Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Boyd

Absolutely stunned by the quality of service I received from this doctor and his staff. Had both my eyes worked on for cataracts and have never received such care and professionalism, ever! Two thumbs up! I highly recommend this doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

had him for laser surgery, and for 2 cataract surgerys. Did both my parents and wife as well. Best of the Best.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Very professional and makes you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Best money I have ever spent. So thrilled with my results.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I went to Dr. Boyd for cataract surgery to have vision improvement. But unfortunately no improvement and I was never informed of the type of lens used. I am dissatisfied. This doctor can be more respectful and considerate and needs to accept patient symptoms and suffering. He is impatient and unwilling to listen and understand what the patient is trying to say. He wants to keep his word up no matter what. I am sorry I went to him. He looks at his patients as if they are inferior and dumb and he is such a elitist.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I can't believe people like this are practising physicians. This clown needs to have his license taken away and should not have any job that involves talking to society because he is a a complete psychopath. He interrupted every sentence I started and looked at me like I wasn't worthy of his time. I felt awkward just even being in his presence. He kept denying my symptoms and was inconvenienced by my concerns. I didnt know if I should start laughing or crying at what was happening so I just laughed it off as I left the office in disgust. Avoid this doctor at all costs. His receptionists are also quite a gem. I've had friendlier and more polite service at a gas station.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Had very poor eyesight (prescription into the double digits) and opted for an Intra ocular lens implant. Very satisfied with the results. Still need glasses for fine print, haven't gotten them, it's been 4 months since surgery. Halos at night either diminish/got used to dealing with them. Procedure was pricey, but I wouldn't change a thing. Brisk busy office.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My wife's decision to have Dr. Boyd perform YAG laser surgery for posterior capsulotomy after having cateract surgery in the USA, was one of the best we have ever made. My wife is an American, not yet covered by MSP, so few other ophthalmologists in BC offered treatment for her. She walked in almost legally blind and walked out 15 minutes later with her crystal clear vision restored. Dr Boyd and staff were very friendly, prompt, efficient, and reassuring.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

unprofessional. Also Could not find the cause of my double vision and did not seem to really care. just dismissed me. Overall, i would give him a 0. The staffs were friendly tho.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Worst staff and patient care EVER. Staff couldn't care less.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1984)