Ratings for Dr. Otis L. Stitt

I used Dr. Stitt throughout my pregnancy and as a GYN afterward. I LOVE this man. He is an amazing doctor with his job as well as being there for you for anything. His staff treated me like family every time I came in! He was not on call for my daughters birth (dr aranas delivered, I don't recommend) but he showed up first thing in the morning to check on me and my daughter and held her for a good half an hour. Lol its very apparent he's a father because it shows in his care. I'm going to be devastated when I move out of state! My only recent issue is while I'm glad to see his wife join the practice, their OB office isnt the same office anymore and therefore when I just tried to make an appointment for an annual, I only had one day to choose from. But if that's what it takes to see him as my doctor over anyone else, I'll move my schedule around!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Stitt at 28 weeks pregnant with a high risk pregnancy. Just 2 days after meeting him for the first time, I delivered a preemie. Dr. Stitt was not on call that night and came in, to do my c-section because I hadn't met his partner doctors yet. He is very kind and knowledgeable. If he doesn't know the anwser he finds one. I am now expecting again, another High risk Pregnancy, Dr. Stitt is very helpful and makes sure that me and this baby are taken care of. I wouldn't see any other doctor after everything I have been thourgh.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr Stitt was my Doctor for my hysterectomy. Best doctor I have ever had, and I have seen many being a soldier/Army wife. He is very professional, understanding, and compassionate. Have recommended him to many of my friends. He even made my husband comfortable with the procedure, and that says a lot.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Dr. Stitt is by far the best Dr. I've ever had for anything. Period. I always have to have appt's later in the afternoon so I have had to wait quite some time before getting in, but its worth it! He always calls back, he doesnt rush during appt's, very helpful and honest about everything without worrying you. Hes very interested in his patients, he even made sure to jot down what we're planning to name our little girl and always addresses how I feel as well as what will be coming up in the next few weeks of pregnancy! Being a first time mom this is extremely helpful! Great sense of humor and my husband & I are just simply more than proud to have him be the one who is delivering my baby girl! Couldn't say better things about him! :)Oh! & Ive seen many of his nurses and they're all so sweet! They all remember me every time I come in, and even the nurse who does the appointments is the sweetest! The receptionists at the window are another story lol But every dr office they're pretty cold

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr. Stitt has been wonderful. His nurse is very sweet and is always supportive and helpful. He knows what he is doing, and has a great sense of humor. I have only had 2 appointments run late throughout my entire pregnancy, and that is because they were scheduled in the late afternoon (when everything tends to get backed up anywhere!)and even then it wasn't too bad. I would definately recommend him. Also, I have had no trouble at all with my co-payments. I actually have had to pay less than I expected initially.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Well, unlike the first commenter, I have had a wonderful time being a patient of Dr. Stitt's. He is a VERY knowledgable, patient, and kind doctor. He ALWAYS returns calls and takes time to answer all questions that are asked of him. Dr. Stitt's nurse is not rude. I have had several encounters with her on numerous occasions. I feel comfortable being a patient of Dr. Stitt's. I am in good hands. Sorry the last commenter had such a negative experience. I cannot say the same.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

His office cannot keep up with co-payments and if you've paid them or not. They kept sending me a bill for one I'd paid on my first visit. His nurse is rude and he tried to get me to have Mirana put in me after my pregnancy. I didn't want to talk about it and he insisted. I was only 4 months pregnant at the time.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

Dr. Otis L. Stitt's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Commercial Insurance Company