You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Stewart Adams

I was referred to this doctor for a skin check. I was told to arrive 10 minutes prior to my appointment of 11:20 a.m. which I did. One receptionist was helping someone else, and the other two were whispering and gossiping with each other while I stood there waiting. Once they finally finished their conversation they gave me a form to fill out, which I did, and then told to have a seat. Within a minute or so I was called - I was so impressed by the punctuality of my appointment, but that is where my happiness ended. I undressed in the office and Dr. Adams and his nurse came in to do my skin check. I was told to lie on my stomach and within a few seconds he muttered about something that needed to come off and then said I would feel a slight sting. He removed a mole from my back, and then continued with the check of the rest of my back and had me turn over where he checked the front of my body. I was then told that the mole would be sent for biopsy, and that I need to "stay out of the sun". I said "forever"! And he said yes, and his nurse gave me the name of 2 sunblock clothing lines. I asked about biopsy - he said the results would go to my doctor if they didn't find anything or I would get a phone call at home if it was abnormal. That was it - nothing about wound care for where the mole was removed - nothing about what he thought it might be - nothing about how long to get results. I was back in my car by 11:26 - he took barely 10 minutes with me and I have tons of moles. Felt very rushed - I was actually shocked! I hope to never have to return to this doctor again - I will ask my doctor for another referral!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr Adams saw me for Induced psoriasis. He recognized it immediately and is changing my medication and gave me some creams for the interim. They helped immediately. Follow up is as soon as the new medication is approved. He also took the time to teach his assistant what my condition was as she had never seen this. Awesome doctor, nice interaction with me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

My Daughter was referred to Dr Adams from her regular Dr. for her acne in January 2015. We had to wait for 7 months just to get in to him in August 2015, and in that time her acne got worse. When we finally saw him he decided to put her on a topical gel as he said her "acne was not that bad". We just saw him for a couple of minutes and he was ready to walk out before we had asked all the questions we had. My daughter used the gel ONCE and her lips and, eyes swelled up. I phoned the office and was not allowed to talk to him, just a nurse. The nurse suggested we let it "settled down for a few days" and try it again. I called back again 2 weeks later as my daughter's eyes had still had not returned to normal and told them she would not try it again. I wanted to get into to see the Dr but was told that I had to wait for her follow up. Her followup was booked for April 2016!! So in the meantime she has no treatment. I went back to our regular Dr and asked to see another Dermatiologist and got in within 3 months and regular follow ups are every 6 weeks. My Daughter will have 3 sessions with a new dermatologist in the time we would wait for our first FOLLOWUP! Outrageous! When the new dermatologist saw my daughter's face he said that her face was "terrible" and it should have been treated better and immediately. She now has terrible scars to deal with that likely would not have happened if Dr Adams would have provided more timely and effective treatment. My guess is that Dr Adams has no interest in dealing with AHC concerns and is treating those with cosmetic issues as a priority. Fine!. Then don't offer your services to AHC needs and let people get to a DR who is interested in helping them immediatley.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Adams is an excellent dematologist. He is caring, and very knowledgeable. My twelve year old daughter had an acne problem, and he was very helpful in treating it in a very quick manner. The staff was very friendly, and we didn't have to wait too long for an appointment. We were so happy that we received the time slots that we required. We feel very fortunate that he was recommended to us! Thank you for being such a great doctor,

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Staff are knowledgable, pleasant and helpful. Office is the most punctual of any medical office I have ever attended. Dr. Adams is kind, resourceful and trustworthy....puts his patients first. I've been a patient of his for many years and the care I have received has improved steadily. I highly recommend Dr. Stewart Adams.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for a number of years now (10+), first for lupus and now also for skin cancer. I have also more recently accessed the help to his clinic for laser treatment to diminish lupus scars and sun-related discolouration. Dr. Adams is the only specialist I have ever seen who was on time; I have been to his office many times over the years, and never waited in the waiting room or the clinic room more than 5 minutes. Hard to imagine of a doctor's office anymore, but it's true! He is very cognizant of how precious time is for both himself and his patients, and punctuality is important to him. He is very efficient, but takes time to listen and understand; I particularly found that quality in him helpful and comforting as we were searching for the cause of lesions on my face (lupus, which he successfully diagnosed where others had failed). He is absolutely the best physician in his field, hands down, and I wouldn't consider going to another dermatologist. What is so comforting is that he leaves you with a feeling of confidence, both in his ability and the ability of his clinic staff to take care of you, and confidence knowing that you're not alone in whatever dermatological issue you're facing. His vast knowledge, experience and professionalism make him a star in my books!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I was really disappointed with my visit with Dr. Adam. First he kept pushing me to get on accutane for very mild acne I was having. He didn't assess my skin at all and brushed off any concerns I had about taking the medication. I also asked him about a mole I though was concerning as it had changed over the years. Without even looking at it he basically said I had nothing to worry about. No diagnostics or proper assessment of my skin. Extremely disappointed!

Submitted September 30, 2015

The Best Dermatologist in Calgary period. I do not normally take the time to write reviews but I really wanted to share my positive experience with Dr. Adams. I have seen several doctors, dermatologists and cosmeticians with a concern of skin around my eyes. They are little bumps of skin that has bothered me for over ten years. All previous doctors had no idea what it was. I was told it was milia, cholesterol deposits and even the sunscreens I was using were to blame for this. After ten years and several doctors in two cities, I finally had a referral and visit to Dr. Stewart Adams and was amazed. He immediately diagnosed my condition as Syringnoma and treated it within seconds with a painless laser. My ten years or more of suffering came to an instant halt. The results were instantaneous and the complete healing took no more than two days. I can now look in the mirror and my confidence is back. At this same visit Dr. Adams had taken a skin scrap sample of my toe nails to properly diagnose toe nail fungus. Again no previous dr I had seen took the time and actually analyzed my toe condition. Previous doctors just wrote prescriptions for this that were very hard on the liver. Dr. Adams is now treating my toes with a topical treatment and laser to absolutely eradicate this toe fungus that has also plagued me for years. His knowledge, professionalism and expertise are above and beyond any previous doctor I have ever seen. I would highly recommend this doctor to everyone. On a related note, his cosmetic side of the office is very proficient and relatively priced better than most laser skin centers and dermatology clinics in Calgary for a multitude of treatments.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Very disappointed in first appointment with Dr Adams. No introduction, two questions about condition or history of prior treatment were asked, or time . Very much a volume based practice, literally less than 90 seconds with the Dr. Script was written by an assistant. Awful experience. Quite surprised at others positive experiences posted.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Adams is very knowledgable. trustworthy, and honest doctor. The only recommendation I have for him is to spend more time with patients, I was feel rushed by him. Another feedback I have to his office is to have is front desk receptionist more friendly and feel you more welcome. Also, have his nurses more knowledgeable about the beauty clinic they have if patients have a question they could responds since himself is very busy with patients. Dr. Adams, you should be more proactive with marketing your beauty clinic But, he is a great doctor and I rust him totally. All the best to you dear Dr. Adams :)

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Dr. Stewart Adams's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this doctor for a skin check. I was told to arrive 10 minutes prior to my appointment of 11:20 a.m. which I did. One receptionist was helpin..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adams saw me for Induced psoriasis. He recognized it immediately and is changing my medication and gave me some creams for the interim. They helped immediat..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My Daughter was referred to Dr Adams from her regular Dr. for her acne in January 2015. We had to wait for 7 months just to get in to him in August 2015, and i..."

March 9, 2016
  • Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "14036522182" to "".

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams is an excellent dematologist. He is caring, and very knowledgeable. My twelve year old daughter had an acne problem, and he was very helpful in treati..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Staff are knowledgable, pleasant and helpful. Office is the most punctual of any medical office I have ever attended. Dr. Adams is kind, resourceful and trustwo..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for a number of years now (10+), first for lupus and now also for skin cancer. I have also more recently accessed the help t..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was really disappointed with my visit with Dr. Adam. First he kept pushing me to get on accutane for very mild acne I was having. He didn't assess my skin at..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Best Dermatologist in Calgary period. I do not normally take the time to write reviews but I really wanted to share my positive experience with Dr. Adams. I..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Very disappointed in first appointment with Dr Adams. No introduction, two questions about condition or history of prior treatment were asked, or time . Very mu..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams is very knowledgable. trustworthy, and honest doctor. The only recommendation I have for him is to spend more time with patients, I was feel rushed by..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams - you are way too busy. Please don't take more patience than you can handle, with regards to followup appointments, etc. Your office feels like a b..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very rarely I take the time to positively rate a doctor, due to the horrific experiences I've had with the mediocre, dishonest and corrupt Alberta Health system..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best qualified pleasant amazing doctor highly highly recomend :)"

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On time and courteous as well as professional treatment by both Dr. Adams and his staff."

June 19, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://Instituteforskinadvancement.com" to "http://www.highriverdental.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T1V 1M6". Address has been updated from "None" to "104 1 Street Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14036522182".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely trust Dr. Adams and his team. I would highly recommend him. Thank You Dr. Adams!"

June 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Just simply a great doctor. Seeing him for over 10 years now. Always is polite and professional and respectful and on top of his "game". He knows his stuff ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazingly skilled doctor! He is highly respectful and skilled. My kid was nervous about the appointment and he joked with him the whole time! He loved him! I wo..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "No other doctor was able to diagnose my skin condition untill I ran into Dr.Adams. Very nice and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend him, his professiona..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous over some changes that I had noticed over the past year with some moles I have. I am covered with them and have many more than the average person...."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best dermatologist I have had, hands down. Very knowledgeable and professional. Would highly recommend him. We need more doctors like him! "

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Stewart Adams is a miracle worker! I had horrible acne on my face and he did a "face peel" which took it right off. I saw immediate results and I am overall..."

May 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams you're wonderful! I read over a couple of the reviews and I have to say I'm shocked at the although "minimal" negative comments. I have been to othe..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I am somewhat surprised to see positive comments on this guy's bedside manner, because I found it to be absolutely terrible. I had been working with my famil..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Steward prescribed treatment for my skin problem, but did not book any followup. I placed one call to say I did not believe the cream was working and the nur..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Stewart is a top-notch dermatologist - very kind and professional. Unlike other specialists I have seen, he worked with me to find the root cause of my prob..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Adams helped my cure my severe skin condition. I was in a wheel chair at one point and was in his every almost daily for over a month. I continue to go..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Adams diagnosed my malignant melanoma. He ensured that treatment was swift and he was thoughtful and sincere about my emotional fallout that occurred wit..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adams is a very professional individual, has a terrific bed-side manner and gets right to the point in his diagnosis. His staff moves things along making his..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had just returned from a tropical country with unknown bites. Dr Adam was able to get me in right away and check them out. He was very knowledgable and knew r..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is not a direct comment on Dr. Steward Adams as a doctor, this is regarding his office- Institute for Skin Advancement. Has anyone else noticed that all 4 ..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adam is very nice and friendly. I and my husband are very happy with Dr. Adams and his professional treatment. It was done on time and very quickly. Nice t..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's the first dermatologist that took me seriously when I came in with a very rare birthmark. He isn't able to fix everything, but he does what he can, and has..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very punctual, very professional. A good experience."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went in to get a cyst removed. The procedure was done on time and very quickly. Dr Adams is very friendly and did an excellent job. Couldn't have asked for a ..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After two years of suffering, visits to many doctors trying to identify the problem, Dr Adams was able to diagnose and begin treatment in just two visits. I can..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams is one of Calgary's seasoned Dermatologists. I have never had a long wait for my appointments. I am always impressed to notice that after all these ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with how little time I spent in the waiting room until I saw the doctor. Whe I asked to have a quick scan to check my skin in addition to ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adams gave me my life back . I have psoriasis , my body was covered from my head to my feet. 40 years of trying different dermatologists and treatments I wa..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Delighted with Dr. Adams - his professional treatment, willingness to explain what is happening and the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Nice to have ..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr Stewart Adams for many years. He and his team are incredible. I have severe psoriasis all over my body that caused me embarrassment ..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Adams in Feb. 2015 based on a referral from my family physician. Dr. Adams was extremely professional, high punctual, very respectful of your tim..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Overall, Dr. Adams is an exceptional dermatologist. I have had the privilege of being a patient for many years and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a ..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "This is my 2nd time visit - referral by my family doctor because of my skin problems... the staffs are great and of course Dr. Adams is knowledgeable and nice.."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wtf vvvvvvvvv gggggggg hhhhhhhhhh ggggģggggggggggg gggghhhhjjjjj hhhhjjkkkhvy gujj"

January 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is my 19th year seeing Dr. Adams for my psoriasis, acne as well as several other minor skin issues. I see Dr Adams at least 3 times per year and throughou..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Adams for more than 10 years and would easily recommend his services to anyone seeking a dermatologist. Because of a history of melanoma..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A highly knowledgeable doctor with lots of experience! I was very impressed by how much he knew and he had a great sense of humour! I would definitely recommend..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Always a great experience when I visit Dr. Adams. He is in the process of removing a port-wine stain birthmark; so incredibly happy with the results so far in m..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He was helpful and knowledgeable. Will appreciate if he spends little bit time to discuss the issues."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams was extremely knowledgeable about my condition - he was helpful, reassuring and had a great sense of humor in addition."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Adams for skin cancer, he knew exactly what it was, removed it immediately, his nurse was awesome, didn"t even feel the needle, he's a nice man and g..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Adams because of a reference for a temporarely skin disorder which was all over my body. At the first visit, I was out the do..."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Adams with a skin condition that our doctors did not recognize. I was in the office before my appointment time and out befor..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams has been my dermatologist since 2004 when I was diagnosed, by him, of having melanoma (skin cancer stage 2-3). Since then, I cannot say enough about ..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Waited for the appointment 6 months , was out the door in 5 minutes with no solution to my problem and a coupon for some toxic shampoo he is trying to peddle . ..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adams spent two minutes examining me and declared every spot was eczema Proscribed something I told he I reacted to and said "I'll see you in a year". Th..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Adams for about 15 years. He used to take the time and make a patient feel like he was concerned. Once he moved to Market Mall, his whole..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I am Extremely not impressed with Dr. Adams. I would feel like just a number! I saw him for facial peels and othe acne cream! I also had some spider veins on..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Adams for about 10 years. In every visit he has been punctual, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I am confident I am getting the be..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "excellent visit had all my issues dealt with very professional"

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Adams when by last Dermotologist, when he retired years age. I was told Dr. Adams was the right kind of doctor. I have been with him quit..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 30 years of deteriorating health and misdiagnosis costing our health care system hundreds of thousands of dollars, I had the good fortune to meet Dr. Stew..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr. Adams for about 20 years. After being diagnosed with an autoimmune condition as a young girl and consulting with many dermatologists, Dr. Adam..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adams is such an excellent physician. I am a Registered Nurse and worked with alot of physicians but Dr. Adams is one of the best in his field. He is unders..."

September 12, 2014