Ratings for Dr. Riaz Ahmed

I've been going to Dr. Ahmed for several years now and I love his staff! Very little turnover, they know your name when you walk in and are always super helpful and fast at getting back to you! Dr. Ahmed is super awesome! I appreciate that he explains things in plain English and doesn't push you to go with a certain contact lens just to save his trials! They courier your contacts to your work or house which is awesome because I don't have to go in and pay for parking just to pick them up! Only downer is that I don't work downtown anymore and have to make the trip to go see him from the suburbs....but him and his office is well worth it!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I am ever so grateful for this doctor who immediately saw me when I informed the receptionist that I was having problems with my eyes. Dr. Ahmed diagnosed a bacteria infection that was eating away at my cornea. In addition he booked a follow up appointment with an ophthalmologist just to be safe. He took the time to see me daily for the next 7 days to ensure that my antibiotics were working and that my condition was clearing. Had I waited another 24 hours, I would have lost my eye sight. This doctor truly has a professional bedside manner, is very compassionate and was attentive to a random patient calling out of the blue who desperately needed assistance. My original optometrist scheduled an appointment two weeks out even when having called twice for urgent assistance. Thank you Dr. Ahmed.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Very helpful and kind Doctor. Will really take his time to explain things to you; I didnt feel like I was rushed through. His staff was also helpful!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Great experience. Nice staff. Very knowledgeable .

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I had a wonderful experience here, from the eye exam to picking out frames and relieving the finished product. The women I dealt with here are fantastic. I will go back for all my eye care needs

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

First off I'm not sure where the bad reviews of the staff at Mission eye care are coming from. The girls who work in Dr.Ahmeds office are awesome! Always attentive, sweet and a pleasure to deal with. I have kerataconus and Dr.Ahmed has spent a lot of time making sure I get contacts that are the right fit and give me the best vision. Great bedside manner and easy to like and get along with. He never made me feel bad for how long my appointments took (a LOT of previous optometrists have). Nothing but great things to say about Dr.Ahmed and the staff of Mission Eye Care.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Ahmed seems quite knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. Not pushy about selling products like a lot of other optometrists. Unfortunately, I can't say anything nice about his staff. The girl that scheduled my appointment screwed up the time and date on more than once occasion. If he hires competent admin staff, I'll go back.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Very professional, thorough, patient. Embraces information from the internet. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

The staff at Mission Eye Care are unfortunately very poor. Minimal knowledge, zero interest. Although Ahmed is somewhat helpful and knowledgeable, he's average when compared to most eye doctors

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Riaz Ahmed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ahmed has over 15 years of experience in eye disease management and primary clinical eye care. Having graduated from the University of Alberta in 1993 with a Gold Medal for highest mark in the faculty of Science, Dr. Ahmed went on to the University of Waterloo to obtain a degree in Optometry. He did an Ocular Disease externship at the Barnet-Dulaney Eye Care Center in Phoenix, Arizona, where he developed a passion for the medical side of the profession. Once again graduating top of the faculty, Dr. Ahmed decided to move back to Alberta and put his skills to work in a medical setting. He has been working closely with anterior segment and retinal surgeons since his graduation and has also lectured nationally on eye disease. He is excited to be practicing in a full-scope, holistic medical setting here in Mission, with access to high level eye surgeons directly on-site. He continues to work closely with ophthalmology specialists throughout Calgary and has a special interest in Dry Eye treatment and Corneal Disease management. He receives many referrals for his skills in the fitting of specialty contact lenses for patients with corneal diseases including keratoconus, corneal transplant and ectasia from failed laser refractive sugery. Dr. Ahmed is also very proud of his volunteer work with Canadian Vision Care, a charity which supplies eye care to developing nations worldwide. He is also the current President of the Alberta Association of Optometrists.

• University of Waterloo (Grad. 1998)

• Dry eyes
  • Eye exam
  • Diabetic retinopathy
  • Ocular rosacea
  • Pink eye (conjunctivitis)

AHC