Ratings for Dr. Gary Morris

Based on the language in the last 3 reviews it is obvious that Mr. Morris has had family or friends write. Anyway, he is just all around terrible - Arrogant, zero bedside manner, over medicates, will be selective in what he tells you cause he doesn't want you to dislike him (advice, get your results and a second opinion), and because of these items is unethical. I AB health services sends you to him, you can always request someone else. They know that not all people practicing are competent - I have been told this many times from the central dispatch. Anyway, just go elsewhere if you want someone who will abide by their professional code of ethics.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr. Morris has been my Rheumathologist for many years. I have psoriatic arthritis which has caused me a lot of pain. Only because of Dr's Morris excellent knowledge and didication i was able to continue working which included lots of travel. Thank you for your excellent work and taking good care of me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr Morris has been my rheumatologist for many years. I find him very good, a good listener, and very caring. He checks all my joints on my yearly visits. He has always been there for me. Sees me immediately if I am having a flair up. As another post indicates he does not baby you. He is straight to the point. Thank you Dr. Morris for all you have done for me. I would also like to thank the Receptionist who is always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr Morris has been my Rheumatologist for years. He saw me during a very muddled time in my health management where other specialists were playing "it could be" "it should be" he got down and dirty with a full body scan that indicated inflammatory arthritis. Once diagnosis was made treatment was initiated immediately including the completion of the yucky insurance paperwork necessary for me to start and maintain treatments. He follows up with me regularly. He calls me when necessary to discuss things. He has never left me waiting for our scheduled appointments. I am a nurse. I work with physicians, specialists and surgeons. Dr. Morris does his job. If you're looking for a fluffy Dr that dotes and sympathizes with you he might not be your first choice. But you can be confident that he will do a more than adequate assessment, treatment plan and follow up.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I feel bad about for the receptionist as she appears to be hard working but will likely get bad ratings because of a bad "doctor". Dr. Morris was not helpful at all and actually did more harm to me than good as I found out from my fabulous new rheumatologist. He did not even try to get dosages right and actually just said everyone is the same and it doesn't matter. Oh well, his punctuality is outstanding - I guess when business is slow and you are not in demand it's easy to keep to a schedule. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Morris has been my specialist for a while now and came highly recommended by my old specialist before I moved to Calgary. He is always on time and very helpful. He answers all of my questions and makes sure that I am comfortable with information and treatment plans. I would recommend him to anyone in need of Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Can't say I agree with 'seems uncaring until you get to know him;; saw him for a few years and once I got a lab report stating his medication was potentially harming me, he discharged me back to my family doctors care. Callous is as callous does...

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

He looked my hands & said 'osteoarthritis' & wrote a letter to my doctor, which mentioned 'no need to see her again'. I remember my hands looked fine (43 yo) & had no evidence of osteoarthritis. Does he have bionic eyes? I didn't know where my pain comes from, feeling like I'm burning alive, but he didn't help me at all. He prescribed me Tylenol for arthritis & glucosamine. My pain was so huge, even Morphine won't help? I don't know bce he never gave me pain killer. Now, 12 years later, I can see evidence of arthritis (nodules on my fingers), and got treatment for trigger finger (2 majors), but still not sure if I have rheumatoid arthritis. Anyway, no evidence I have osteoarthritis on Xrays. So, I'm still suffering like terribly 2-3 times per year during drastic temp changes. When you see a rhumato. see the best, bce you'll never get good care after, bce they protect each others in Canada. If we were in USA, it will be another story. They will probably be obliged to retire earlier. :-)

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Uninterested in the patient is an understatement....his arrogance takes over and he doesn't listen to what he is told....have to say he has broken every standard of the medical code of ethics for patient care...I think it is time for him to retire or move on to a non patient interfacing role as he provides awful care. He needs to realize when he has mentally checked out and do patients a favor by not practicing.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Morris has been my rheumatologist for over a decade now. He is responsible for fighting for me to get on the medicine that is allowing me to live a good life and be a mom to my boys. He fought for me to get on these meds when they weren't as well known. He will call you personally with a test result or an answer to a question. I highly recommend him, like has been said he is not going to baby you but will be there to give you the best possible medical care.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015