Ratings for Dr. Carole Hazan

My experience with Dr.Carol Hazan for a consultation to remove a cyst on my back. I waited in an empty waiting room for about an hour(that should have been my first clue). I was given papers to sign which one sheet had language which I had issues with, which I told her staff I was no going to sign that particular sheet. After I announced that I was ready to leave because of the wait time I was told she was ready to see me now. Dr.Carol Hazan told me my insurance would not paid for the surgery unless the cyst was bigger, had a history of being infected a few times which would involve rupturing that would mean antibiotics and pain. If I wanted it removed now I would have to pay privately without the insurance. She also spotted something on face which I assume she was digging for more private pay ……not being reimbursed by insurance. When I left the examine room I ask the front desk if they would check with my insurance because I know they would pay for the procedure. What Dr.Hazan said did not make sense, it would cost more to the insurance being billed for all these treatments and this would be poor quality care of a patient. (I work in managed care) . Office staff just insisted “Doctor said…..” office staff really shouldn’t even work in a health care office! I asked them for the diagnostic/procedural codes which Dr.Hazan would use to get prior authorization and bill the insurance company. I went home called my insurance, gave them the codes and It was DEFINITELY COVERED by my insurance. ******I highly recommend Dr.Jordan Zuckerman in Bayside, 15 minutes away. • Check with insurance if a Physician says your insurance will not paid for the procedure. **Second opinions matter, most insurance pay for second & third Consultations. I have 28 years in the health care field, doing site surveys on Physician’s offices, evaluations and credentialing of physicians backgrounds.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

So careing Dr Hazan is so gentle and makes you feel so at ease great doctor

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Hazan is an excellent Dermatologist. She has a gentle and expert touch in all procedures.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Hazan is a very skilled and knowledgeable surgeon. HOWEVER, her bedside manner, her punctuality and time spent with patients is less than satisfactory. She, nor her staff, explain the details needed to properly inform her patients of what to expect before and after the experience during the treatment rendered.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Very helpful and patient, answered all my questions. Dr. Hazan is a Wonderful Doctor, I Highly Recommend!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011