You may also like

Rate Dr. Gary Morris

Dr. Gary Morris's Ratings

He looked my hands & said 'osteoarthritis' & wrote a letter to my doctor, which mentioned 'no need to see her again'. I remember my hands looked fine (43 yo) & had no evidence of osteoarthritis. Does he have bionic eyes? I didn't know where my pain comes from, feeling like I'm burning alive, but he didn't help me at all. He prescribed me Tylenol for arthritis & glucosamine. My pain was so huge, even Morphine won't help? I don't know bce he never gave me pain killer. Now, 12 years later, I can see evidence of arthritis (nodules on my fingers), and got treatment for trigger finger (2 majors), but still not sure if I have rheumatoid arthritis. Anyway, no evidence I have osteoarthritis on Xrays. So, I'm still suffering like terribly 2-3 times per year during drastic temp changes. When you see a rhumato. see the best, bce you'll never get good care after, bce they protect each others in Canada. If we were in USA, it will be another story. They will probably be obliged to retire earlier. :-)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2788486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Uninterested in the patient is an understatement....his arrogance takes over and he doesn't listen to what he is told....have to say he has broken every standard of the medical code of ethics for patient care...I think it is time for him to retire or move on to a non patient interfacing role as he provides awful care. He needs to realize when he has mentally checked out and do patients a favor by not practicing.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2780815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Morris has been my rheumatologist for over a decade now. He is responsible for fighting for me to get on the medicine that is allowing me to live a good life and be a mom to my boys. He fought for me to get on these meds when they weren't as well known. He will call you personally with a test result or an answer to a question. I highly recommend him, like has been said he is not going to baby you but will be there to give you the best possible medical care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I am very happy that Dr. Morris is my doctor. Thank you for everything

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2718714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Excellent! I am very happy that I was reffered to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I have been a patient of his since 2002. He comes off as a jerks or as uncaring often- especially before you get to know him, however, he is an extremely caring doctor who will treat you as if you were his family (stand up for you, get you the help you need, etc). He comes off as uncaring because he doesn't want anyone to care too much because it can be painful to see his patients (especially as young as I am) so ill and go through so much.... He really does care but sometimes his bedside manners leave a bit to be desired..... Despite that, he's my #1 choice as a rheumatologis!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2500550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

He in uninterested in the patient. I have other health issues that have all arisen since starting current RA treatment. He won't discuss if there's a link, he's very rude when I bring it up. He has the attitude that he knows all and the patient knows nothing. Good luck to anyone who sees him.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2493007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Glad to hear that some folks have been helped by this Dr. but I have to agree with much of the negative feedback: he isn't interested in 'discussing' your situation/care and is very abrupt. No sense of passion of his profession and bedside manner is simply lacking. Put me on some meds and proclaimed us 'finished'...regardless of the long term issues. Getting a referal elsewhere...

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1256637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Morris for about 4 years. In each visit he was consistently condescending, he would rush me through, never inquired or seemed to listen to my concerns or problems. I would see him for problems and he would not do a proper evaluation, giving me advice and drugs that turned out to be unnecessary. I would have to find solutions on my own. I always left his office feeling depressed and I would avoid seeing him if at all possible which wasn't always possible.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1256636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr. Morris has been my Rheumatologist for a few years now and was kind enough to take me on right away when my Rheumy at the time left her practice unexpectedly. He is extremely punctual which I appreciate, and yet he is always willing to talk as long as needed, never makes me feel rushed if I have questions. He is personable, I don't know what the complaints are about. He is friendly and kind and you know he cares but he's not the type to be overtly nurturing or hand-holding but I like that about him. I'm not there to be coddled and babied and soothed, I'm there to manage my illness and hear the facts and do what is expected of me to manage my health. He has even called me personally (not had his receptionist do it when that would have been completely acceptable to do so) to let me know poor test results and changes I should make because of the results, or even just to inquire as to how I was managing/feeling. I haven't heard of many docs that do that. I am grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1256635].votes_count ]]