Ratings for Dr. Stewart Adams

I had a great experience with Market Mall Derma and Dr. Adams, highly recommend to others.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Came in to have a wart treated on my foot. Dr. Adams was punctual, and was able to painlessly treat the wart with a laser. I cannot recommend this doctor enough!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I was referred to this doctor for a skin check. I was told to arrive 10 minutes prior to my appointment of 11:20 a.m. which I did. One receptionist was helping someone else, and the other two were whispering and gossiping with each other while I stood there waiting. Once they finally finished their conversation they gave me a form to fill out, which I did, and then told to have a seat. Within a minute or so I was called - I was so impressed by the punctuality of my appointment, but that is where my happiness ended. I undressed in the office and Dr. Adams and his nurse came in to do my skin check. I was told to lie on my stomach and within a few seconds he muttered about something that needed to come off and then said I would feel a slight sting. He removed a mole from my back, and then continued with the check of the rest of my back and had me turn over where he checked the front of my body. I was then told that the mole would be sent for biopsy, and that I need to "stay out of the sun". I said "forever"! And he said yes, and his nurse gave me the name of 2 sunblock clothing lines. I asked about biopsy - he said the results would go to my doctor if they didn't find anything or I would get a phone call at home if it was abnormal. That was it - nothing about wound care for where the mole was removed - nothing about what he thought it might be - nothing about how long to get results. I was back in my car by 11:26 - he took barely 10 minutes with me and I have tons of moles. Felt very rushed - I was actually shocked! I hope to never have to return to this doctor again - I will ask my doctor for another referral!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr Adams saw me for Induced psoriasis. He recognized it immediately and is changing my medication and gave me some creams for the interim. They helped immediately. Follow up is as soon as the new medication is approved. He also took the time to teach his assistant what my condition was as she had never seen this. Awesome doctor, nice interaction with me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

My Daughter was referred to Dr Adams from her regular Dr. for her acne in January 2015. We had to wait for 7 months just to get in to him in August 2015, and in that time her acne got worse. When we finally saw him he decided to put her on a topical gel as he said her "acne was not that bad". We just saw him for a couple of minutes and he was ready to walk out before we had asked all the questions we had. My daughter used the gel ONCE and her lips and, eyes swelled up. I phoned the office and was not allowed to talk to him, just a nurse. The nurse suggested we let it "settled down for a few days" and try it again. I called back again 2 weeks later as my daughter's eyes had still had not returned to normal and told them she would not try it again. I wanted to get into to see the Dr but was told that I had to wait for her follow up. Her followup was booked for April 2016!! So in the meantime she has no treatment. I went back to our regular Dr and asked to see another Dermatiologist and got in within 3 months and regular follow ups are every 6 weeks. My Daughter will have 3 sessions with a new dermatologist in the time we would wait for our first FOLLOWUP! Outrageous! When the new dermatologist saw my daughter's face he said that her face was "terrible" and it should have been treated better and immediately. She now has terrible scars to deal with that likely would not have happened if Dr Adams would have provided more timely and effective treatment. My guess is that Dr Adams has no interest in dealing with AHC concerns and is treating those with cosmetic issues as a priority. Fine!. Then don't offer your services to AHC needs and let people get to a DR who is interested in helping them immediatley.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Adams is an excellent dematologist. He is caring, and very knowledgeable. My twelve year old daughter had an acne problem, and he was very helpful in treating it in a very quick manner. The staff was very friendly, and we didn't have to wait too long for an appointment. We were so happy that we received the time slots that we required. We feel very fortunate that he was recommended to us! Thank you for being such a great doctor,

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Staff are knowledgable, pleasant and helpful. Office is the most punctual of any medical office I have ever attended. Dr. Adams is kind, resourceful and trustworthy....puts his patients first. I've been a patient of his for many years and the care I have received has improved steadily. I highly recommend Dr. Stewart Adams.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for a number of years now (10+), first for lupus and now also for skin cancer. I have also more recently accessed the help to his clinic for laser treatment to diminish lupus scars and sun-related discolouration. Dr. Adams is the only specialist I have ever seen who was on time; I have been to his office many times over the years, and never waited in the waiting room or the clinic room more than 5 minutes. Hard to imagine of a doctor's office anymore, but it's true! He is very cognizant of how precious time is for both himself and his patients, and punctuality is important to him. He is very efficient, but takes time to listen and understand; I particularly found that quality in him helpful and comforting as we were searching for the cause of lesions on my face (lupus, which he successfully diagnosed where others had failed). He is absolutely the best physician in his field, hands down, and I wouldn't consider going to another dermatologist. What is so comforting is that he leaves you with a feeling of confidence, both in his ability and the ability of his clinic staff to take care of you, and confidence knowing that you're not alone in whatever dermatological issue you're facing. His vast knowledge, experience and professionalism make him a star in my books!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I was really disappointed with my visit with Dr. Adam. First he kept pushing me to get on accutane for very mild acne I was having. He didn't assess my skin at all and brushed off any concerns I had about taking the medication. I also asked him about a mole I though was concerning as it had changed over the years. Without even looking at it he basically said I had nothing to worry about. No diagnostics or proper assessment of my skin. Extremely disappointed!

Submitted September 30, 2015

The Best Dermatologist in Calgary period. I do not normally take the time to write reviews but I really wanted to share my positive experience with Dr. Adams. I have seen several doctors, dermatologists and cosmeticians with a concern of skin around my eyes. They are little bumps of skin that has bothered me for over ten years. All previous doctors had no idea what it was. I was told it was milia, cholesterol deposits and even the sunscreens I was using were to blame for this. After ten years and several doctors in two cities, I finally had a referral and visit to Dr. Stewart Adams and was amazed. He immediately diagnosed my condition as Syringnoma and treated it within seconds with a painless laser. My ten years or more of suffering came to an instant halt. The results were instantaneous and the complete healing took no more than two days. I can now look in the mirror and my confidence is back. At this same visit Dr. Adams had taken a skin scrap sample of my toe nails to properly diagnose toe nail fungus. Again no previous dr I had seen took the time and actually analyzed my toe condition. Previous doctors just wrote prescriptions for this that were very hard on the liver. Dr. Adams is now treating my toes with a topical treatment and laser to absolutely eradicate this toe fungus that has also plagued me for years. His knowledge, professionalism and expertise are above and beyond any previous doctor I have ever seen. I would highly recommend this doctor to everyone. On a related note, his cosmetic side of the office is very proficient and relatively priced better than most laser skin centers and dermatology clinics in Calgary for a multitude of treatments.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Stewart Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English