Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Boyd

Very unhelpful doctor. He doesn't listen to the parients and he is unfriendly.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Boyd and his staff are friendly and caring professionals equipped to assess and improve eye and vision concerns. In my case, lense replacement surgery led to a great result with 20/20 distance and reading without any corrective lenses. The office is often busy but thorough eye care was never compromised even if this meant waiting a few minutes longer. Follow up questions and re-tests were met promptly and on schedule. I had a very good experience with Dr. Michael Boyd..

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Boyd and his staff are the most unfriendly, rude and dismissive bunch I have ever come across. I felt rushed during my appointment and do not believe Dr. Boyd provided me with adequate care.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Very knowledgeable and patient Doctor. He is always ready to answer any questions and make sure you understand the situation with your eyes. Highly recommend Dr. Boyd. Thank you for letting me see again without my glasses/contacts. I'm very happy with my results.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I'm quite surprised at all of the positive reviews Dr. Boyd has received, as my experience was anything BUT positive. I saw Dr. Boyd on an urgent basis as I'd developed a sudden onset of blurry, double vision. The first tech I saw who did some eye measurements was very friendly - I initially thought he WAS Dr. Boyd, only to discover he was just a tech. When it came time for Dr. Boyd to see me, he was arrogant, condescending, and had an attitude that made it seem as though he had other places he wanted to be (surely it wasn't because he was rushed to see another patient, as there was no one else waiting in the office at the time.) He barely even looked at my problematic eye! All he did was quickly shine a light in it, proceeded to tell me that my eye "looked" normal (without doing any real testing that other optometry clinics typically do), and sent me home with drops for dry-eye. Meanwhile, my eyesight is still blurry and bothersome. I don't recommend Dr. Boyd to anyone, and I will be seeking a second opinion from a different ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Absolutely stunned by the quality of service I received from this doctor and his staff. Had both my eyes worked on for cataracts and have never received such care and professionalism, ever! Two thumbs up! I highly recommend this doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

had him for laser surgery, and for 2 cataract surgerys. Did both my parents and wife as well. Best of the Best.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Very professional and makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Best money I have ever spent. So thrilled with my results.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I went to Dr. Boyd for cataract surgery to have vision improvement. But unfortunately no improvement and I was never informed of the type of lens used. I am dissatisfied. This doctor can be more respectful and considerate and needs to accept patient symptoms and suffering. He is impatient and unwilling to listen and understand what the patient is trying to say. He wants to keep his word up no matter what. I am sorry I went to him. He looks at his patients as if they are inferior and dumb and he is such a elitist.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal