Ratings for Dr. James J. Dalla Riva

Dear Dr. Dalla Riva, I have called your office at least 11 times in the last 8 weeks requesting that you call me about a question that I have about my February 12, surgery. I have a question that apparently only YOU can answer as I have scoured the surgical reports and it is not there. Apparently your staff, already so famous and the subject of MANY terrible reviews (100% justified by the way) on the internet medical review sites for their horrific treatment of your patients, find it amusing not to have you return your calls. I have ovarian cancer that KILLS 93% of the women it strikes. I need the answer to this question for my treatment plan, the success of which will determine whether I live or die, and only YOU have the answer. I am NOT amused by all of this, and neither are my attorneys. This is NOT a joke, this is straight up malpractice and while I don't wish to get my attorneys involved, my LIFE is hanging in the balance literally on the question I need answered. I need a grand total of 45 more SECONDS of your time. My insurance company has paid you a shitload of money, and ethically as a healer you should realize it is your duty to tell me--which I am sure you do. However, I'm going to have to resort to social media to find out because your staff don't take their positions in the medical field very seriously--or I'd have heard back from you. This IS malpractice doctor--standard of care is that you must provide me with the information I need in order to seek correct treatment. I WILL send my attorneys after you--this is about a life-threatening OVARIAN CANCER and your malpractice rates are not my problem--saving my own life trumps suing you all day long. Believe me this is your last chance to do the right thing and I'm sorry I have to publicly embarrass you to get the information--but your staff should NOT be screwing around with your patients like this--and if they didn't give you my messages, then you need to clean house because they are about to put you on the wrong end of a med mal or wrongful death suit; if I die, since I am literally making my treatment plan based on incomplete information since your office would not co-operate. So, Dr.DallaRiva, I need you to call me please. This is my 12th attempt to reach you. I have a question about my surgery.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr. DallaRiva SAVED MY LIFE. My younger sister died 12 weeks ago from ovarian cancer and like her, I am also BRCA1+ and had no symptoms but because of the genetic defect made famous by Angelina Jolie I am at a high risk of developing ovarian, breast and uterine cancer Since the chance of cancer for anyone with the BRCA1 defect is 87% Dr. DallaRiva and I discussed a prophylactic hysterectomy. He was terrific and while I was certain that I didn't have cancer, my husband was pushing me hard to ave this surgery ASAP. I saw Dr. DallaRiva on Monday and he operated on me that Friday. Even though I had zero symptoms and my tissue looked normal, the lab found that I had Stage 2a High Grade Serous Carcinoma which is the exact cancer that killed my sister 12 weeks ago. It the most malignant aggressive ovarian and uterine cancer that exists and Dr. DallaRiva got ALL of it and literally in the nick of time. This is a very aggressive cancer and Dr. DallaRiva's knowledge of the risk I faced and how deadly this cancer is made me decide to have the surgery ASAP. In doing so, he saved my life. My sister's cancer as discovered at stage 3 and she had breast uterine and ovarian cancer and 16 months later we buried her. Because of the surgical intervention, my cancer is early stage 2a and Dr. DallaRiva GOT IT ALL even though we didn't think I even HAD cancer. I owe him my life, had I waited to the summer to do this surgery, I would have been stage 3 and like my sister would have died. I have a double mastectomy ahead of me and Dr. DallaRiva's assistant, Teri, was wonderful in helping to co-ordinate my care with the oncologist and plastic surgeon who will finish up my fight. It's not over because I have to have Chemotherapy even though he got all the cancer because this is such a very aggressive cancer with a huge mortality rate. I can't say enough good things about Dr. DallaRiva. In addition to being a first class surgeon, he's a really nice guy which counts for a lot!! He's definitely who you want to see!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Love this doctor! Always have a pleasant experience there. Office staff so kind and helpful!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I like Dr Dalla Riva, but his front of house staff is horrendous. Last time I went, I followed up my visit with a trip to McDonalds & actually thought, "Wow, these people have more warmth, compassion & personality than the women at Dalla Riva's office! Days before my baby was due I got so much attitude from the scheduler that I burst into tears & had to leave. Please Dr., do some house cleaning with your staff. If they act like they hate their jobs, they probably do!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

His staff is very unfriendly and they do not take the time to listen. The doctor is nice but after my last experience, I would never go back.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Our baby was delivered by Dr. Dall Riva and everything went well up to the delivery. His post-partum care has been horrendous. What I liked about him in all the pre-delivery appointments, timeliness, brevity is exactly what's causing the problems now. My wife was feeling terrible for days after we got home from the hospital. When she went to see him he came up with a diagnosis in about 2 minutes and gave her an antibiotic telling her she would be better in a few days. She didn't get any better. She called back on Friday and lo and behold, he is unavailable on Fridays so we had to go to the ER. The ER also looked at her and gave her another antibiotic to treat mastitis. Problem was she kept bleeding and having stomach pains. After another visit to his office he did an ultrasound and part of the placenta was left in her stomach. We scheduled a DNC which was very uncomfortable. He was there on time and again hurried through a procedure. He said, everything should be good now, but guess what. The stomach pains have not subsided at all. There is probably still more placenta left that he didn't get and another DNC would not be possible because of the softness of the cervix. Long story short, if you want a doctor that rushes thru everything and doesn't pay attention to details and doesn't care about anything that happens after you leave the delivery room then this is your guy.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Dalla Riva since August 2104. All I can say is he is WONDERFUL!! Yes you may have long waits to talk to someone to set up an appointment but if you call to talk to someone about test results or a medical issue they are good about getting back to you within the hour or so. Also they are good about getting you in if you are having issues in a timely manner. I am very satisfied with the office and Dr. Dalla Riva!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Dalla Riva for about 18 years and I love him! He is so compassionate and caring, I would go no where else. His staff is wonderful so down to earth and they try their best to be helpful.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

As a patient of his for 20 years, I have held him in the highest regards. His office staff, however, lacks professionalism and compassion. They are rude, discourteous, and act as if they hate their jobs. It's rare to encounter one of the office staff wearing a smile. A course in customer service would serve them well and this includes the office manager. His nurse practitioner also lacks warmth and compassion. Her militant personality is less than desirable. Sadly, all of these concerns have been brought to his attention and nothing ever seems to change.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Dalla Riva and Dr Hulsen are absolutely great. They make you feel so comfortable. However, it may be worth searching for a different gyno due to their horrible office staff. The girls that work the front desk are always rude, unfriendly, and unapproachable. I know several woman who have changed gynecologists lately due to the office staff. It doesn't matter how great of a doctor you are...you see the doctors for 5 minutes and the office staff are who you have the most interaction with. I hate to see such a good practice be brought down by unfriendly desk clerks (who are a dime a dozen!)

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. James J. Dalla Riva's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Maryville, IL