You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael J. Boyd

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Ratings

I can't believe people like this are practising physicians. This clown needs to have his license taken away and should not have any job that involves talking to society because he is a a complete psychopath. He interrupted every sentence I started and looked at me like I wasn't worthy of his time. I felt awkward just even being in his presence. He kept denying my symptoms and was inconvenienced by my concerns. I didnt know if I should start laughing or crying at what was happening so I just laughed it off as I left the office in disgust. Avoid this doctor at all costs. His receptionists are also quite a gem. I've had friendlier and more polite service at a gas station.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2809317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Had very poor eyesight (prescription into the double digits) and opted for an Intra ocular lens implant. Very satisfied with the results. Still need glasses for fine print, haven't gotten them, it's been 4 months since surgery. Halos at night either diminish/got used to dealing with them. Procedure was pricey, but I wouldn't change a thing. Brisk busy office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My wife's decision to have Dr. Boyd perform YAG laser surgery for posterior capsulotomy after having cateract surgery in the USA, was one of the best we have ever made. My wife is an American, not yet covered by MSP, so few other ophthalmologists in BC offered treatment for her. She walked in almost legally blind and walked out 15 minutes later with her crystal clear vision restored. Dr Boyd and staff were very friendly, prompt, efficient, and reassuring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2730432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

unprofessional. Also Could not find the cause of my double vision and did not seem to really care. just dismissed me. Overall, i would give him a 0. The staffs were friendly tho.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Worst staff and patient care EVER. Staff couldn't care less.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I don't have anything negative to write about this doctor. But the staff don't know their manners and don't seem to get that when the patients are left in uncertainty they need a bit more attention

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Having laser vision correction with Dr Boyd was the best eye care decision I have made. The joy of running and other outdoor activities without glasses sliding down my nose or steaming up! The first week after PRK is quite uncomfortable, but Dr Boyd and his staff were very clear about what to expect so I was prepared. I have one eye for distance and one for close up so I don't even need reading glasses, and the cost/benefit of surgery is very reasonable compared to that of quality progressive lenses and frames. Friendly, professional staff. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2520891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at Dr. Boyd's office, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The doctor himself was fantastic, so caring and informative. I would recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2515922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I chose Dr Boyd to perform Laser Eye Correction in 2009 because he was the only Doctor who sat down with me for to answer my questions. All the other Laser Eye Correction clinics had sales or marketing people try to up sell me. Dr Boyd and his staff have always been great to see which makes me look forward to come back every year for my yearly eye checkup. I just saw the doctor the other day and 4 years after my Laser Eye Surgery, I still have 20/20 vision! It was a great experience and I highly recommend Dr Boyd to all my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][525529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Boyd. He was very knowledgable, kind and straightforward -- and now I have better than 20/20 vision. My lasik surgery was quick and painless, and my eyes were hardly even dry afterwards. He uses a new Zeiss laser that targets a slightly larger part of your eye (so your night vision isn't compromised when your pupils dilate). Some clinics use older lasers, so beware. I would fully recommend Dr. Boyd and his team to anyone considering laser eye surgery. He has been in the business a long time, and it shows. This was easily the best money I have ever spent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][525528].votes_count ]]