Ratings for Dr. David Smith

I saw Dr Smith for both of my pregnancies and would definitely see him again if I hadn't moved. His appointments were always on time (or less than 15 minutes behind). He was always happy to answer any questions no matter how trivial (and never made me feel silly for asking). He is more reserved, but very kind and we always felt completely comfortable with him. During the delivery he was very calm. There is no question of his skill or competence. I'd recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Calm and confident. Dr Smith was very experienced and I always felt well cared for.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Amazing Doctor. Had him for both my pregnancies and then later on in life had a hysterectomy. His is so good and technically excellent. Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

Dr. Smith looked after me during both my pregnancies with the first one resulting to a miscarriage. I had a referral to see him at 12 weeks but I miscarried before then & after having a horrible experience with a GP & later on RNSH, my husband called him & explained the situation. His office made arrangements with the Ultrasound place to confirm the miscarriage & explained what his recommendation would be (D&C) & quickly booked me in for surgery. He was very thorough in his explanation & didn's say a bad word about RNSH despite going against their recommendation (miscarry naturally). For my next pregnancy, again he was very forthcoming with information & explaining things thoroughly. The outcome was eventually C section due to circumstances but he never pushed us in this direction. My scar healed well & when I had high blood pressure post operation, the midwives were very panicky but he was calm & reassuring that he knew it won't eventuate to anything serious.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

David Smith looked after me during both my full-term pregnancies with the utmost care and responsibility. I also had 2 miscarriages which he also dealt with in an extremely caring and professional. I have referred and will continue to refer people to David as they have also had the same professional caring experience. David would always answer all my questions not matter how trivial they seemed to me. He has a very dry sense of humour which tends to come out once you have been to visit him a few times. What more can I say. I have 2 healthy children and my pregnancy experience was stress free all with David's help.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I found Dr Smith to be very knowledgeable and helpful not only in my problems leading up to my pregnancy but also during my 1st pregnancy. He came across a little stuffy at times but always answered all our questions, no matter how trivial, respectively and in a way we could easily understand. Never once making us feel like the over anxious parents-to-be that we were. I had a C-section and he was very good. My recovery was very quick and nurses commented on how good the scar looked and was healing. I put this down to his expertise as recovery from my second c-section by a different doctor (we moved)was slow and very painful. Dr Smith's wife was the receptionist at the time and she was lovely and seemed very genuine, even greeting me and my son by name when we returned for our 6 weeks check. I am sorry that the other person who commented had a difficult time but in my experience I found him to be very professional and most importantly very competent.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

I AM still suffering and in pain after what dr David Smith did.A simple bladder sling costing my last three years of pain and money,most doctors say what a mess. Internal bleeding tape all over my pelvic area. ****

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008