Ratings for Dr. Anita U. Yap

I was simply calling this doctor's office to get more information on her services as an Immigration Civil Surgeon and the staff were incredibly rude. They did not want to give me any information, and they acted as though the doctor wanted to remain completely anonymous to the public. Terrible service, I guess they don't want anymore patients.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

When I found myself unemployed from my job of 12 years, I was in need of 5 prescriptions that I could not afford.  I was told I could get samples but when I called to request them, twice I could not get past the nurse who told me they were not available.  I asked to get generics through walgreen/walmart programs and only one of my prescriptions was called in at the discounted price - I was told again by the NURSE not the doctor that had to take brand names: all of which came to $502/mo, which I could not afford.  When I told the nurse that I would not be able to pay this and without these meds would not be able to get accurate blood test results, or pay for follow up office visits I was promptly sent a certified letter stating that Dr Yap would no longer be my doctor and that I had to find a new primary (with NO insurance!).  I'd been a patient of this doctor for well over 15 years!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Charges for services that should be free to patients as a normal part of running medical practice. Refuses to assist medicaid patients even as a secondary insurer.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Anita U. Yap's Credentials

• Univ Of Santo Tomas, Fac Of Med And Surg, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1964)

AHC