Ratings for Dr. Chess McNeil

I've had a great experience with Dr. McNeil. It was clear from the first consult that he had a depth of experience and many years honing his skills and knowledge. I was very satisfied with the whole process of getting my braces on and off and the care I continue to receive. The whole team at the office is always professional, kind and warm. It feels like a family environment and I always left feeling well cared for.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I Ihave my second child in treatment with Dr. McNeil and could not be happier with the excellent treatment we have received during our time there. The staff is very informative and helpful every step of the way. We are given frequent updates on our child's treatment and any questions asked are always thoroughly answered by Dr Macneil... my son loves his new smile!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

We have had all four of our daughters' braces done by Dr McNeil. He knows his stuff. Our girls get compliments on their teeth ALL the time. He is reasonably priced and is in a super convenient location for our family. He doesn't mince words which is what our family appreciates about him. He is efficient and to the point. If you aren't into fluffy, beat around the bush bs service then Chess is your guy.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Chess McNeil is only in it for the money. He does not put a permit rip retainer on. He knows most kids probably won't wear it and will be back to get there teeth fixed. I've bought a few retainers because they stop fitting if you don't wear every single night. All my friends who've gone out of town for braces have top and bottom retainers. I went back to ask about getting top braces put on again. My top teeth have moved because I only have a bottom retainer. He's like yeah we can put braces back on your top and bottoms, why would I need bottoms again. My bottoms are fine. It's a huge money grab, don't waste your time. Go else where.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

i have actually observed at Dr.MacNeil's in his office on numerous occasions and clinically is a great orthodontist and has a colourful and charming personality with patients! Of the many offices i have observed at he is one of the better ones and would not hesitate to bring my kids to him

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

If you are looking for long lasting, prominent, terrible work, Dr.Chess McNeil is the orthodontist for you. My teeth do not align after over 5 years of braces and thousands of dollars spent. When I confronted Dr.McNeil on his awful job on my teeth he shrugged and advised that I get major reconstructive surgery on my jaw, or do nothing. So much for looking at all the options. Again I remind, worst doctor in Grimsby, is Chess McNeil. He doesn't even where gloves when his hands are in your mouth!!! Violating health regulations is just one of the many wrong doings committed by Chess McNeil everyday.

Submitted November 25, 2014

Ches did my braces about 25 years ago and did an amazing job. I am complimented on my teeth all the time. Even strangers ask me who did them. He is now doing my daughter's braces and we couldn't be happier. I don't think he is rude at all and love his personality. We always have a great laugh when I see him. I would never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

Most of his "helpers" are very kind; I have had a few rude ones. The receptionist is always sweet. Chess however I find is very arrogant and is just in it for the money. I have had 3 children go to him with braces and each needed more work within 2 years of treatment which I had to re pay for because he will not cover it (I am going to a new orthodontist now). Chess only straightened their teeth, did not align them with one another (The center of the bottom and top teeth are now where near being aligned on 2/3 of my children). I would recommend going somewhere else; he does not support his patients very well when they come back and gets treatment done as quickly (even if it isn’t correct) as possible. Save your money and go elsewhere. I took my children here because it was in town and close to their schools. Now I wish I drove elsewhere for their braces.

Submitted February 9, 2014

I have had two children go through Dr. MacNeil. I don't like the fact that he essentially pushes the parents out of the treatment. He doesn't seem to like to talk to or update us. However, for the most part, I have been satisfied with treatment. I have not had a pleasant experience with the receptionist(s). It is difficult to book appointments when I am available to take the kids and it is frustrating that they refuse to accomodate my limited time or even discuss it politely. Eye contact would be nice. I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth and if I had another child needing braces, I would look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I got braces about 12 years ago now. According to him, I had a slight under-bite, and he used a combination of elastics and head gear to "correct" this. Now over a decade later, my jaw is in constant pain and frequently cracks while eating or even just talking. This started almost immediately after my treatment with Chess. If I had known this was a potential outcome, I would have never gone to him to begin with.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013