Ratings for Dr. John J. Oro

Absolutely phenomenal doctor. I was 17 when I had my surgery and heard he was the best in the Chicago business so my parents and I made the drive to Denver from Utah to have him preform my surgery and it was the best decision I ever made. I have such fond memories of the care I received in the days after my surgery; his staff was amazing and so caring to both me and my parents. I am now 21 and so thankful for Dr. Oro and his team for giving me my life and health back.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

An amazing man! Does anyone know who took over for him since his retirement? He was my doctor before he retired, and I am lost now and need surgery. Living in Colorado.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr Oro is a true blessing to us fellow chiarians where so many surgeons do not understand chiari or even how to treat you Dr Oro is the best neurosurgeon for the job.When my local neurosurgeons couldn't or wouldn't even admit I had chiari Dr Oro did he found the problem he did surgery to correct the problem he saved my life!!!I always wandered where he hid his wings under the lab coat because he truly was an angel to me!!!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Oro is one of the most amazing doctors that I have ever met. He saved my life. My first brain surgery was botched by another physician and Dr. Oro was able to stabilize my Chiari. I ended up having a massive CSF leak and he rushed me into emergency surgery at 8:00am on a Saturday. He stuck with me, despite my numerous complications. I HIGHLY recommend him

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Oro is the most compassionate doctor I've ever met. His knowledge for Chiari and its other related conditions are superb. I have had two Tethered Cord Relesase surgeries done by him. The most recent was just 6 weeks ago on 3/3/15. He literally held my hand when I was in pain. I have Chiari too, but have not been decompressed. He knows that even a small herniation causes severe symptoms. This is one special man.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Oro did my decompression in March 2011. He and his staff have been so kind and helpful. Definitely tops in his field

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

When my loved ones asked me how I liked Dr. Oro, my answer was, "I think he should be the head guy in charge of all things medical in the entire world." His office and exam rooms are clean, his staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and my appointments have always started on time. He is a wealth of knowledge and explains things so that anyone can easily understand them. Just as important as his medical knowledge is his personality. He is kind, humble, honest, and has an excellent bed side manner. He is an active listener and is genuinely caring and interested improving the quality of life with his patients. These are all things that the general medical community is sorely lacking. There are many many doctors who should be taking their cues directly from Dr. Oro and everyone at the chiari care center. Thank you, Dr. Oro. You have made a tremendous positive impact in my medical care and reminded me that there are still a few greats docs out there. May God bless and keep you.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have a Chiari malformation and had surgery prior to meeting Dr. Oro. The stint placed in the previous surgery had tethered my spinal cord and caused horrific side effects. Dr. Oro was willing to listen and answer all of our questions. He had the solution to my issue before he even walked into the room. He performed the surgery to remove the stint and the scar tissue. Everything went wonderfully and I am thrilled with the work he did. His staff is wonderful and I have always felt that they truly care about me and my quality of life. Thank you so much Dr. Oro and Kimberly you have both been wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I never even made it past the front desk, I don't care how knowledgeable the surgeon is if you can never get to him and have to deal with the incompetent staff up front then I already know how the after care for my child would be. Thank god she is a child and can go to Denver Children's for her procedure. I would be upset that my staff would warrant people changing surgeons. Might want to take a look at that Dr. Oro.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr Oro did my surgery almost 2 years ago. Surgery went well, and Dr Oro and the staff were very helpful and caring for the many appointments.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr. John J. Oro's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Aurora, CO