Ratings for Dr. Gary Morris

This rheumatologist is rude, arrogant and only cares about making himself look good. He was very rude with me when I did do anything except answer his questions, he made a ton of assumptions and did not do his homework. All I can say family or friends leaving the '5' ratings because in all my experiences with him for quite a few years he had no bedside manner or understanding of rudimentary issues of life with RA. Do not recommend at all.

Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr Morris is an incredible doctor. He has on occasion agreed to see me on the weekends as I live out of town and can't make it in most weekdays. He is very thorough and goes over everything from results to lab tests and xrays to addressing all my concerns. He is very kind, likable and approachable. He knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr Garry Morris is a terrific Doctor! My wife was near death in the hospital and he brought her back, with consulting all Doctors involved in her care. He kept a very close eye on her. He was always very pleasant and professional. His receptionist is very professional and very nice as well.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

To whom read this review Dr. Morris has been my Rheumatologist for about 3 years. I truly believe he takes his job very serious and is very direct about the cold hard fact, no hidden truths. Unfortunately that might portray arrogant, zero bedside manner qualities however his actions as a specialist over exceeds those qualities and I'll tell you a condensed version of the situation I am currently recovering from. Diagnosed with AS for about twenty years with complete spinal fusion & neck. Over the past month I've been struggling with both knees, turns out at some point of over the couple month’s bacterial infection collide with AS flare-up causing massive inflammation swelling. I truly believed I was about to be sized for a wheel chair for I could barely walk, crawling wasn't even an option. My GP prescribe antibiotics (blood work suggested infection), ultra sound on both knees and blood work on several occasions. Antibiotics did not help, swelling was getting worse - no word of a lie I could see the swelling grow increase is size. I called Dr. Morris office, talked to receptionist who relayed all information onto Dr. Morris. Receptionist call back minutes later asked if I can come in next day (I live in Medicine Hat - 3hr drive). I hadn't expect that, getting into a specialist last-minute just doesn't happen. To summarize my visit Dr. Morris explained that basically my AS inflammation was preventing blood vessel from doing their jobs. At the same appointment which I did not expect (I thought I would be heading to emergency) drained both knees of excess fluid and injected steroids to manage the inflammation. For anyone that has meet Dr. Morris address’s you as Mr. Smith or Mrs. Smith, very professional or formal say’s to me Mr. M you’re going to feel whole lot better and you will be able to walk out of this office semi-normal (steroids will need several days to do their thing) and he was right. Dr. Morris sent extracted fluid away for testing to make sure nothing is being overlooked. To wrap up this review my GP calls next day after I've seen Dr. Morris basically freaking out about my test results over the past few days. GP believes I have Septic Arthritis and wants me emitted into hospital for IV bacterial treatment. Emergency doctor on call believes I do not have Septic Arthritis and makes his case. Anyone with AS, test results can be misleading and require further interpretation. I requested Emergency Doctor to confirm with Dr. Morris for conformation. Unfortunately Dr. Morris was unavailable that day to take his call for he was indisposed with teaching classes all day till 8:00 @ night. That night Dr. Morris returns message to my GP, Emergency Doctor and calls me after reviewing results from fluid extraction that everything was fine. Dr. Morris did NOT need to call that evening, that call could/should have happened next day he was back in the office. My point is he truly cares about his patients and that call is why Dr. Morris is my Rheumatologist relieved a ton of stress and anxiety.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr. Morris has been my Rheumathologist for many years. I have psoriatic arthritis which has caused me a lot of pain. Only because of Dr's Morris excellent knowledge and didication i was able to continue working which included lots of travel. Thank you for your excellent work and taking good care of me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr Morris has been my rheumatologist for many years. I find him very good, a good listener, and very caring. He checks all my joints on my yearly visits. He has always been there for me. Sees me immediately if I am having a flair up. As another post indicates he does not baby you. He is straight to the point. Thank you Dr. Morris for all you have done for me. I would also like to thank the Receptionist who is always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr Morris has been my Rheumatologist for years. He saw me during a very muddled time in my health management where other specialists were playing "it could be" "it should be" he got down and dirty with a full body scan that indicated inflammatory arthritis. Once diagnosis was made treatment was initiated immediately including the completion of the yucky insurance paperwork necessary for me to start and maintain treatments. He follows up with me regularly. He calls me when necessary to discuss things. He has never left me waiting for our scheduled appointments. I am a nurse. I work with physicians, specialists and surgeons. Dr. Morris does his job. If you're looking for a fluffy Dr that dotes and sympathizes with you he might not be your first choice. But you can be confident that he will do a more than adequate assessment, treatment plan and follow up.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I feel bad about for the receptionist as she appears to be hard working but will likely get bad ratings because of a bad "doctor". Dr. Morris was not helpful at all and actually did more harm to me than good as I found out from my fabulous new rheumatologist. He did not even try to get dosages right and actually just said everyone is the same and it doesn't matter. Oh well, his punctuality is outstanding - I guess when business is slow and you are not in demand it's easy to keep to a schedule. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Morris has been my specialist for a while now and came highly recommended by my old specialist before I moved to Calgary. He is always on time and very helpful. He answers all of my questions and makes sure that I am comfortable with information and treatment plans. I would recommend him to anyone in need of Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Can't say I agree with 'seems uncaring until you get to know him;; saw him for a few years and once I got a lab report stating his medication was potentially harming me, he discharged me back to my family doctors care. Callous is as callous does...

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015