affected ear and continues to have some balance problems, the removal of the tumor was necessary to prevent more problems in the future. Recently, Dr.Thompson implanted a bone anchored hearing aid (BAHA) that consists of a titanium screw and a transmitter that collects sound wave and transfers them through the skull to her good ear. She is still in the process of learning how to differentiate between natural sounds and sounds from the BAHA. Dr. Thompson has combined professionalism with kindness and caring for his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering surgery for a hearing problem.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Scott W. Thompson's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)