Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Boyd

Dr Boyd is a brilliant eye surgeon with excellent bedside manners. I had Lasik done from him in March 1999 and then PRK in May 2017 as vision deteriorates after age 40. Both surgeries went really well and I would recommend him to all. I would not trust anyone else with my eyes. Office staff are kind, caring and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

My single worst experience with a medical professional. He failed to read paperwork and so did not know I was already on medication for my condition when he examined me, and almost sent me away as a result. Once he put me on a stronger medication he refused to listen to my concerns about the impact the side effects were having on me at work. He was rude, dismissive and rushed in every interaction and outright hostile when I attempted to discuss alternative therapies with him. I never got a proper diagnosis with him, it took a resident at a different clinic 40 minutes to diagnose once I switched including 20 minutes for the dialation drops to kick in (pigmentary glaucoma).

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

! I have seen Dr.Boyd several time and I should have listen to my gut. He's very unfriendly, arrogant, not helpful at all, doesn't listen to his patient. I don't think he really does a thorough checked on my eyes. Verybusy office that, doesn't mean he's very good. Would not recommend to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr Boyd and his staff are wonderful. I had laser vision done 12 years ago by Dr Boyd and was so pleased and confident in the procedure that my 23 year old son also had it done this year. He is thrilled with the outcome. The office can be busy but the staff is always making sure that everyone is taken care of - I wouldnt go anywhere else. On the follow up visits the staff treats you like family and want to make sure you have a great recovery. I highly recommend Dr Boyd and his staff. They are a caring wonderful group - thank you

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I had a wonderful experience. I traveled a long distance and they treated me like family. All of the staff were friendly and took care of me. Dr Boyd saw me in the morning and by the afternoon I was in having Lasik surgery. He was very thorough and answered all my questions. I had a follow up the next morning which all went well. Now a month later I have 20/20 vision and I couldn't be happier. They have followed up with me twice even though I am doing my post op with my local optometrist. A very professional outfit and I will recommend! Many thanks!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

When I saw Dr. Boyd he seemed annoyed with the fact that he had to see me and couldn't finish his muffin from Starbucks. So rude. His staff are also just as bad.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Very unhelpful doctor. He doesn't listen to the parients and he is unfriendly.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Boyd and his staff are friendly and caring professionals equipped to assess and improve eye and vision concerns. In my case, lense replacement surgery led to a great result with 20/20 distance and reading without any corrective lenses. The office is often busy but thorough eye care was never compromised even if this meant waiting a few minutes longer. Follow up questions and re-tests were met promptly and on schedule. I had a very good experience with Dr. Michael Boyd..

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Boyd and his staff are the most unfriendly, rude and dismissive bunch I have ever come across. I felt rushed during my appointment and do not believe Dr. Boyd provided me with adequate care.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Very knowledgeable and patient Doctor. He is always ready to answer any questions and make sure you understand the situation with your eyes. Highly recommend Dr. Boyd. Thank you for letting me see again without my glasses/contacts. I'm very happy with my results.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Michael J. Boyd's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1984)

Multiplan