Ratings for Dr. ROBERT S. Flowers

Doctor Flowers performed my breast augmentation and gave me a discount on a chin implant which he insisted I needed. As it turns out, there was nothing wrong with my chin, my nose was too big. His solution as a self proclaimed artist, was to balance my big nose with a large chin. So, I ended up with a masculine looking face with exaggerated features. My smile is slightly crooked from the chin implant, and the stitches raised my lower lip so that it obscures all of my bottom teeth and half of my top teeth. Be aware that Dr. Flowers works with beginning doctors on rotation. He not only lets them observe his operations, but allows them to work on part of your body, even though they are not certified to do so. I declined to let one of them work on me, but the day of my surgery, after they had my clothes and I was in a gown, with my glasses and purse in their possession, they asked me to sign papers I couldn't see to let the beginners observe. Be very careful what you sign. I started to awaken during the operation, and heard that something went wrong. The beginner botched my left breast, dissecting the pocket too low, cutting a nerve, which caused excruciating pain for the next 3 years, every few seconds. The intensity of the pain felt like a stun gun. My left breast ended up two inches lower than the right, and is still a dead zone to this day. It was something that he observed, yet chose not to fix at the time. Dr. Flowers did apologize and offered to fix the problem he caused, if I could make it back to Hawaii. On my income alone, that was not possible. My husband couldn't deal with the constant pain and we divorced 6 months after my surgery. What his nurses did with getting me to sign while I was undressed and without my glasses, was not just done to me. I shared a condominium with one of his patients who had upper eyelid work done. A month later, when she left Hawaii, she still had double vision, and gave me a similar account with paperwork saying the doctors in rotation could watch. We both met the people who botched our surgeries, during our post surgery examinations. It was clear that they were not aware that the patients didn't know they had participated in any way. This is a buyer beware experience, where you think you are hiring and paying Dr. Flowers to do the operation, and instead you are an unknowing guinea pig for uncertified people. If you use Dr. Flowers, go in at your own risk, and make sure your surgery is NOT scheduled on a day when the observations and surgery assists by the beginners are taking place. I was living in Colorado at the time of my surgery and now live on the east coast of the USA. Lots of other doctors have seen Dr. Flowers' botched breast job and chin implant. I never thought I would be glad that I had breast cancer, but it is a way to get my botched breast augmentation fixed once and for all. Any time you see a plastic surgeon with a strange looking face, run, because they have had too much surgery on themselves. I was under his care during his son's first T-ball game, so he was 2 days late in removing my stitches. Maybe he is smart, because they raised the agreed to price after my arrival, due to a recent lifetime achievement award, and managed to keep the money for a terrible job. Worst of all, no one will believe you, because Dr. Flowers donates to important non-profit and community organizations. He used to talk on radio shows, and is beloved by the people of Honolulu. I often wondered if he only experiments on people flying in from the continental USA. I had been told that I could return home to Colorado one week after my operation. Thirty days later, I still was in poor shape, and arrived home in a wheel chair. Shame on you, Doctor Flowers! The only good part of this experience was the place he recommended as a private facility for recovery. It is a healing place, with real nurses, and beautiful scenery, in a large private home that looks like an old estate.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Flowers and his clinic manager Suki. He promised a very natural looking result, but delivered very unnatural outcome. He turned my life into a hell! Instead of enhancing my look, he disfigured me and won't admit any wrong doing! Forget about his fancy credential and some people's reviews who just got lucky with their surgeries, because at the end of the day how you look post-op is what really matters!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

I was very unhappy with the results of a tip rhinoplasty by Dr. Flowers. My nose looked much better before the surgery. I'll always regret it.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

I've had several procedures performed by Dr. Flowers since 1976 - 2 breast augmentations, tummy liposuction, forehead and eyelid lift. I'm extremely pleased with his work; he is an excellent surgeon. He does amazing work - see before & after photos on his website. I would not hesitate to use his services again and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

I highly recommend Dr Flowers to anyone considering reconstructive or cosmetic surgery. Besides being a practising physician, he also teaches, and most especially he is a poet and an artist. He is well-respected in both local and national medical industry. His staff at The Flowers Clinic genuinely care about their patients' physical and mental well-being. Do not make a decision on having a surgeon perform your plastic surgery unless you also consult with Dr Flowers. See before/after photos www.flowersclinic.com/galleryThumb.asp?category=12

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008