Ratings for Dr. James Trevor McNutt

I have been going to Dr. McNutt for the past year and a half. He was the first doctor who really listened and took time with me to figure out what was going on. Turned out a had a seizure disorder and I am now being treated by him. He always returns my calls when something concerns me. He is calm yet honest with me. I have a great deal of confidence in his knowledge. When you are in the waiting room you can clearly recognize that his front desk staff is very busy but they have always followed through with me. They helped me handle the insurance company when I needed approval for a certain drug and they got it done.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Great experience after less than satisfying evaluations with other neuros in denver and the suburbs. Professional but not condescending, patient, and runs on time.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. McNutt is above and beyond the rudest, most unprofessional doctors I have had the unfortunate experience of visiting. His assistant must be a prior school friend or family, as they seem to work together to offer the most uncaring answers and assistance possible. My impression was that I was bothering him, and his unprofessional demeanor was shocking! After several appointments, I cancelled future ones, and would advise you not to even bother. There are caring, professional doctors to go to instead of enduring the treatment I received.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I was late, they were actually on time which is almost unheard of at a doctors office. Dr. McNutt was great, friendly, listened, answered questions. Reviewed my med records and helped. I will see him again for follow up. Nice doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

INCREDIBLE, EXCELLENT doctor. My experiences with McNutt have been terrific. He's knowledgeable, compassionate, great bedside manner, understanding. I usually agree with his treatment plans and if I don't, we discuss and find a plan that works for both of us. He's almost always on time! I've been seeing neuros for 20+ years, I'm really happy with McNutt. I especially appreciate that McNutt will talk to me on phone in certain cases instead of making me come in the office. One opportunity: paging an oncall Dr. in the office can be frustrating. Sometimes have to wait hours for a Dr. in the office to call back. Also, there can be a long wait to get office appt (one month). On the other hand, once when my problem was urgent, he came into work early to see me so I didn't have to wait a month. Very rare!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Compassionate, non-judgmental, supportive, personable. Takes the time to discuss options. Decisions made are collaborative based on his views and those of the patient. He has been dead on pursuing additional diagnostics for two different conditions for which I sought his assistance. Nailed down the conditions and treatments in both cases. A genuine delight to work with.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr. McNutt is a caring, understanding, thoughtful, Dr. He takes the time to explain what and why for everything that he does.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Had a wonderful experience at Dr. McNutt's office. His staff was courteous and got everything done in what I felt was a timely fashion. I felt he was really listening to me. I received a thorough examination, did a few tests, and he was able to diagnose and treat my problem. I have since recommended him to a close friend.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

His assistant must be family - Thats the only way anyone that rude could be employeed. He does not commit to anything, changes his diagnosis from appt to appt and is generally disinterested. His lack of building a relationship with his patients does not work well when you a re dealing with patients with MS or other neurological issues. I would not go back and see him, His office help is unprofessional and does not take care of business(ordering tests and follow up with appoitment reminders) and when questioned is rude. I have gotten inconsistant answers dpending on the day. I would definately find someone else to see.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. McNutt is one of the best doc's I have been to. He actually comes out to the waiting room to greet you. He listened to all my problems with very complicated migraines and was very helpful. Finally felt like someone was listening to me. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Dr. James Trevor McNutt's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1998)

AHC