Ratings for Dr. Mark T. Shapiro

I was told by Dr. Shapiro and staff that I needed to purchase special premium lenses (RESTOR.) Insurance doesn't cover these so they were very expensive. They said it was the best thing for my eyes and the outcome as a miserable one. I couldn't see well and saw all kinds of circles all of the time. He finally had to remove them but wouldn't give me any money back. I told him they were not affordable to me but I got them because they said I needed to. I am disappointed that he could be so unfair to me after being a patient for a number of years.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Yes, as other reviewers said, this is a busy office, but I got very personalized care. I've never been to a doctor who spends a lot of time with me...that isn't medicine today. But I got good care and everyone was very kind and considerate. Much more so than my general care doctor. I had lasik and had a great result.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

ok personality as far as doctors go... 100 percent professional,very little chit chat, you will not have time to warm the chair unless in the waiting area...helpful staff, two cataract surgeries...went as well as one might expect...now going thru yag laser capsulotomy...if you want to get close or need your hand held, this is not the place for you.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Mark T. Shapiro's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)