Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Boyd

I was born with bad vision. Dr Boyd had performed two cataract surgeries on me, and on both occasions I was wheeled into the operating room blind or near blind, and walked out with clear vision. As other patients have testified, he is a brilliant surgeon. Throughout all my visits to his clinic, that spanned nearly 15 years, I received nothing but the best medical care and professional attention from the good doctor himself and his team.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

So the doctors is helpful , however I have never dealt with unprofessional and ignorant behaviour from the doctors office front desk before -there's no need for it . I understand there busy -just like every doctors office . If I hadn't already made a booking I would have walked out . There is many ophthalmologists in Burnaby that are Excellent at what they do .

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I am a senior and Dr Boyd did both my eyes for cataract surgery. I no longer need to wear glasses as he promised. This means a great deal to me as I had been wearing glasses as a kid. Dr Boyd and his staff are professional and friendly. I have happily recommended him to my friends and neighbors.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Dr. Boyd is the most unfriendly person I've ever met. He doesn't want to take time to answer questions, he just has you fill out forms. If I'm going to let him do lenses replacement on my eyes I have the right to know the procedure, the cost involved and when payment is due. The two ladies sitting at reception are not very helpful and just as unfriendly, of course I wouldn't be too happy working for a sour puss either.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Extremely rude doctor. Start laughing at my last name. Didn't listen to me about my eye problem. Doesn't care about his parents at all! At all! Wouldn't recommend to anyone! Stay away from this......!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

When I asked why my vision was so slow at coming back after he did my cataract surgery he didn't even bother to even look at my eye so he could give me a professional answer. He went into a childish rant telling me that considering what he had to work with I was expecting too much. (I had had one other surgery on that eye.) That made no sense at all so I tried talking calmly to him to help him through his tantrum hoping he would calm down and look at my eye, but it didn't help so I walked out of his office never getting an answer. I was so concerned that I phoned another doctors office and explained what happened and that I just need someone to look at my eye and give me an intelligent answer. I was booked within a couple of days with Dr. Matheson and he very kindly told that there was nothing to worry about. My eye was still a bit swollen therefore impairing my vision. Apparently it was healing a bit slower than the norm. He reassured me that my vision would come back and he was right. Too bad Mr. Boyd (I can't call him doctor) didn't bother looking in my eye before throwing a tantrum. I do not recommend this person. Please find someone more professional and someone that will actually look at your eyes properly before giving you a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr Boyd is a brilliant eye surgeon with excellent bedside manners. I had Lasik done from him in March 1999 and then PRK in May 2017 as vision deteriorates after age 40. Both surgeries went really well and I would recommend him to all. I would not trust anyone else with my eyes. Office staff are kind, caring and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

My single worst experience with a medical professional. He failed to read paperwork and so did not know I was already on medication for my condition when he examined me, and almost sent me away as a result. Once he put me on a stronger medication he refused to listen to my concerns about the impact the side effects were having on me at work. He was rude, dismissive and rushed in every interaction and outright hostile when I attempted to discuss alternative therapies with him. I never got a proper diagnosis with him, it took a resident at a different clinic 40 minutes to diagnose once I switched including 20 minutes for the dialation drops to kick in (pigmentary glaucoma).

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

! I have seen Dr.Boyd several time and I should have listen to my gut. He's very unfriendly, arrogant, not helpful at all, doesn't listen to his patient. I don't think he really does a thorough checked on my eyes. Verybusy office that, doesn't mean he's very good. Would not recommend to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr Boyd and his staff are wonderful. I had laser vision done 12 years ago by Dr Boyd and was so pleased and confident in the procedure that my 23 year old son also had it done this year. He is thrilled with the outcome. The office can be busy but the staff is always making sure that everyone is taken care of - I wouldnt go anywhere else. On the follow up visits the staff treats you like family and want to make sure you have a great recovery. I highly recommend Dr Boyd and his staff. They are a caring wonderful group - thank you

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1984)