You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Boyd

Very professional and makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Best money I have ever spent. So thrilled with my results.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I went to Dr. Boyd for cataract surgery to have vision improvement. But unfortunately no improvement and I was never informed of the type of lens used. I am dissatisfied. This doctor can be more respectful and considerate and needs to accept patient symptoms and suffering. He is impatient and unwilling to listen and understand what the patient is trying to say. He wants to keep his word up no matter what. I am sorry I went to him. He looks at his patients as if they are inferior and dumb and he is such a elitist.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I can't believe people like this are practising physicians. This clown needs to have his license taken away and should not have any job that involves talking to society because he is a a complete psychopath. He interrupted every sentence I started and looked at me like I wasn't worthy of his time. I felt awkward just even being in his presence. He kept denying my symptoms and was inconvenienced by my concerns. I didnt know if I should start laughing or crying at what was happening so I just laughed it off as I left the office in disgust. Avoid this doctor at all costs. His receptionists are also quite a gem. I've had friendlier and more polite service at a gas station.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Had very poor eyesight (prescription into the double digits) and opted for an Intra ocular lens implant. Very satisfied with the results. Still need glasses for fine print, haven't gotten them, it's been 4 months since surgery. Halos at night either diminish/got used to dealing with them. Procedure was pricey, but I wouldn't change a thing. Brisk busy office.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My wife's decision to have Dr. Boyd perform YAG laser surgery for posterior capsulotomy after having cateract surgery in the USA, was one of the best we have ever made. My wife is an American, not yet covered by MSP, so few other ophthalmologists in BC offered treatment for her. She walked in almost legally blind and walked out 15 minutes later with her crystal clear vision restored. Dr Boyd and staff were very friendly, prompt, efficient, and reassuring.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

unprofessional. Also Could not find the cause of my double vision and did not seem to really care. just dismissed me. Overall, i would give him a 0. The staffs were friendly tho.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Worst staff and patient care EVER. Staff couldn't care less.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I don't have anything negative to write about this doctor. But the staff don't know their manners and don't seem to get that when the patients are left in uncertainty they need a bit more attention

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Having laser vision correction with Dr Boyd was the best eye care decision I have made. The joy of running and other outdoor activities without glasses sliding down my nose or steaming up! The first week after PRK is quite uncomfortable, but Dr Boyd and his staff were very clear about what to expect so I was prepared. I have one eye for distance and one for close up so I don't even need reading glasses, and the cost/benefit of surgery is very reasonable compared to that of quality progressive lenses and frames. Friendly, professional staff. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1984)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional and makes you feel very comfortable."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Best money I have ever spent. So thrilled with my results. "

January 18, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Boyd for cataract surgery to have vision improvement. But unfortunately no improvement and I was never informed of the type of lens used. I am dis..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe people like this are practising physicians. This clown needs to have his license taken away and should not have any job that involves talking to..."

May 16, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Had very poor eyesight (prescription into the double digits) and opted for an Intra ocular lens implant. Very satisfied with the results. Still need glasses fo..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife's decision to have Dr. Boyd perform YAG laser surgery for posterior capsulotomy after having cateract surgery in the USA, was one of the best we have ev..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "unprofessional. Also Could not find the cause of my double vision and did not seem to really care. just dismissed me. Overall, i would give him a 0. The staffs ..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst staff and patient care EVER. Staff couldn't care less."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I don't have anything negative to write about this doctor. But the staff don't know their manners and don't seem to get that when the patients are left in uncer..."

September 26, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael J."

October 10, 2013