Ratings for Dr. Deborah Konkol

As a person, I like Deborah Konkol. I do think that she is a smart doctor. I was her patient for years and always found her humor to be rather quirky. Her loyal female assistant Sherry is great! My horrible experience with her was about her employee who is a family member. He was given much more responsibility than he is capable of performing. He was responsible for getting preauthorization for a medical procedure and did not do so. I believed him when he called to tell me that everything was preapproved. Iended up being billed thousands of dollars for that unauthorized procedure. Dr. Konkol and her office did not seem to care very much that their employee's mistake had cost me so much. After trying relentlessly to get their office to work with me to rectify their mistake, I finally took legal action. This magically got their attention! I switched doctors and am much happier. I do not recommend this medical practice.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Definitely would not recommend. Staff is unprofessional and Dr. Konkol did not answer my questions well or value my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I wouldn't recommend dr konkol to anyone. It's not just her but the entire office is very unprofessional! I had a horrible experience with them and finally made the switch. She's such a careless doctor and the staff besides one lady are the same.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

We loved Dr. Konkol and her staff. There was never a wait for my appointments, her staff was very friendly and all knew me and my fiance on first name basis. We went in to get induced at 40 weeks and ended up having a c-section that wasn't planned. She didn't waste anytime and was promp and ready to go. My son was here perfect and healthy. She did an amazing job! We will be going back here shortly with baby #2. I noticed some people didn't like her "sarcasm" but I wasn't there to make bestfriends with her, we were there to have a healthy baby and she did that perfectly and knew exactly what was she was doing at all times!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr.Konkol is the worst Dr. I have ever met. She is extremely unprofessional, and careless. I was 22 when I first had my baby, and my baby daddy was much older.So when I came to see her she sarcastically stated ''are you the father of this baby are this baby? Pointing to me then my stomach.I continued to see her but I should have found another Dr. When I would come in for my visits she rushed me out and was always rude. Lastly she called me a fool cause I was screaming while I was delivering my baby. I wouldn't recommend Dr Konkol to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

DO NOT recommend her at all. Went in for my first appt and she did ultrasound and said "Well, there's no heartbeat so I guess you've miscarried." wtf?!? Thanks for breaking the news gently! Scoffed at me when I wanted to wait and be sure, didn't seem to care that I'd just lost my baby. When I begged for blood tests to check levels, she acted like it was a stupid idea and rushed me into a D&C. THEN she sent me to an out of network hospital to do the surgery, which ended up charging me over $1000. Never followed up to see how I was doing, very rude and brusque and I will NEVER go back to her.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I do NOT recommend Dr. Konkol to anyone!!! She did not answer my questions well, had rough hands during a gynecological physical exam, and MOCKED ME DURING LABOR! After every visit I had with her I left the office wishing I could go to a different doctor. Do not let this happen to you, consider yourself warned!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

For anyone considering an OBGYN...Dr. K is the way to go!!! I have been seeing her for 8 years now and wish I could have her for my PCG too...Dr. Konkol makes you feel very comfortable in not-so comfortable situations. Alot of that is due to her personality. Some patients might take her sarcasm and demeanor the wrong way, but that is way I love her so much. I can honestly tell her anything and she is willing to listen and help without judgement. I would highly recommend Dr. K as a doctor for any women between the ages of 18 to 30.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

The staff is hardly available by phone and did not seem knowledgable in related topic and insurance questions. Dr. Konkol appears indifferent about her job and does spend little time with me as a patient but has not given a big reason for me to not see her.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I was refered to her by a few co-workers, of which she came highly recommended. It took me quite some time to get in to see her, and when I did, I felt as if I had made the wrond decision. She did not show any emotion, or compassion regarding my issues...and felt more compelled to tell me about her staff members lemon pie, that she had just eaten. My exam was short, and I was told to go get additional things done, and she would be in touch. I had the other things done, and it took three weeks for them to contact me back with follow up information. When I would call to inquire about my results...the young man who serves as her assistant would get upset and told me basically...dont call us, we will call you. Would I recommend this GB....propably not!! :0(

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. Deborah Konkol's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)