Ratings for Dr. Karen Walker

Dr. Karen Walker was recommended by family and friends as an amazing compassionate doctor, tops in her field that understands women's issues ! I began seeing her this year and she is tops as friends say! She is kind, caring , fits you in if you need to see her and takes the time to discuss my overall well-being as well as gynecological issues She is one of the very best doctors I have seen!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I just came across this post and I am floored! Dr.Walker formerly Dr.Bartscht was my gynecologist over 20 years ago. She performed surgery on me, when I had concerns and called her office the nurse was out right rude and disrespectful. She even lied to the Dr stating that I was confrontational. Dr. Bartscht/Walker called me while I was still off work recouping from a surgery that she performed and told me she was dismissing me as her patient. What professional does something of this nature. So whoever posted this horrible experience is not lying!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr Walker was wonderful, she listened to all my concerns and was able to help. I would highly recomened her for any woman, and especially women over 40 with menapose issues.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Walker is a highly skilled and caring physician. She has always taken time to discuss my overall well-being as well as gynecological issues. I have been seeing her for over 20 years and have been satisfied with each visit. Prior to seeing Dr. Walker I had been going to a Beaumont OB/GYN. When a PAP test came back with suspicious cells, he suggested I wait for 6 months to see if it got worse! Dr. Walker took immediate action and prevented a potential cancer. I have recommended her to numerous friends and they all trust and appreciate her skills and caring. I would not hesitate in sending family and friends to her with confidence that they would get exceptional medical care.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Walker is very caring and understanding. I have been with her for many years and always had a pleasant experience. I trust her judgement and recommendations.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I had a very mixed experience with Dr. Walker. She is knowledgeable about her field and offered a number of options to me. However, she questioned my judgment, taking an oddly hostile stance against my knowledge and intuition as we talked. Also, she acted as though I was wasting her time, despite clear evidence of a gyn problem on radiologic studies ordered by another doctor. I switched doctors and have received much better care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

I've been a patient of De. Walker for many years and I think she's wonderful. She takes a real interest in her patients and has always addressed my concerns with patience and competent advice. I feel very comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

AMAZING! She validated all of my concerns and fears! Very comforting and knowledgable!! Would reccomend!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I have never had an experience like this with any other physician. First, her nurse was short, rude and inconvenienced. Dr. walker screamed and belittled one of the office staff for scheduling my appointment at a time when she had to leave for an activity with her children. She was rough, blunt in the fact that on this visit we could not discuss anything else because insurance would not pay her for it. She made an error when trying to get a medication approved by insurance. instead of correcting it, she was belegerent with me, walked out of the room and sent the receptionist in to tell me "to leave". Also, a prescription needed to written in a 90 day supply for insurance to cover it, though I had a year of refills, she explained she just couldn't take her time unless she could bill a visit for it. Truthfully, this physicians behavior was extremely rude and uncooperative. I would not recommend her to anyone. My family and I are searching for another md, will never go back to dr. walker.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Dr. Walker is fantastic!! My mother has gone to her for years and I switched over about 5 years ago.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Karen Walker's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ypsilanti, MI