Ratings for Dr. Shelly L. Chvotzkin

Do not recommend this physician. Saw her twice for annual exams and once for a problematic visit. Had to get a second opinion: a corrected, concrete, accurate diagnosis . One of many things that happened during the visit...while I ask her a question about a major procedure she recommended, she was humming (yes, humming a song) and writing notes while I asked a basic question. Never seen anything like this. Haphazard, hot mess physician experience.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr. C is best doctor I have ever been to. She saved my life and my baby's life. She diagnosed me and treated me with problems that the other doctors missed. If it wasn't for her and the time she spent with me, both me and my daughter wouldn't be here. She's the most caring physician I know. Not to mention she did a mini tummy tuck at the end of my c-section so I'm now bikini ready and looking great!!! Wouldn't trust any other doc with my health, my life, or my baby's life. Dr. Shelly is amazing. She truly cares.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Extremely rude. I went there for a c section consult wanting to discuss my concerns of being really stressed out over a past experience where I felt everything and was coming off the bed in pain during my last c section. Didn't even get to discuss any concerns. I was so upset by the way she treated me upon entering the room saying I smelled like smoke (fiancé smokes) he was there. Tried to FORCE flu shot. Then said I was anemic? Never been informed of this diagnosis, hadn't even had testing done recently. Wanted to schedule cs at 39 weeks, I said I'd rather wait until the full 40 for the sake of the baby and she hated that and said there's no way to know if they'll be available then. ( how are you going to schedule at 39 weeks, but are unsure of availability a week later???) I have never been treated so poorly or felt worse about having my c section. I am completely stressed out at 29 weeks not knowing who is going to do my c section now since I normally see midwives and this Shelly woman is not coming near me for a procedure I'm already anxious about.. She has made a bad situation worse when I was really hoping that finally having my cs consult would help put my anxiety at ease.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

My pregnancy was high risk and I was followed by perinatlogists during my pregnancy. Dr. Shelly was there to help me every step of the way. She answered by questions. She was patient with me. She even sang during my birth to keep me relaxed. She is one of a kind. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. C is the best! She had so much patience during my labor and I had a wonderful vaginal birth. Highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

This doctor is dangerous!!! She performed a procedure on a friend of mine that was suppose to take 30 minutes and during the procedure the machine she uses broke several time and the whole thing took 2 hours!! My friend is so traumatized she is afraid of GYN's now!!! DO NOT GO TO HER!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

My pelvic physical therapist recommended this doctor to me for further treatment of my pelvic muscle disorder. So I tried to book an appointment. It took months. Finally, I got in to see her. This doctor did not listen or care about the terrible disorder with terrible symptoms I've been dealing with for over a year. She was perfectly capable of helping to treat, but she refused to. My physical therapist even said she had helped treat other women with the same disorder. Terrible doctor. Do not recommend at all.

Submitted January 9, 2015

Love Dr. C! She really listens and cares! She took care of me during my pregnancy. I had a very high risk pregnancy but that didn't deter Dr. C. She helped me to understand everything and got me and my daughter through it. I absolutely LOVE Dr. C!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr.Chvotzkin not only failed to diagnose a medical condition after repeated trips to labor and delivery but also failed to do any testing to find out the cause of my constant trips to the hospital and baby not moving. This led to my son being born with cerebral palsy. If that weren't enough she also botched my son's circumcision.

Submitted January 2, 2013

I thank God for Dr. Chvotzkin - because of a procedure she recommended and the tests required, my grade 1 Uterine cancer was found at the lowest grade and stage (Grade 1/Stage 1A).

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. Shelly L. Chvotzkin's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• BCBS Illinois