Ratings for Dr. S. Gwin Robbins

Dr. Robbins save my life on November 11th 2005. He is the best cardiothorasic surgen in the business. I truly believe that his skills are guided by God. Thank you for giving me another chance to live a better life. God Bless you, Wayne T.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Triple Bypass 1983 that held me good until another was performed by another doctor in his office in 2004 that is still working.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

He saved my life. Was very gifted and kind. I felt safe with him and my family trusted him as well. I don't think I would have survived without him as I was kept too long without care in the hospital until he came and moved things along.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Just after 9/11 I was diagonised with severe blockage in all 5 of my arteries. Three arteries were 100% blocked and the other two were 90%. Dr.Gwinn performed the surgery at St. Francis on 9/20. After 8 hours I emerged from surgery with an extraudinally successful quintuple by-pass.Dr. Gwinn also used veins from my left arm (I understand these are primo but not everyone has good arm veins)Now 9 years later my "pipes" as I call them are super clean. I can also barely see the scars. He really knows how to sew up a patient. There is no better surgeon and I am alive!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

I had extensive injuries to my rib cage and lung due to a fall in my home. My family doctor put me in touch with Dr. Robbins who said he could repair the damage and give me some relief from the intense pain I was in. While x-raying me a spot was found on one lung and Dr. Robbins wanted to take it out but I only agreed on condition that it would not require another surgery as the spot had been there for years. After I came out of recovery I discovered that my original problem of so much pain in my chest was still there and in fact the surgeon had removed the spot but had not fixed the broken ribs. It was only after my follow-up visit to his office did he realize he had not fixed me. Evidently removing a spot from a lung pays better. So, now I had to endure a second surgery to repair the ribs and this time he left a herniated lung unrepaired. I still live in intense pain every day. This has been a most devastating and life changing experience and I feel abandoned by Dr. Robbins.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. S. Gwin Robbins's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

AARP