Ratings for Dr. Dean Eliott

Dr. Eliott and his staff, particularly Dr. Kareem Moussa were absolutely fantastic! In August 2018, I had a macula-off retinal detachment. Dr. Moussa performed a procedure (pneumatic retinoplexy) and laser surgery and my vision is now 20/20. Apparently this type of result is very rare, and I attribute it to the excellent care provided by the Retina Service department of Mass Eye and Ear, and the surgical skill of Dr. Moussa. I can't use words to express my deep gratitude to Dr. Eliott and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2019

Dr. Eliot has done a wonderful job in diagnosing and subsequently operating on a macular hole in my right in Dec. 2018. Through his calm and reassuring approach he explained and prepared me for the process. Surgery went as expected and in 4 months the hole is completely repaired. I know that cataract surgery is next and my sight will not return to pre macular hole acuity but I was informed about all this before surgery. No unexpected surprises! Dr. Eliot and his staff are to be commended for their professionalism and medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2019

Thanks to Dr Eliot my left eye is not in a jar on the shelf. After an accidental, self-inflected global eye injury 2 years ago I have been treated ny Dr Eliott. He has always given me complete and honest diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan. Patient and understanding, he consistently instills confidence and trust. I am very grateful for his ability to share knowledge in such a caring manner and always with a good sense of humor. For me this naturally enhances my healing and alleviates fear.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2019

Very thoughtful and explained everything that was going to happen, so I fully understood process. Very complex successful repair of cornea and pupil, not to mention reattaching my retina at the same time. I was very impressed with his skill and knowledge. Very personable as well.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Complex retina surgery successful because of Dr Eliott and his team. Thank you for my sight in my detached eye. Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. Eliott has treated me for over 5 years. At the recommendation of our who is also a physician at Mass Eye & Ear I spent the first day, most of the day waiting for Dr. Eliott to see me. He extended his day to accommodate me. My alarming and sudden condition was diagnosed by Dr.Eliott as retinal vein occlusion. I was immediately put into a trial program and eye injections started at 3 week intervals. The treatments worked and my 400/20 vision returned to 20/20 within a year. I credit Dr. Eliott for his knowledge and expertise for returning my vision to almost back to normal. My care at MEEI was and continues to be of the highest caliber, from the office staff, techs, fellows and finally Dr. Eliott who ties the whole team together with his knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr Elliott has been a wonderful help to me during my time at Mass Eye and Ear. I came in with an emergency detached retina and Dr Elliott did the surgery at 8pm after I'm sure was a long day for him. Dr Elliott has treated me with professionalism and has taken a personal interest in my recovery. I am thankful that he was the doctor that treated me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Dr. Dean Eliott's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Coventry Healthcare