Ratings for Dr. Patricia S. Choban

From my personal experience and research I have done, I regard Dr. Choban as being the best bariatric surgeon in Central Ohio.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I was banded by a great surgeon in Cincinnati. I wanted a Doc closer to home and was very disappointed with Dr. Choban. She tighted my band too tight while and the next day I couldnt even drink water. I had to go to Mt. Carmels ER because no one was on staff to take fluid out. Dr. Choban was duing Surgery that day. The ER doc paged her about the patients in the ER with band problems but we waited all day for her to complete surgeries. The Doc in Cincin. at least have nurses on staff that can handle those emergencies. Did I mention she is careless when she searches for your port? I was scraped by the needle as she removed it. I also disagree with the previous post. Dr. Choban has a terrible bedside manner. Please search very carefully for your a surgeon. It is a major decision.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

I loved her in the beginning and recommended her to everyone. I even accepted the horrible scars she left on my stomach because I liked her so much. BUT if she makes a mistake, she will not assume the responsibility. Mt. Carmel West charged me $3500 to replace a Lap Band because she initially put one on that was too small causing scar tissue to close the passage in my stomach. I spoke worked for a year regarding this. I would have continued going to her if she would have covered the charge. Now Mt. Carmel West has garansheed my wages. They took 33% of my net income which only leaves me 1 1/4 pay checks per month to live on.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Dr. Choban is great. She did my Lap-Band surgery. The clinic she works with is very thorough and they are very good about answering questions. She has a very good bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Dr. Patricia S. Choban's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1983)